Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Legislation - HSN forum

Legislation

6 replies to this topic

#1 Vixus

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:05 AM

I was looking through 2004's paper and realised we have to know stuff about the Freedom of Information Act... so can someone give me an overview of this and the other acts we must know about? I know about the Data Protection, Computer Misuse acts... what about the Copyrights, Designs and Patents Act?

#2 Jonny-Sensei

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Music, Skateboards, Guitar/Bass, Ice Hockey, Drinking, Darts, Poker, Pool and of course SLEEPING!!!<br /><br />Currently about to take a gap year before reapplying for Medicine. Hoping to study at Aberdeen University :D

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:21 AM

The Copyright, Designs and Patents Act is basically about reproducing or transmitting copyrighted works like music books and movies, kinda like P2P programs and CD-Burning. Look at the Info Systems Notes Here and scroll to page 9 for more detail.

I don't have any notes on Freedom Of Information Act at all. I suppose google should yield some results there but I would say its unneccesary to know.

----------------------------------------------------------

Good luck with the exam today everyone smile.gif

Edited by PinkFloyd, 26 May 2005 - 09:23 AM.

Roll on ze gap year !!

#3 Gavers

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:26 AM

Do we need to know what the sort of penalties that happen if you break any of these laws?

#4 Vixus

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:31 AM

Er... you get arrested? tongue.gif

#5 Gavers

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:35 AM

laugh.gif rolleyes.gif

I mean like the £2000 fine and 2 years in prison etc

#6 burno483

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 10:29 AM

well if we do, i'm gonna fail coz no one ever mentioned that to me!

#7 Gavers

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 10:32 AM

Is it just me, or do most of the Info Sys teachers teach everyone completely different stuff to everyone else in the country?

Or are they all just useless and clueless? blink.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users