Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
What Did You Think of the Exam ? - HSN forum

What Did You Think of the Exam ?

6 replies to this topic

#1 super_diva <3!

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 12:14 PM

How did everyone find todays exam?

I thought the reading was pretty straight forward as was the Directed Writing! But I found the listening quite hard sad.gif I'm usually quite good at that as well!

#2 Chünz

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE(super_diva <3! @ May 25 2005, 12:14 PM)
How did everyone find todays exam?

I thought the reading was pretty straight forward as was the Directed Writing! But I found the listening quite hard  sad.gif I'm usually quite good at that as well!

View Post

Oh thank god! Someone else who found the listening quite hard - I did but everyone else in my class thought it was easy peasy.

I agree, the reading and directed writing were straight forward. I was pretty surprised to see the short essay on TV. I kind of turned it into a free time essay though... blink.gif

How did everyone else get on? biggrin.gif

#3 simab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Neopets.com, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, The Matrix movies. I like watching Casualty, Holby, Eastenders, River City, Home and Away, The OC, Friends, Will &amp; Grace, Big Brother and other reality programmes. I also like a wide range of music accept Jazz and Classical.

Posted 25 May 2005 - 03:08 PM

[FONT=Courier] I thought the exam was straight forward overall. Paper 1's reading was easy as well as the directed writing. Paper 2 the listening was hard but the writing was okay. Me and my friend both found the listening hard and we got A's in the prelim. Does anyone else know how they will work out our final grade? How do they add the speaking exam to the final exam mark?[COLOR=purple] smile.gif

#4 super_diva <3!

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 03:49 PM

The whole exam is out of 100 marks

Speaking 25 %
Reading and Dw - 45%
Listening and Short Essay - 30%

All the marks you get are added up and the number of marks you get is you percentage.

So I think teachers must send your speaking marks away to the SQA once they've been calculated so they can be added to your actual exam mark smile.gif I think...

#5 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 03:59 PM

Thats right. I do not know how my speaking went so I dont know about grade but I think I did well in the actual external exam. I found the listening quite hard and had to guess a few but I'll be ok.
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#6 princess sparkle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 10:20 PM

I found the listening the hardest part ! I can't believe i never heard that the tele show was "Gran Hermano" I loved big brother back then aswell! lolol!

#7 rosstoof

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 06:06 PM

I don't do it, but all of my friends have been complaining about a supposed essay 2 question about computers, that wasn't in the course. Anyone's thoughts on this? According to my friends the teacher was raging and is writing a letter to SQA to complain that it was not in the course...thoughts?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users