Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
decision making planning control - HSN forum

decision making planning control

17 replies to this topic

#1 ClaireY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 11:01 AM

hey guys can u all gimme a hand with how u tackle the decision making, planning control questions where you have to identify the pieces of data within a graph or table etc...
also for strategic op tact data too!

Hw do u work it out :S:S:S

help asap pleeeese xxx

#2 Gavers

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 11:08 AM

Frannyanny gave a good few ideas about Strat, op & tact data on This conversation here

Watch that conversation, and ask in there too, it might help you more than I can wink.gif

#3 ClaireY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 11:12 AM

cheers tht helped but can u or any1 else tell me bout the decision making and tht? reli weak point!!

#4 Peter

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:Sports, computers, GIRLS !!!<br /><br />I like doing drama, i want to be a stage manager for a big company

Posted 25 May 2005 - 11:13 AM

I know what you mean, I find it hard as wekk, i'm currently looking for that stuff over the internet and i will reply if and even if i don'y find anything, and don't give up i know i haven't
P.E.T.E.R

#5 Peter

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:Sports, computers, GIRLS !!!<br /><br />I like doing drama, i want to be a stage manager for a big company

Posted 25 May 2005 - 11:28 AM

Hi, I think I have found something useful for you. go to http://www.ltscotland.org.uk/nq/
and then click on find materials for your subject and click on Infromation systems then click on NQ libirary (NQ something anyway) and it will give you a list of choices and click on information organisation then click on text only file (i did, but any will do).

I hope that helps

from Peter

this is the right copy the others were wrong sorry
P.E.T.E.R

#6 Peter

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 11:30 AM

Hi, I think I have found something useful for you. go to http://www.itscotland.org.uk/nq
and then click on find materials for your subject and click on Infromation systems and it will give you a list of choices and click on NQ library and then press on information org.

I hope that helps

from Peter
P.E.T.E.R

#7 Peter

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 11:48 AM

Do you know the characteristics of decision making? if not tell me and i will tell you them.
P.E.T.E.R

#8 Gavers

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 11:50 AM

I think I just realised what it is your having problems with - riiiiiight, lol. Okay then... I sort of have trouble with this bit as well, but I'll do my best, and hopefully we can correct each other and all get it right eventually smile.gif

I just summarised what I THINK they are all about here:

Decision making = what the company/organisation/whatever are doing
Planning = how they do it
Control = works out if they have done it yet, and is used in conjunction with the decision making and planning to detemine what the next step is if they haven't done what they set out to do in the first place.

Like I said, I THINK that is right, but I might be wrong. Need to get it checked out.

Give me about 20 minutes and I'll find an example question, put it up and (hopefully) answer it right too.

#9 Peter

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 01:21 PM

Did you get what i snt yu and was it any help ClaireY ?[B]
P.E.T.E.R

#10 Peter

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE(Peter @ May 25 2005, 12:28 PM)
Hi, I think I have found something useful for you. go to http://www.ltscotland.org.uk/nq/
and then click on find materials for your subject and click on Infromation systems then click on NQ libirary (NQ something anyway) and it will give you a list of choices and click on information organisation then click on text only file (i did, but any will do).

I hope that helps

from Peter

this is the right copy the others were wrong sorry

View Post

Can you give me any help with tactica, stategic and operational questions etc, plz plz plz i beg of you lol
P.E.T.E.R

#11 Gavers

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 01:24 PM

Okay, maybe not exactly 20 minutes, but I got hungry wink.gif
And it aint really a question, its exactly what it says in the notes -

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Page 17 & 18 of Section 3 - study materials in the Info Organisation notes.

Uses of Information in Organisations

Plannng - Plannign involves actins carried out leading to the forming of a set of aims to be achieved.

These actions are the steps to be tken in the future to get whee you have decided you are going.

Having decided on a goal an org. must know the actions to be carried out to achieve it - the activity of setting down the actions is known as planning

Where are we going?

How will we get there?

2 methods are forecasting and modelling each of which is based on the usage of raw data.

Decision Making
Decision making is the ability to examine information related to any situation - alternative actions available, prbable results of actions available - and to identify the next action(s) to be taken

In order to make suitable decisions all info related to a situation should be available. An informed person or group should carry out decision making.

Control
Control is the monitoring or checking of current performance against expected results. Control allows orgs to see if everything is progressing according to plans. Control idetifies where ther is a cariance from the expected results. Adjustments can take place to return to the expected performance rates.

Education
Without full knowledge of developments in a field of activities, an org will be unable to function to its best ability. Ongoing educatio in relation to current developments within an industry andmanagement techniques will allow an organisation to carry out its activities to the optimum level.

- Info about advancements in production techniques
- Info about the latest available machines for production
- Info collected about the customers of the business
- Info on the latest training methods forstaff

All of these are educational info for an org to keep up-to-date. If an org fails to use info to educate the staff and enhance the knowledge base available it will be much more difficult for them to continue let alone grow and improve.

Theres a couple of tables on pages 19-20ish of the same note booklet, if you don't have them then I'll try to find a way to scan them in, coz I cannot be bothered writing out more than what I've already done, I've got to do some more of my own revision wink.gif

Gavers =)

#12 Peter

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 01:26 PM

QUOTE(Gavers @ May 25 2005, 02:24 PM)
Okay, maybe not exactly 20 minutes, but I got hungry wink.gif
And it aint really a question, its exactly what it says in the notes -

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Page 17 & 18 of Section 3 - study materials in the Info Organisation notes.

Uses of Information in Organisations

Plannng        -        Plannign involves actins carried out leading to the forming of a set of aims to be achieved.

These actions are the steps to be tken in the future to get whee you have decided you are going.

Having decided on a goal an org. must know the actions to be carried out to achieve it - the activity of setting down the actions is known as planning

Where are we going?

How will we get there?

2 methods are forecasting and modelling each of which is based on the usage of raw data.

Decision Making
Decision making is the ability to examine information related to any situation - alternative actions available, prbable results of actions available - and to identify the next action(s) to be taken

In order to make suitable decisions all info related to a situation should be available. An informed person or group should carry out decision making.

Control
Control is the monitoring or checking of current performance against expected results. Control allows orgs to see if everything is progressing according to plans. Control idetifies where ther is a cariance from the expected results. Adjustments can take place to return to the expected performance rates.

Education
Without full knowledge of developments in a field of activities, an org will be unable to function to its best ability. Ongoing educatio in relation to current developments within an industry andmanagement techniques will allow an organisation to carry out its activities to the optimum level.

-  Info about advancements in production techniques
        -  Info about the latest available machines for production
        -  Info collected about the customers of the business
        -  Info on the latest training methods forstaff

All of these are educational info for an org to keep up-to-date. If an org fails to use info to educate the staff and enhance the knowledge base available it will be much more difficult for them to continue let alone grow and improve.

Theres a couple of tables on pages 19-20ish of the same note booklet, if you don't have them then I'll try to find a way to scan them in, coz I cannot be bothered writing out more than what I've already done, I've got to do some more of my own revision wink.gif

Gavers =)

View Post

thanks that helped
P.E.T.E.R

#13 Vixus

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 01:28 PM

Strategic - Long Term (5 years+), Mainly External Info, Effects entire organisation/individual's running. Top management of company. Lots of uncertainty

Tactical - Mid-To-Long Term (1-3 years), Internal+External Info, Not made on a daily basis, done by middle management. Less uncertainty.

Operational - Short Term (daily basis), Mainly Internal Info, Done by low-level management, effects day-to-day running of company, no much room for change, no uncertainties.

#14 Peter

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 01:38 PM

Thanks that help tones, anything else (not fair you are so smart)

#15 Vixus

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 01:41 PM

Damn, I'm worried about Physics now :X

#16 Gavers

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 01:47 PM

I thought the Physics exam had already been? Why you worrying about it? huh.gif

#17 Vixus

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 01:57 PM

I know for a fact I did a question wrong.

#18 Gavers

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 02:27 PM

Ah right. One question, can't be too bad. In my prelim for adv tech studies I somehow managed to completely miss out a 10 mark question (which could have easily done) and still managed to get either the highest or second highest mark in the class, and an A.

So, getting one question wrong can't be bad, at least you'll get marks for working... Unlike me... rolleyes.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users