Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Hypermedia - HSN forum

Hypermedia

10 replies to this topic

#1 burno483

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 10:09 AM

Hey, really struggling with hypermedia revision. What do you really need to know. My teacher left before we were taught it. Pannicking! Someone HELP!

Please........ sad.gif

#2 Gavers

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 10:14 AM

I've got a 60 slide presentation somewhere about the Dexter and Hypertext models, I'll try and find it then figure out how to put it up as an attatchement on here for you.

Btw, count yourself lucky you only have to read this - we were made to sit and copy the whole stupid thing out... Because... We learn better that way huh.gif

#3 burno483

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 10:17 AM

That would be brilliant, cheers a lot. Can u do it ASAP, thanks. pm me if you want my email address to send it to, Thanks.

#4 Gavers

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 10:32 AM

Okay, our useless teacher didn't put that on the disc for us. Wot a plonker sad.gif

Sorry!

I've got a couple of pdf documents, one all about the dexter and amsterdam models which could be quite handy, but you might already have it, and one which you may already have, but if you don't then I have no idea how to get to you coz its 10Mb huh.gif

#5 *Suz*

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 10:51 AM

Basically for the dexter model you need to know and describe:

1) Run time layer
how it uses presentation specifications etc

2)Storage Layer
Resolver function, accessor function. Describe atomic & composite components

3) Within component layer
Content and internal structure of components

Amsterdam Model

In relation to dexter, it provides support for:

1)Time based media
Fine & course grained synchronisation

2) Link context
When you click a link some parts for the hypertext will change but others will not, eg, will background music go back to the start?

3)High level presentation attributes
Attributes defined for the whole presentation rather than individual items, can be determined by:

*The user - Volume level
*The data - Mono soundtrack can't be played in stereo
*The hardware - Monitor resolution (these are just all examples)

For the World Wide Web model you need to know:
*Client pull, server push etc
*HTML
*Parts of a URL: Protocol, host, port, nodename, anchor
* Benefits and drawbacks to the web

In addition, you also have to know general things about hypermedia, eg, 1st, 2nd & 3rd generation systems and give examples. You need to know about virtual reality, e-commerce etc also

If ive made any mistakes then feel free to correct me!

You'll never bring me down, cos' i'm so far above you...

#6 burno483

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 11:18 AM

Thanks.

#7 madness05

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:readin and studyin hard!!

Posted 25 May 2005 - 01:09 PM

thanx for that that'll help me loadz!!!

xx

#8 Peter

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:Sports, computers, GIRLS !!!<br /><br />I like doing drama, i want to be a stage manager for a big company

Posted 25 May 2005 - 01:19 PM

I never did hypr media i did expert systems supposed to be easeir and the best one to do (or so my teacher said)
P.E.T.E.R

#9 Gavers

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 01:45 PM

I think they all say that regardless of what unit your doing - mine said that about Hypermedia, lol w00t.gif

Cheers for that suz, helps me as well smile.gif

#10 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 25 May 2005 - 05:16 PM

Check out the hypermedia links in the stickied thread.

http://www.hsn.uk.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1129

#11 burno483

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:40 AM

Thanks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users