Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Do you have to go to other schools for AH subjects - HSN forum - Page 2

Do you have to go to other schools for AH subjects

25 replies to this topic

#21 8139222013

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 04:08 PM

Instead of traveling, couldn't they send notes for you, or you could go to Scholar. And travel to the school when you had a test/prelim or perhaps for the coursework?

#22 Mr T

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE(Yurimaru @ May 31 2005, 02:41 PM)
My school only does AH Maths, physics and chemistry (this year anyway).  I want to take AH English and Geography.  For geography I have to go to another school and for English I will have to do that outwith class times.  Fortunately my English teacher this year has agreed to teach me in her spare time.  Nice isn't she!

View Post

I was talking to my biology teacher about advanced higher biology and he said that wen the course was available to do at my school, he taught his class for 2 or so periods, but for the other 4 periods in the week, the class had to learn the course work on their own, without the teacher.

#23 wikked-dfc

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 09:56 PM

I have to go to another School for AH Computing, another school which is 2 bus journeys away, thankfully though I should be driving after the holidays

#24 AppleCore

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • Interests:Photography but first has to be Mountain Biking!

Posted 06 June 2005 - 10:28 PM

in our school, as long as there are 8 ppl willing to take ADVH in a subject, the course runs... and yeah, if we dont have "qualified" teachers to teach ADV H then yeah, we do go to other schools.

#25 coolncleo

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:HAVING FUN

Posted 07 June 2005 - 02:04 PM

We do AH in most subjects i think, as long as you make double sure witht he teacher before putting it down on your choice sheet, and aslong as there is at least 2 people wanting to do it and enough teachers to teach it its fine!

#26 krazykooki

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 07:50 PM

at my school they run AHs in maths, applied maths, english, biology, chemistry, physics, computin, french,art, geography jus about every year assumin theres a class an theyll consider doin most other subjects they teach at higher at AH if they can get a class
this year anyone doin AH bus man have to go to anotha school but every other AH ppl want is runnin (except history jus remebered that one)
i feel really lucky my school is very flexible

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users