Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Summer work - HSN forum - Page 3

Summer work

500 replies to this topic

#41 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm in second year at Glasgow Yewnee studying Biology Type Things... haven't decided on my actual degree subject yet... someone wanna choose for me??

Posted 02 June 2005 - 03:31 PM

I might have an interview tomorrow! Anyone any tips of what to say or what to wear? I'm really nervous!
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.

#42 Kevin_Kilbane

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 03:55 PM

Where is?

If its a shop - go casual.

What to say. I prepare a list of questions and answers and practice them infront of the mirror.

Questions:
- Tell Me About yourself
- When have you worked in teams
- What do you know about the company
- Why do you want to work here
- What do you think of the layout of the shop
- Sell me this product

Just smile and laugh and you'll be fine.

#43 AppleCore

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • Interests:Photography but first has to be Mountain Biking!

Posted 02 June 2005 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE(Kevin_Kilbane @ Jun 2 2005, 04:55 PM)
Where is?

If its a shop - go casual.

What to say.  I prepare a list of questions and answers and practice them infront of the mirror.

Questions:
- Tell Me About yourself
- What do you know about the company
- Sell me this product

Just smile and laugh and you'll be fine.

View Post

-Tell Me About yourself
what u see is what u get!

i was once team leader for basket ball??

cos i cant work anywhere else

looks better than my house!

- Sell me this product
buy this product... or u could say.. SOLD!!

now thats deffo going to get u the job LOL!

#44 LCaesar

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Playing guitar, watching Scrubs, and making little shapes out of bluetac (I made a Rolling Stones style mouth the other day...it was cool at the time!). <br />I've been obsessed with Green Day for ages, you can't have too much of a good thing.

Posted 02 June 2005 - 07:03 PM

I work with my dad in the summer at his salmon fishing station, and I love it biggrin.gif even though I have to dunt the little fishies on the head with a stick, and pull these really greasy ropes. I always get jellyfish sting in my eyes too, it is hell if I ever wanted to interrogate someone I would hold a fat jellyfish on their face. They might just die, actually, it's that bad. But apart from that it's great, fish feel really cool. I suppose it's a bit of a man job, but I don't care smile.gif
Don't talk. Mime is money.IPB Image

#45 D_n_y

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Interests:erm just the usual mince...

Posted 02 June 2005 - 08:09 PM

WOW!!! I like this job.
Festival Staff Required! biggrin.gif

Get paid 2 sell stuff at one of the big music festivals. That would b amazin cool.gif
msn: I_dont_want_ur_junk@hotmail.com
MDunn

#46 coolncleo

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:HAVING FUN

Posted 03 June 2005 - 09:45 AM

am waiting to hear from the council... sent them an email and they sent me one bac sayin that my details are available to all offices and they wil get in contact when they need me... well theyr buggered if its in August like, but late!!!

#47 AmAnDa

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Interests:Gymnastics, watching TV, listening to music, shopping

Posted 03 June 2005 - 10:03 AM

I am going job hunting today for the first time ever, is there anything specific I should where/do/say??

user posted image
(`'.(`'. .').')
x..*...x....Amanda loves Craig....x...*..x
(.'(.' `'.)`'.)

#48 DazzM

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:WWE/Wrestling, MSN, PS2, Xbox, DVDs, havin fun with my mates, Reading, the usual malarky

Posted 03 June 2005 - 10:17 AM

I work in Morrisons, i do anything relating to front end, i can do quasi-supervising, kiosk, checkouts (Which is the only bit i hate), Customer Service desk, Trolleys and even petrol station.. So i basically go where they need me..

I'm getting a bit fed up though, and thinking of getting a different job over summer, I had a letter from IKEA saying my application has passed the initial sifting process, and i will be cotnacted soon with the next stage...
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image

#49 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE(DazzM @ Jun 3 2005, 11:17 AM)
I work in Morrisons, i do anything relating to front end, i can do quasi-supervising, kiosk, checkouts (Which is the only bit i hate), Customer Service desk, Trolleys and even petrol station.. So i basically go where they need me..

I'm getting a bit fed up though, and thinking of getting a different job over summer, I had a letter from IKEA saying my application has passed the initial sifting process, and i will be cotnacted soon with the next stage...

View Post

i swear you change your mind about that job more often than the weather!!
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#50 *Suz*

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 04:25 PM

I work in Birthdays on a saturday and they've given me more hours to do over the summer, which is good. I think im only gonna do about 20 hours a week, which is all im looking for really because i wanna have as many days off before uni as possible! The boss and other staff are soooo sooooo nice. Seriously, they're the nicest people to work for ever! Today, for example, i was working 12-5, got a half hour break at 2.30 and let away at 4....they're brilliant! biggrin.gif
You'll never bring me down, cos' i'm so far above you...

#51 *Suz*

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 04:30 PM

View Post

Come work in b-days with meeeeee! You seemed to make a good impression yesterday when you were speaking to anne!
You'll never bring me down, cos' i'm so far above you...

#52 DazzM

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:WWE/Wrestling, MSN, PS2, Xbox, DVDs, havin fun with my mates, Reading, the usual malarky

Posted 03 June 2005 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE(broughy @ Jun 3 2005, 02:17 PM)

View Post

View Post

AHL STAB YOU!

Nah,kidding. you are mocking my indeciviness in relation to employment:( sad.gif booo!

And Suz, I'd love to!
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image

#53 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE(DazzM @ Jun 3 2005, 10:58 PM)
QUOTE(broughy @ Jun 3 2005, 02:17 PM)

View Post

View Post

AHL STAB YOU!

Nah,kidding. you are mocking my indeciviness in relation to employment:( sad.gif booo!

And Suz, I'd love to!

View Post

moi? never! nah, i totally get where you're coming from - working in safeway sucks royally, so i feel your pain, lol.

but a few weeks ago you were luvvin work, lol
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#54 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 05:32 PM

I've worked two shifts in the Bear Factory and I'm bored of it already.

Thank God I have an interview for Warehouse on Monday!

#55 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 04 June 2005 - 09:25 PM

how u find it so difficult to get a job

I still havent even had an interview yet

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#56 superstar

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Jun 4 2005, 06:32 PM)
I've worked two shifts in the Bear Factory and I'm bored of it already.

Thank God I have an interview for Warehouse on Monday!

View Post

OMG tht is really like my my work is soo boring! I just basically do the same thing everytime i go in! Which is serve on the till or put stock on the shelves!! ...thrilling i know! blink.gif

#57 gary

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 10:34 PM

I hate my job dull brings a new meaning with this job.

#58 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 05 June 2005 - 09:10 AM

I've got an interview(my first EVER!!!) with Greggs this tuesday... at 8:40. a bit early for me!

I suppose i'm quite nervous but i'll jsut ask my friend who works there what sort of thing they ask which should help a wee bit!

I dont think i'm exactly what most people will be looking for. I only want to work mon-fri until the end of august. But i did make it clear in my application form that uni went back in september. oh who knows.

fingers crossed

user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#59 AmAnDa

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Interests:Gymnastics, watching TV, listening to music, shopping

Posted 05 June 2005 - 09:14 AM

Well Done in getting an Interveiw.
I've filled in 3 application forms, just need to get 2 referees and then I'll hand them back in! biggrin.gif

user posted image
(`'.(`'. .').')
x..*...x....Amanda loves Craig....x...*..x
(.'(.' `'.)`'.)

#60 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 05 June 2005 - 09:50 AM

thanks smile.gif

are you not sure who to put as your referees? Mines were my guide leader, my sorta boss at capability scotland and the assitant head teacher at school.
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users