Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Higher Physics 2005 Discussion - HSN forum

Higher Physics 2005 Discussion

186 replies to this topic

#1 milnedaniel

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 06:26 PM

Discuss your answers to this years paper here tomorrow after its over and done with...

Is everyone feeling ready?

Im not really sad.gif

#2 bubble

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Listen the music,<br />Reading

Posted 23 May 2005 - 06:37 PM

sad.gif I am not as well..........
gosh.............

#3 FcukWIT

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 08:23 PM

Do you think there will be anyting about mosfet's?

#4 Phoenix

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 08:36 PM

I doubt there will be, through all the past papers i've done there's only been 2 questions on them, one was asking you to describe the parts of it (simply name them), the other was asking you what it was, the answer being a MOSFET.

There's not very much they can ask you on it, so i wouldn't worry too much about it...I'm more worried about being asked to draw a graph on a chargin/discharging capacitor, i know what it is that i want to draw, but the outcome on paper is always entirely different huh.gif

The only other problem area of mine is op-amps (i must have been sleeping for a couple of weeks in December - i blame Christmas) but i've got a good revision schedule on those planned for tomorrow, and it's basically just remembering a couple of explanations smile.gif

#5 Apple

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Apples!<br />Highland Dancing<br />Shoppin with my m8's

Posted 23 May 2005 - 08:37 PM

not at all, but its too late now..... sad.gif

#6 Phoenix

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 08:39 PM

Ooooo, anyone got a good technique for remembering graphs by any chance? I tried memorising a few of the shapes but is there an easier way?

#7 Pooch

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Interests:Flying

Posted 23 May 2005 - 08:55 PM

Graphs of what?

#8 Phoenix

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 09:06 PM

Eh, pretty much anything, haha nevermind, it's a silly question..i just have difficult remembering all the Capacitor charging, Intensity v 1/d(squared), E.m.f, etc. graphs, but i suppose there's now way round it

#9 FcukWIT

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 09:09 PM

Still got a lot of time. If you wake up early 2morrow u will have a couple of hours to go through stuff...

#10 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 23 May 2005 - 10:13 PM

good luck peoples! i was a wreck before physics last year. i made some really stupid mistakes like saying the accelleration of the train was -9.8 *sigh*

make sure you know all your formula!
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#11 DecadentParadise

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Dream Theater .. not that any of you will have heard of them.... :(

Posted 24 May 2005 - 08:22 AM

Most of the Physics graphs relate to the equations you know.. so, realistically, you don't have to learn the graphs.. learn formulae and general points about physics and you then only ( usually ) have to rationalise what your looking at in terms of graphs specifically, but it applies to most of physics.

#12 adilxs

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 10:10 AM

not long to go now, less than 2 hours..............im soooooooo scared

#13 adilxs

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 10:53 AM

1 hour left exactly aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

#14 Ian

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 11:17 AM

unsure.gif

#15 burno483

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 03:04 PM

Well just got in from the exam. Didn't think it was too difficult but thought there wasn't much in it about unit 3, the one i am good at. Should get a B, maybe... hopefully!!! Would be interested in seeing someone's Multiple choice answers as i have mine written down and would like to compare how i did!

#16 KhalidBoussouara

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Interests:Hey this is weird cause I've not been here in ages. Been busy with uni and all that. Currently in second year of uni studying medicine. But you probably already knew that anyways.

Posted 24 May 2005 - 03:06 PM

That was a fairly straight forward exam (although I was stuck at about 4 marks worth of questions which I couldn't answer) but it was quite challenging and made me think a lot.

I'm confident of an A but I can't say that with the same confidence as I had about the maths test.
MSN: khalid@boussouara.co.uk

#17 Floorball Maniac

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 03:09 PM

I did not enjoy that paper. I found there were a lot of the things I had hoped would come up. Well I gave it my best shot and who knows. I dint feel I did that badly just found it rather hard.

#18 Floorball Maniac

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 03:10 PM

If anyone has any answers then please post them!

#19 david__taylor

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 03:12 PM

Multiple choice was easy but I ****** up the other questions. I HATE KELVIN.

#20 gary

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 03:12 PM

I hated that very hard it was clearly not straight forward.

What answers did people get to the multiple choice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users