Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Driving Lessons - HSN forum

Driving Lessons

157 replies to this topic

#1 vikki1987

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 05:20 PM

Hi there just wanted some advice on driving lessons. I'm doing mine just now but everytime before my lesson i get really worried. What can I do to help this. Also I don't think I will ever pass my test. It's not that I can't manage it or than my instructor isn't good its just that i feel i will never pass. Help!!

#2 Chünz

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE(vikki1987 @ May 23 2005, 05:20 PM)
Hi there just wanted some advice on driving lessons.  I'm doing mine just now but everytime before my lesson i get really worried.  What can I do to help this. Also I don't think I will ever pass my test.  It's not that I can't manage it or than my instructor isn't good its just that i feel i will never pass.  Help!!

View Post

Well I've still a while before I can get lessons, but my main advice would be not to panic. It's like an exam - if you fail, you can just resit it. Anyway, it's natural to feel that way but I'm sure you'll do great! biggrin.gif There are loads of people in my school getting lessons and they all get nervous too.

I envy you, I wish I could put my "pedal to the metal." tongue.gif laugh.gif

#3 *Suz*

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 05:27 PM

Dont worry, ive been like that too! Ive had lessons since last summer and ive failed my test once so far. I got a car for my birthday tho so that's an incentive to pass next time round! biggrin.gif
You'll never bring me down, cos' i'm so far above you...

#4 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 05:36 PM

one of my mates from uni failed 4 times before she passed - all within about 2 months of each other! so look on the bright side - most people won't sit their test that many times before passing!

& yes, i've been in a car with this friend, & yes i did live to tell the tale!
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#5 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 23 May 2005 - 05:56 PM

suz! you got a car...lucky...

Why do you get worried before a lesson i used to love my lessons my instructor was cool and i liked to drive the car

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#6 tupacshakur

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 06:02 PM

i passed last year. 1st time with only 3minors. Its great, all the freedom in the world!
user posted image

WWE RAW IS WAR

#7 JiLL

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 06:11 PM

i have not started yet but i am really excited about it!

only 2 months to go!

smile.gif
beast

#8 *Suz*

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE(Dave @ May 23 2005, 06:56 PM)
suz! you got a car...lucky...

View Post

Yea, and a bloody brilliant car at that! I always thought my first car would be a complete banger, the parentals ended up getting me a fabby wee red corsa tho...it's bootyful! tongue.gif
You'll never bring me down, cos' i'm so far above you...

#9 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 07:19 PM

I've had about 30 lessons. I turned 17 last May.

They say it takes an average of 40 lessons to pass your test.

Just remember - kids walk at different ages. Driving is no different.

A very wise woman once told me that the smarter you are, the harder you find driving. So there.

I still get all weird before my lessons, because I think that I should be able to drive by now. But I can't. And I get worried about mucking things up. I'm a perfectionist, what can I say?

#10 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 23 May 2005 - 07:24 PM

I'm a perfectionist too. sad.gif
I've failed my test twice, once on January 15th and once on February 5th. I've not had any lessons since then. I intend to get some more this Summer though and then hopefully pass my test third time lucky...
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#11 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 07:25 PM

I got driving lessons from my parents as part of my 18th. I've had 4 so far, (two, 2 hour lessons) and I don't think I could ever get good at it! Just seems so hard!

#12 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 09:22 PM

Ahhhh! I'm not getting any help with driving at all from my parent. Lessons will have to be paid for from money earned by me from the job I dont have. They will buy me on lesson for my 18th but thats it. Car... I'm not going to get a car for years!!! I can't afford going out... I need a job.
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#13 superstar

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 11:16 AM

QUOTE(Shaun @ May 23 2005, 08:25 PM)
I got driving lessons from my parents as part of my 18th.  I've had 4 so far, (two, 2 hour lessons) and I don't think I could ever get good at it!  Just seems so hard!

View Post

Yeah i would have no hesitation in saying that it was one of the hardest things i have ever dun! I was soo bad it was quite unbelievable! tongue.gif I normally "learn" and practise things to get better at them but driving is soo different!
But dont worry i drive now and dont think anything of it, it will cum wen u get used to it! smile.gif

#14 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 11:54 AM

Don't worry about the not getting a car thing. I remember going in a total strop a few months ago because my parents wouldn't buy me a car. :X I have no idea why I thought they should, because they never bought my older brother a car.

I can be such a brat at times.

And I don't get any practice other than my lessons. My dad tried taking me out in the car once, but it ended with, "YOU bloody drive if you know everything!" and me getting out of the car and walking home.

#15 D_n_y

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Interests:erm just the usual mince...

Posted 24 May 2005 - 04:51 PM

lol

I've had 20 lessons so far and have got four more booked for before my test which is on the 6th of June.

I find that if you don't think about it too much then you don't make as many mistakes........then again I almost forgot about an unmarked juction in a back st last week an my instructer slammed the brakes......lol

normally it's just the odd stall tho
msn: I_dont_want_ur_junk@hotmail.com
MDunn

#16 coca

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • Interests:Programming and gaming<br /><br />http://coca-123.bebo.com

Posted 24 May 2005 - 05:02 PM

My weak spot is doing the safety checks!
<MrBob> I hate Uni. At least in film studies we get to talk about Fight Club.
<@X-Factor> Wouldnt you be breaking the first 2 rules?

#17 D_n_y

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Interests:erm just the usual mince...

Posted 24 May 2005 - 05:05 PM

my driving instructer hasn't really said anything about safety check yet

msn: I_dont_want_ur_junk@hotmail.com
MDunn

#18 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 05:13 PM

Bahahaha! My lovely instructor said, "90% of me says you should book your test, but 10% of me says no."

I told her, "Oh good, I don't feel at all ready."

We have an understanding, me and Christine.

#19 coolncleo

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:HAVING FUN

Posted 24 May 2005 - 05:47 PM

I love driving... i have had a total of 9 lessons and am gonna be doing my test soon!!!

some people just take to driving like a duck does to water and others..... like a rabbit to water!!

#20 superstar

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 09:54 PM

9 lessons and you are gona book your test!!!!! You must be good! I couldnt even do reverse round a corner after 30 lessons and probably hadnt dun many manouvers by 9 lessons!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users