Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Confident? - HSN forum - Page 2

Confident?

38 replies to this topic

#21 Frannyanny

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE(pseudotoxic @ May 24 2005, 07:43 PM)
Haven't started studying yet.  Hoping for an A.

View Post

lol! I started studying yesterday...no wait the day before, ive done about 2 hours so far...today will probably be about 12 hours of studying, and hey the exam starts at 1, so I'll get up at 6.30 tomorrow and study until 12.30! Well thats the plan anyway. It's gotten to the stage where I have no energy left to care about this subject. My coursework is strong so even if I do badly tomorrow (which is very unlikely of course...ahem) then I think I'll still have a C! Whoop!

So, any 5th years resitting Info Systems next year to do the new, exciting course!???

#22 Gavers

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 09:56 AM

QUOTE(Frannyanny @ May 25 2005, 08:57 AM)
QUOTE(pseudotoxic @ May 24 2005, 07:43 PM)
Haven't started studying yet.  Hoping for an A.

View Post

lol! I started studying yesterday...no wait the day before, ive done about 2 hours so far...today will probably be about 12 hours of studying, and hey the exam starts at 1, so I'll get up at 6.30 tomorrow and study until 12.30! Well thats the plan anyway. It's gotten to the stage where I have no energy left to care about this subject. My coursework is strong so even if I do badly tomorrow (which is very unlikely of course...ahem) then I think I'll still have a C! Whoop!

So, any 5th years resitting Info Systems next year to do the new, exciting course!???

View Post

Even if I was staying on next year, and failed this subject outright, I still would not do it again. I hated it. We had a laugh, but the subject material was mince, and I just can't see the point in learning it all again.

Mind you, can't see the point of learning it in the first place, but hey-ho rolleyes.gif wink.gif biggrin.gif

As for studying - I'm doing about an hour today, and most of the rest of the day spent on Chemistry and Techy Studies, I actually need to revise for them. Well... Chemistry at least wink.gif

Oh yeah - for the coursework, what happens if you get an odd mark for the coursework, and they divide it by 2? Do they round it up or down to the nearest mark? (Example - you get 57/60 for your coursework - to get it to 30 divide 57 by 2 = 28.5 Does this then turn into 29/30 for your coursework, or is it 28/30?) I know I'm being pedantic, but one mark could make all the difference...

#23 Jonny-Sensei

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Music, Skateboards, Guitar/Bass, Ice Hockey, Drinking, Darts, Poker, Pool and of course SLEEPING!!!<br /><br />Currently about to take a gap year before reapplying for Medicine. Hoping to study at Aberdeen University :D

Posted 25 May 2005 - 11:55 AM

I think it rounds down to 28/30. My teacher said they can't award half marks in Info Systems.
Roll on ze gap year !!

#24 Gavers

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 12:03 PM

Bah. Mince sad.gif

Auch well, just gotta do amazing in the exam then wink.gif

#25 Peter

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:Sports, computers, GIRLS !!!<br /><br />I like doing drama, i want to be a stage manager for a big company

Posted 25 May 2005 - 12:20 PM

Do you do higher information Systems, if so can you help me with the Information Organisation Part (expecially strategic, tactical, operational, and how to answer those types of questions as i get muddled up sometimes)
P.E.T.E.R

#26 Jonny-Sensei

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Music, Skateboards, Guitar/Bass, Ice Hockey, Drinking, Darts, Poker, Pool and of course SLEEPING!!!<br /><br />Currently about to take a gap year before reapplying for Medicine. Hoping to study at Aberdeen University :D

Posted 25 May 2005 - 12:58 PM

Strategic - Used by upper management, for long term, from external sources.

Tactical - Used by middle management, mid-term, external and internal sources.

Operational - Used by lower management, short term, internal sources.

I may have missed something out, but basically Strategic is the highest, Tactical is the middle and Operational is the lowest.
Roll on ze gap year !!

#27 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 03:25 PM

I so havent prepared. I got 66% in my prelim (46 marks) and 90% in coursework(27 marks)- that makes 73%. Yet I can't appeal for an A.
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#28 Gavers

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 03:29 PM

HOW CAN YOU NOT APPEAL FOR AN A? 73% normally is an A aint it?

#29 Frannyanny

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 03:33 PM

isnt it funny how we're all talking about how little we've studied yet we're all on the internet and no doubt Msn as well....ahh....

and Gavers...love the change in signature - yas, looking good! MP all the way!

#30 Gavers

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 03:34 PM

Lol, actually, I aint on MSN, havent been on alll day biggrin.gif

But then again, I have been revising techy and chemistry today, instead of info sys, so way!

I'm gona get an A anyways!!!! (always optimistic me wink.gif )

Teehee, cheers muchly! biggrin.gif

Was hoping the background would be transparent, but it didn't quite work, and I still don't know how to do animatios for an avvie! sad.gif

#31 Frannyanny

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 03:38 PM

I have no idea how to do anything like that so sig looks great to me! Ooh can u send me that prelim you were on about in the other thread...I'll get round to it maybe later today...Im just so lucky its my last exam, otherwise I really wouldnt be studying for it, didnt start til after history, which is obviously more important!

#32 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 03:45 PM

Thanx Gavers man. I better go try it now.
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#33 Gavers

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 04:44 PM

Sure, no problem, just PM me your email address so I can actually send it to ya, coz I have no idea how to do it on here, hehe.
Btw, my sig was done using the GIMP, a freebie photo editing thing like photoshop (but cheaper biggrin.gif ). I could have done it in paint, but wanted to save it as a .gif so I could use it as a siggy, and I don't like paint wink.gif
Was basically finding the piccys online, putting them on a blank sheet o paper, moving them around and re-sizing them slightly, then sticking the text on, and hey presto! Siggy! w00t.gif

good luck discogirl lol!

#34 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 25 May 2005 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE(Gavers @ May 25 2005, 10:56 AM)

Oh yeah - for the coursework, what happens if you get an odd mark for the coursework, and they divide it by 2? Do they round it up or down to the nearest mark? (Example - you get 57/60 for your coursework - to get it to 30 divide 57 by 2 = 28.5  Does this then turn into 29/30 for your coursework, or is it 28/30?) I know I'm being pedantic, but one mark could make all the difference...

View Post

It gets rounded up. I think that happened to me last year.

#35 Gavers

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 05:38 PM

Great, thats good biggrin.gif
Cheers muchly

#36 30111987

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 06:19 PM

noing the sqa they'll stick a stinker in this year cos its the last year of this higher (its changing format next year)

still I *should* get an A

#37 Scott_Cameron

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Lesse now...<br /><br />I have an *obsession* over A/V hardware and Tails. Yes, that guy from the Sonic the Hedgehog games. XD I'm also very much into Computing hardware of any kind. ^^ I've been a gamer ever since I got that NES when I was 3 and a half years old, and I'm quite into Art and Anime. ^^

Posted 25 May 2005 - 07:36 PM

I've been studying the Normalisation process all day, personally. It's definately my weakest point ... I got 2/10 for that section in the prelim. ^^;

However, I still got an A ( 75% ) in the prelim, and I got 29/30 for my coursework, so I'm hoping for the best tommorow. ( Technically, I got 98% for my coursework, which is 29.4, rounded down to 29. )

Good luck everyone! smile.gif

#38 stevon

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 08:19 PM

Anyone got a simple, simple guide to normalisation and the whole entity relationship? I need a good mark tomorrow to pass, but I've not done any revision, I'll look over some stuff tomorrow and probably do a little but tonight.

#39 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 25 May 2005 - 08:23 PM

Check out the notes on this site. smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users