Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Confident? - HSN forum

Confident?

38 replies to this topic

#1 *Suz*

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 04:41 PM

Well the exam's only 3 days away, how's everyone coping with the revision? For me, info systems is the most mind numbingly boring subjects to study for....well thats in my opinion anyway! I got this years prize for it tho, which is meant to act as an incentive to do well but i just cant seem to get the motivation to study for it, ah wells!

I still feel prepared though, the hypermedia unit has always been my strong point and the rest is basic general knowledge.

How's everyone elses feelings on the exam?
You'll never bring me down, cos' i'm so far above you...

#2 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 09:13 PM

I feel rubbish about exams in general. I got an endeavour and an award for 8 1s in S4 then didnt get anything last year as I got AAAAB instead of 5 As. I just dont have the motivation anymore.
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#3 stevon

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 02:45 PM

I agree with Information Systems being really, really boring to study for. Going to do something today and tomorrow then hope for the best. A lot of it is just general knowledge and common sense, need to look over a lot of the database stuff though, re-learn all about entity relationship diagrams and crap like that.

I've not done particularly well in the coursework, so I cant really expect anymore than a C overall, with a good mark in the exam... Although to be honest, the end of the course is enough reward really, our teacher hasn't taught us since maybe November, so I'm not all that bothered if I fail, although I'm able to get an A in the actual exam, plus whatever marks I picked up on the assessments (got 10/30 for the database assessment, and assuming the expert system one is out of 30 as well, maybe got 15-20/30)

That gives me about 25-30/60, which means I'm not all that far away from a C as it is, so I should be on for a pass.

#4 j_ho_88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 02:47 PM

info systems is well boring likes! i find jus readin over notes and looking at past papers is da best way to revise for this boring subject! what did use all get in the prelims?????

#5 stevon

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE(j_ho_88 @ May 24 2005, 02:47 PM)
info systems is well boring likes! i find jus readin over notes and looking at past papers is da best way to revise for this boring subject! what did use all get in the prelims?????

View Post

I got an A for the actual exam, but again, the coursework brought any chance of a decent mark down sad.gif

#6 j_ho_88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 03:33 PM

What did u get in the coursework mate?? is da course work out of 30 and da final exam out of 70??????

#7 lorna_04

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 03:36 PM

yeah its something stupid like the courseworks out of 60 then its divided to give u a mark out of 30 which is then added to your exam mark which is out of 70

#8 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 03:37 PM

I do Int 2. Information Systems and it's really easy! (Well at least, I think so!). I'm looking forward to the exam!

#9 j_ho_88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 03:37 PM

do u fink it will be half marks for a C????

#10 Gavers

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 03:57 PM

I've got to the stage of not realy caring about it any more. Too boring, and after spending all day revising for it, just... uuuuuuuuggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh.........

#11 stevon

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE(Gavers @ May 24 2005, 03:57 PM)
I've got to the stage of not realy caring about it any more. Too boring, and after spending all day revising for it, just... uuuuuuuuggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh.........

View Post

I think thats the stage of myself also. Except, didn't spend all day revising for it smile.gif

So the coursework only counts for 30? So basically, the two parts of coursework are just halfed, then added on to your final result in the exam?

I really, really hope that is the case, would mean I've got something like 10-15/30, plus probably something very decent in the exam, could probably end up with a B, which would be really, really funny, also very useful to me smile.gif

#12 *Suz*

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 05:44 PM

I got 26/30 for my coursework which i was very pleased about biggrin.gif I got a B for the prelim (Which was extremely hard compared to some of the pass papers) so im hoping for the same grade in august, although id still be thrilled with a C

#13 stevon

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 05:57 PM

26/30 for your coursework is amazing! You would be hard pushed not to get a B for the exam then. You'll only need to score like 34/70 for it!

Does anyone know that it deffinately works in a /30 for the entire coursework? If so, I am very, very relieved.

#14 Gavers

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 06:01 PM

Erm... The coursework counts for something? ermm.gif

Before now I thought they were just pass or fail things, like NABs, and I don't remember our teacher ever telling us anything different. STUPID STUPID STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad.gif glare.gif

#15 stevon

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE(Gavers @ May 24 2005, 06:01 PM)
Erm... The coursework counts for something? ermm.gif

Before now I thought they were just pass or fail things, like NABs, and I don't remember our teacher ever telling us anything different. STUPID STUPID STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  mad.gif  glare.gif

View Post

Yup, they deffinately count for something. The more I think about it, the more I think its 30%. Which isn't so bad.

Each of the courseworks are out of 30, so I presume the marks are just halfed. I got 10/30 for the Info Org coursework, meaning I have 5/15, which considering I only did the written part of the whole thing isnt bad at all... and I think I got around 18/30 for the ES coursework, I'll go in and check tomorrow - So thats around 9/15. So in total I have just under half marks, which means I know I can pass tomorrow, considering my strong prelim and general knowledge that I should be able to achieve at least 45/70 tomorrow. That would leave me with something like a B, depending on what the pass mark is like for the exam. Although if I got a C, I'd be happy with that as well.

#16 Chris13312

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 07:34 PM

QUOTE(*Suz* @ May 23 2005, 04:41 PM)
Well the exam's only 3 days away, how's everyone coping with the revision? For me, info systems is the most mind numbingly boring subjects to study for....well thats in my opinion anyway! I got this years prize for it tho, which is meant to act as an incentive to do well but i just cant seem to get the motivation to study for it, ah wells!

I still feel prepared though, the hypermedia unit has always been my strong point and the rest is basic general knowledge.

How's everyone elses feelings on the exam?

View Post

I really dont feel good about Info systems i failed the estimates but i have had two A's in past papers since because i have been workin so dam hard!!! But i still aint too sure! i should be ok though although my mum and dad would tell u otherwise

#17 coca

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • Interests:Programming and gaming<br /><br />http://coca-123.bebo.com

Posted 24 May 2005 - 07:43 PM

Haven't started studying yet. Hoping for an A.
<MrBob> I hate Uni. At least in film studies we get to talk about Fight Club.
<@X-Factor> Wouldnt you be breaking the first 2 rules?

#18 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 24 May 2005 - 09:01 PM

Yeah coursework is out of 30. If your project had 60 marks in it, then they scale that down to 30 and add the mark you get it in to the mark you get in the exam, which is out of 70.

#19 *Suz*

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE(stevon @ May 24 2005, 06:57 PM)
26/30 for your coursework is amazing!  You would be hard pushed not to get a B for the exam then.  You'll only need to score like 34/70 for it!

View Post

ooooh 34 seems like a realistic target to achieve, im a bit more optomistc now!

#20 burno483

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 08:04 AM

I'm starting my studying today, will have to see how it goes after that thought because i have been bogged down with studying for other subjects. I HATE exams!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users