Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
not find it scary you are going into 6th yeaR? - HSN forum - Page 2

not find it scary you are going into 6th yeaR?

46 replies to this topic

#21 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm in second year at Glasgow Yewnee studying Biology Type Things... haven't decided on my actual degree subject yet... someone wanna choose for me??

Posted 22 May 2005 - 11:31 AM

The librarians in my school hate everyone. They seem to think that borrowing a book is a crime which stopped a lot of people going there to study and get away from it all.
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.

#22 superstar

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE(Lindsay @ May 21 2005, 07:33 PM)
Bitching goes into overdrive - I think it's because no one has anything better to do with their time, haha! 

And Jill - sloganizer's great, innit?  Hahaha...  I had "Jesus loves Lindsay" the other day.  I nearly died laughing.

Think I need to get out more.

View Post

Yeah totally! Its just so boring it really drove me mad! All the teachers as well forget that you are 18 and not 8! Its was the way the teachers treated us that really annoyed me!

...yeah sloganizer is pretty funny!

#23 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 22 May 2005 - 02:13 PM

Sixth year also makes you fat.

Lots of free time + vending machines filled with tasty junk food = oink oink.

@

#24 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE(xpurple_starsx @ May 22 2005, 10:07 AM)
Watch out for Common Room Syndrome though. It's what makes S6 so bad. You're in the common room and the music will annoy you. Therefore you can't study because of the music so then you start doing rubbish in your classes. Then you wonder, why the hell am I here doing these pointless things? Then you get moody and start to bitch about... everything. All because you're in a room with the same people everyday they all get on your nerves like never before. Before you'd see them in the odd class and that would be it but now they're there ALL THE TIME. That's when the backstabbing and falling out really begins.

View Post

I totally agree with that.

#25 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 08:40 PM

Yeh we never even had a common room and that happened. I made some friends I hope I'll never lose this year too. S6 really shows you who your real friends are.
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#26 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 23 May 2005 - 08:51 PM

It ain't scary, it's a relief! Can't wait till muck-up day! rolleyes.gif
Check Out My Space! - www.myspace.com

Aberdeen University - French and International Relations - September 06'

IPB Image

#27 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 09:28 PM

Well just you wait til there is no muck up day as no-one is talking to each other. sad.gif

#28 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 23 May 2005 - 10:15 PM

6th year was a load of mince. there are only so many games of cards you can play.

you have been warned.
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#29 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE(lesley @ May 23 2005, 10:15 PM)
6th year was a load of mince. there are only so many games of cards you can play.

you have been warned.

View Post

They banned card games in my school. You were lucky.

#30 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 10:55 PM

lol, they banned them in our school aswell. at least, when i was in 6th year! by the end of the year i was actually studying in my free periods cos i was so bored i had nothing else to do!
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#31 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 24 May 2005 - 09:35 AM

6th year sucked for me. Teachers still moan at you.

Muck-up day sucked aswell. All the teachers had us sussed. sad.gif

#32 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 10:16 AM

Yeh, what he said.
Wasnt the best year and the prom was over-rated a bit.

#33 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE(Discogirl17 @ May 23 2005, 08:40 PM)
Yeh we never even had a common room and that happened. I made some friends I hope I'll never lose this year too. S6 really shows you who your real friends are.

View Post

Haha, you're lucky! I just lost all my mates. tongue.gif

#34 *star*

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE(Discogirl17 @ May 24 2005, 10:16 AM)
Yeh, what he said.
Wasnt the best year and the prom was over-rated a bit.

View Post

There was soo much bitchness in s6, it ruined the year a bit, but i did make a lot of friends tht id nvr really spoked to beofre which is good!
Still got prom to go, so looking forward to that!

#35 Larry

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE(Lindsay @ May 21 2005, 06:33 PM)
Bitching goes into overdrive - I think it's because no one has anything better to do with their time, haha! 

And Jill - sloganizer's great, innit?  Hahaha...  I had "Jesus loves Lindsay" the other day.  I nearly died laughing.

Think I need to get out more.

QUOTE(Kevin_Kilbane @ May 21 2005, 02:26 PM)
There is only so much dance music you can take before you crack.

View Post

Bahaha, we got the Libertines. Or was it Babyshambles? And ocassionaly a bit of screamo/emo/whateverthehellitis and some Flood of Red. Wow!

Much preferred it when the radio was left on.

View Post

i can´t believe you are dissing babyshambles/the libertines! i clearly would have loved your sixth year, i´m dreading my own though, we don´t even get a common room anymore, just the crappy snack bar

#36 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 02:39 PM

We didnt have a common room, we didnt even get the snack bar, we had a smelly old cafe that every year used

#37 LCaesar

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Playing guitar, watching Scrubs, and making little shapes out of bluetac (I made a Rolling Stones style mouth the other day...it was cool at the time!). <br />I've been obsessed with Green Day for ages, you can't have too much of a good thing.

Posted 28 May 2005 - 09:21 AM

We aren't going to get a common room this year because the last 6th years did all the things you've just described, which are of course "detrimental to the learning process". Man, I'm gonna miss out on so much by the sound of things dry.gif
Don't talk. Mime is money.IPB Image

#38 TheMesiter

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Interests:golf, food<br />im amazing and sexy :)

Posted 05 June 2005 - 10:28 AM

QUOTE(lanky_182 @ May 20 2005, 10:14 PM)
i sooo do!
its just like bloomin yesterday and we were just starting high school... it has flown in and now its going to be our last year!
scary scary stuff!
what do u all think??

View Post

its not high school, its senior school
were not from america here, this is scotland
User Banned.

#39 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 05 June 2005 - 10:35 AM

I have never heard anyone call it "senior school".
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#40 lipu

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 02:39 PM

It is scary that this is the last year. 2 out of the 3 subjects I'm doign next year I have to do and pass - so I wont start thinking "Why am I hear doing this rubbish".

On the study front we have a library with a librarian who is very good. If people are trying to study she throws people out who are making too much noise.

its not high school, its senior school

Actually High School is acceptable, some schools actually call themselves high Schools for example Greenfaulds High School, Cumbernauld High School. And also the 'S' does not stand for senior it is Secondary
Law and Management Student
Robert Gordon University

------
George Orwell provided us with a warning, not an Instruction Manual
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little termporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety

Without freedom to offend, freedom of expression ceases to exist

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users