The grade you expect in August

82 replies to this topic

Poll: What higher maths grade do you expect to receive in August? (70 member(s) have cast votes)

What higher maths grade do you expect to receive in August?

1. A (32 votes [45.71%])

Percentage of vote: 45.71%

2. B (19 votes [27.14%])

Percentage of vote: 27.14%

3. C (12 votes [17.14%])

Percentage of vote: 17.14%

4. D (1 votes [1.43%])

Percentage of vote: 1.43%

5. Fail (6 votes [8.57%])

Percentage of vote: 8.57%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 dfx

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 05:06 PM

Nothing, but don't hate on intellectual diversity. I'm just kiddin wink.gif

#22 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 20 May 2005 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE(gary @ May 20 2005, 06:04 PM)
Whats wrong with getting a C.

View Post

I didn't say there was.

I just find it strange that you think people who themselves think they've done well enough to get an A are arrogant.

#23 gary

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 05:10 PM

I just find it annoying when people like Kalid Bwahchahhchxh or whatever he is called comes in all arrogant there is a post somewhare.

#24 coca

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • Interests:Programming and gaming<br /><br />http://coca-123.bebo.com

Posted 20 May 2005 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE(ally @ May 20 2005, 06:08 PM)
QUOTE(gary @ May 20 2005, 06:04 PM)
Whats wrong with getting a C.

View Post

I didn't say there was.

I just find it strange that you think people who themselves think they've done well enough to get an A are arrogant.

View Post

I think he means egocentrism rather than arrogance. I believe he's talking about the people who do well, but seem to brag about it and try to make others feel stupid if they found it harder than they did.
<MrBob> I hate Uni. At least in film studies we get to talk about Fight Club.
<@X-Factor> Wouldnt you be breaking the first 2 rules?

#25 dfx

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 05:20 PM

Learn to live with it.

#26 lanky_182

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Music, gigs, shopping, parties, mates etc

Posted 20 May 2005 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE(gary @ May 20 2005, 04:56 PM)
I just think it is, it really annoys people who work so hard to achieve a pass, then people who come out saying oh that was so easy you would need to be stupid not to get an A.

View Post

i worked really hard this year... my prelim in january i just scraped a C, and my maths teacher said that i probably wouldnt pass the final exam... so i workd extra hard.. and i mean extra hard to prove him wrong...
i am going to say that yea, paper 1 wos extremely difficult, but i tried my best and answered all the questions... wether they are rong or rite thats up to the SQA to decide...
Paper 2 i thought was much easier.. and im not being arrogant when i say this... i'm saying that because i worked my backside off

i think i got a B, purely on paper 2 bringing my grade up... but POSSIBLY an A, not sure for definate, obviously, but POSSIBLY lol

hope everyone gets what they want! x

#27 dfx

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 05:37 PM

^ what a sweet touch to a bitter conversation. Go lanky! biggrin.gif

#28 tupacshakur

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE(lanky_182 @ May 20 2005, 05:22 PM)
QUOTE(gary @ May 20 2005, 04:56 PM)
I just think it is, it really annoys people who work so hard to achieve a pass, then people who come out saying oh that was so easy you would need to be stupid not to get an A.

View Post

i think i got a B, purely on paper 2 bringing my grade up...

hope everyone gets what they want! x

View Post

thats exactly what im hoping for aswell. I think i got atleast 33 in the first paper.
user posted image

WWE RAW IS WAR

#29 Equilibrium

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 07:53 PM

Me thinks i got between 98-108 out of 130 as long as the marker notices my extra paper dry.gif
If not to heaven, then hand in hand to hell!

#30 KhalidBoussouara

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Interests:Hey this is weird cause I've not been here in ages. Been busy with uni and all that. Currently in second year of uni studying medicine. But you probably already knew that anyways.

Posted 20 May 2005 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE(gary @ May 20 2005, 04:48 PM)
There is one person in particular on this board that is beginning to get on my nerves with saying maths and chemistry etc. are easy highers.

View Post

It's me isn't it? tongue.gif

I'll say no more about how I thought the exams were then.
MSN: khalid@boussouara.co.uk

#31 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:My interests

Posted 20 May 2005 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE(gary @ May 20 2005, 05:10 PM)
I just find it annoying when people like Kalid Bwahchahhchxh or whatever he is called comes in all arrogant there is a post somewhare.

View Post

Sorry man but that is just pure racism all over and prejudice over someone's surname. It is very ignorant of you to call him "Bwahchahhchxh." tongue.gif

#32 Sam-well

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Sports and Challenges

Posted 20 May 2005 - 09:08 PM

I can see the point, it does seem as though a large proportion are choosing A's, But arrogance may not be the word, Overconfidence maybe, but i guess we will all find out whether it is or it is not in a few months, so until then there aint much you can do really other than be confident, or unconfident. cool.gif

#33 Sam-well

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Sports and Challenges

Posted 20 May 2005 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE($D$2 @ May 20 2005, 11:22 AM)
i'm pretty confident I'll get an A - maybe not band 1, but an A.

View Post

Blimey, that is a well laid back attitude, i consider myself totally laid back and didnt think about my results. But when they came i did open them asap thinking the worst and i feel that is abetter attitude cos if u then go on to do as bad at least u expect it and if u do better then u feel better, but being overconfident must be crushing if u do worse than expected sad.gif

#34 dfx

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE(YIC @ May 20 2005, 09:29 PM)
QUOTE(gary @ May 20 2005, 05:10 PM)

View Post

Sorry man but that is just pure racism all over and prejudice over someone's surname. It is very ignorant of you to call him "Bwahchahhchxh." tongue.gif

View Post

WORD. Off with his head I say! mad.gif

Or maybe we could all just chill and try n take things a lil easy, and show a lil respect for each other. smile.gif

#35 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 20 May 2005 - 10:03 PM

Yeah! Back on topic! mad.gif tongue.gif

#36 KhalidBoussouara

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Interests:Hey this is weird cause I've not been here in ages. Been busy with uni and all that. Currently in second year of uni studying medicine. But you probably already knew that anyways.

Posted 20 May 2005 - 10:28 PM

I apologise if I offended anyone.

I have no way of guaranteeing what I will get. I expect though compared to how I did in the prelim that my mark has improved as the paper was much easier than my prelim. Since i got an A in the prelim I can't see how I might not have got one in the exam.
MSN: khalid@boussouara.co.uk

#37 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:My interests

Posted 20 May 2005 - 10:52 PM

Don't worry. It's all gravy

#38 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 20 May 2005 - 11:08 PM

Well, I found paper two incredibly easy and paper one a bit challenging. I think I'll get an A...(not arrogant tone laugh.gif )

#39 DEAN

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:FOOTBALL, KRATAE. KICKBOXING ,COMBACTBOXING<br />UNUSALLY (CHEMISTRY ,MATHS ,BIOLOGY)<br />READING

Posted 20 May 2005 - 11:53 PM

[FONT=Geneva] mad.gif dry.gif dry.gif mad.gif

#40 DEAN

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:FOOTBALL, KRATAE. KICKBOXING ,COMBACTBOXING<br />UNUSALLY (CHEMISTRY ,MATHS ,BIOLOGY)<br />READING

Posted 20 May 2005 - 11:57 PM

blink.gif mad.gif dry.gif

(((I have no way of guaranteeing what I will get. I expect though compared to how I did in the prelim that my mark has improved as the paper was much easier than my prelim. Since i got an A in the prelim I can't see how I might not have got one in the exam. )))))

obviously .you should do well coz ur mum is a maths teacher.
wat do you expect

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users