Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
How did everyone find the exam? - HSN forum - Page 3

How did everyone find the exam?

80 replies to this topic

#41 dfx

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 02:18 PM

It doesn't really matter which you took as above/below. I took the other one as above and ended up with -36. But obviously, the answer I put down was +36. So yeah...

#42 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:My interests

Posted 20 May 2005 - 02:19 PM

what a coincedence tupac laugh.gif I used the same expression without knowing biggrin.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif

#43 Scott_Cameron

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Lesse now...<br /><br />I have an *obsession* over A/V hardware and Tails. Yes, that guy from the Sonic the Hedgehog games. XD I'm also very much into Computing hardware of any kind. ^^ I've been a gamer ever since I got that NES when I was 3 and a half years old, and I'm quite into Art and Anime. ^^

Posted 20 May 2005 - 02:25 PM

Paper one went rather badly for me.

Paper two went slightly better. Hopefully the marks from there can pull me up to a C. From what everybody is saying here, it looks like I've got around 68-72 marks ... ( cutting it kinda close, huh? )

I'm really worried about Paper 2 question 5, though. I did the curves the wrong way around ... >>;. It looks like I've got the rest of the process correct, however.

#44 gary

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 03:05 PM

You wil pass with 68 no way will the pass mark go above 50 percent.

#45 david__taylor

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 03:08 PM

Paper 2 was very easy in my opinion, but paper 1 was pretty hard, check your answers with everyone else in the other topic. 36 is right. A in the bag. biggrin.gif cool.gif

#46 Col

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 03:11 PM

Damn That was hard!

I got a B in my prelim, but that exam sucked.

Pleeeeaaseeee let me get a grade!!!!!!!

#47 gary

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 03:11 PM

Ok the last question in paper two.

Was it the discriminant.

#48 david__taylor

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 03:16 PM

Yeh you had to do the discrimnant at one point.

#49 gary

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 03:19 PM

I think I done that question right but get the wrong answer.

I take it you had to go for all real roots discriminant is greater than or equal to zero etc.

#50 superstar

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE(Rubberducky @ May 20 2005, 02:55 PM)
QUOTE(werlop @ May 20 2005, 11:59 AM)
QUOTE(*Suz* @ May 20 2005, 12:16 PM)
I thought overall it was quite good! Really easy compared to last years!
Hoping for - B

View Post

Actually, I think it looks harder than last years exam (since last years was the easiest ever made). However, it still looks quite simple.

View Post

last years exam - the easiest ever made? I sat the exam and it wasnt easy.. come on!

View Post

Too right i really dont think you can describe any higher as easy! Last years exam wasn't that easy, althought i got an A i would never say it was easy!
All this the exam was easy crap really annoyes me as there is no need for it! It is just insulting to those who found it challenging! And another reason why i would never say that is- its soo just tempting fate!

#51 tupacshakur

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE(david__taylor @ May 20 2005, 03:16 PM)
Yeh you had to do the discrimnant at one point.

View Post

for the last question in paper 2 i got an answer by doing the discriminit but im not sure why it was out of 7 marks?

cos my working was quite short so i thought it would be out of 5 or something.

what was the answer to the last question anyway. I think i got 3 but i could be wrong
user posted image

WWE RAW IS WAR

#52 gary

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 03:23 PM

I dont know what it was but i deifferentiated then did the discriminant then said all roots greater than or equa to zero but i got the answer wrong i think.

#53 dfx

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 03:24 PM

Paper 2 was god damn generous. EIGHT marks for a pish easy integration?

#54 bubble

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Listen the music,<br />Reading

Posted 20 May 2005 - 03:24 PM

gosh.....
i am worry about paper 1....

#55 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:My interests

Posted 20 May 2005 - 03:25 PM

I never touched the discriminant because I only thought it applied to quadratics and not cubics

#56 tupacshakur

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 03:27 PM

oh crap, am i the only one here who used polynomials for 11a in paper 2?

when i did the next part of the question i got an answer for p (using discriminit) so i dont know if i did it right or not.
user posted image

WWE RAW IS WAR

#57 Scott_Cameron

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Lesse now...<br /><br />I have an *obsession* over A/V hardware and Tails. Yes, that guy from the Sonic the Hedgehog games. XD I'm also very much into Computing hardware of any kind. ^^ I've been a gamer ever since I got that NES when I was 3 and a half years old, and I'm quite into Art and Anime. ^^

Posted 20 May 2005 - 03:29 PM

I never touched the discriminant because I only thought it applied to quadratics and not cubics

I think once you differentiate it, it becomes a quadratic. I was running out of time near the end ( I was checking the working of some earlier questions ) so I never got a chance. I did get the one marker in a), oddly enough.

That's what I did, aswell. I'm not sure about it, though. ^^;

#58 tupacshakur

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 03:31 PM

can anyone remember the answer they got to the last question? (in paper 2)
user posted image

WWE RAW IS WAR

#59 dfx

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

What I did was synthetic division of the polynomial so you end up with (x-1) into a quadratic with p n all. Then discriminant set to be greater than or equal to zero... and solve.

#60 e-unit

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

QUOTE(tupacshakur @ May 20 2005, 04:27 PM)

when i did the next part of the question i got an answer for p (using discriminit) so i dont know if i did it right or not.

View Post

Answer: -1≥p and p≥3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users