Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
2002 Winter Diet paper 2 - HSN forum

2002 Winter Diet paper 2

4 replies to this topic

#1 oddbins

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:I can't be arsed writing anything here. And I hate writing about myself anyway.

Posted 19 May 2005 - 01:34 PM

Can anyone one help with question 6 please? blink.gif
Thanx.

#2 aldo

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 01:46 PM

All you should do is choose appropriate values of x and substitute them into the formula given until you get f(x) as close to zero as possible. As you are only asked to find the value of a to one decimal place, you wont get an answer of zero, but choose value which gives you an answer closest to zero.

By inspection of the graph you would expect the value of a to lie between 0.1 and 0.5 and should substitute these values through the equation.

You should find that a = 0.2 to one decimal place.

Any probs, give me a shout!!

#3 oddbins

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:I can't be arsed writing anything here. And I hate writing about myself anyway.

Posted 19 May 2005 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE(aldo @ May 19 2005, 02:46 PM)
All you should do is choose appropriate values of x and substitute them into the formula given until you get f(x) as close to zero as possible.  As you are only asked to find the value of a to one decimal place, you wont get an answer of zero, but choose value which gives you an answer closest to zero.

By inspection of the graph you would expect the value of a to lie between 0.1 and 0.5 and should substitute these values through the equation.

You should find that a = 0.2 to one decimal place.

Any probs, give me a shout!!

View Post

kool, that helped alot thanks! biggrin.gif

#4 JiLL

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 01:59 PM

yeh that helped me too!

Lets just hope that tomorrows paper isn't as hard as that paper!!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE WHO IS SITTING HIGHER MATHS TOMORROW!! biggrin.gif
beast

#5 aldo

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 02:16 PM

No problem!!! I'm sure you will all be fine tomorrow, just attempt each problem logically.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users