Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
This Years Exam - HSN forum

This Years Exam

31 replies to this topic

#1 Tracy

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Location:Erm..My House, In Tranent, Near Edinburgh, SCOTLAND!
  • Interests:Being me

Posted 19 May 2005 - 12:32 PM

Well all i can say tank god it was better than last years exam. I was really smile.gif with the written paper and i was of with the practical paper... done the majority of it in 20 minutes then i saw the last task. As i looked around the room so did everyone else and we all shook our heads!!! nIt needed IF STATEMENTS and we asked our teacher bout them but she told us we didn't need to know them and they came up!! Typical!!

How was everyone elses experience??

Hope it was good Trace x x x

#2 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 12:46 PM

Yeh i thot that written paper was fine.. some catches in a few o the questions. I did questions one and two. What about you? Yeh im not sure about the spreadsheet but what i did made sense! It was tricky tryin to get an absolute cell reference in an IF statement!! huh.gif what did you get for your final payment needed on the spreadsheets?

Overall quite pleased!

user posted image

#3 chocolate limes

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 12:52 PM

Well i thought that the admin papers were quite hard. The theory was ok but the practical was really hard. It was the spreadsheet task that got me. I was really stuck and couldnt figure out where to get the figures for it until about 10 minutes of staring at it.

Overall, was ok. Could have done better, could have done worse.

I just hope to pass!
[SIZE=14][SIZE=7][font=Impact]Chocolate Limes

#4 vikki1987

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 01:35 PM

Hi there, thought the admin exam overall was fine. I did questions 3 and 4 as these seemed the most straightforward to me. The practical was ok though the spreadsheet was something of a challenge. When trying to get an absolute cell reference in a cell you should click on the cell ref in the formula you have typed so that the cursor is on it then press f4 - just a handy hint. I think my final payment was £40.04. Would say i found IF statements straightforward but then again I have done SG Comp and Int2 Info Systems. Overall was pleased. laugh.gif

#5 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 02:22 PM

I so could've done Admin! I'm glad it went ok for you and you can just get absolute references by putting $ signs in you know! Yeh but the F4 way is much quicker!
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#6 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE(vikki1987 @ May 19 2005, 01:35 PM)
Hi there, thought the admin exam overall was fine.  I did questions 3 and 4 as these seemed the most straightforward to me.  The practical was ok though the spreadsheet was something of a challenge.  When trying to get an absolute cell reference in a cell you should click on the cell ref in the formula you have typed so that the cursor is on it then press f4 - just a handy hint.  I think my final payment was £40.04.  Would say i found IF statements straightforward but then again I have done SG Comp and Int2 Info Systems.  Overall was pleased. laugh.gif

View Post

yey!! thats what i got too! never knew about the F4 thing? o well managed it without that! Im quite pleased cos ive neva done any Admin or comp! lol!

user posted image

#7 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE(Discogirl17 @ May 19 2005, 02:22 PM)
I so could've done Admin! I'm glad it went ok for you and you can just get absolute references by putting $ signs in you know! Yeh but the F4 way is much quicker!

View Post

I didnt say that i did not know how to do absolute cell refernces! i just said that it needed a bit o thot cos it was in an IF statement! Geez!!
user posted image

#8 cork screw

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 04:58 PM

OMG!! that was awful

didn't understand the spreadsheet thing!! Did you have to add values!!

blink.gif sad.gif

the merging didn't work!! Argh!!

#9 deskjet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 05:46 PM

Where was the website address that required to be inserted after Online: (Page 4 Paper 2)?

When I merged the document with the orginal distribution List nothing came up. I then tried to merge from the actual queried distribution list and it came up with error in merged fields. Anybody experience the same?

The spreadsheet was confusing and when I went print it out on 1 page it put the 1st column on 1 page and the last four on another. unsure.gif

I did questions 1 and 4 for section 2 paper 1.
smile.gif

#10 AmAnDa

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Interests:Gymnastics, watching TV, listening to music, shopping

Posted 19 May 2005 - 07:27 PM

The website address was on the company headed paper! I had a problem with that too but I managed to find it in the end!! lol!

I thought paper 2 was quite hard! Especially the spreadsheet - completely mucked it up! My mail merge worked ok! I never seem to have a problem with it, usually just the query, I tend to stick to the deleting rows out the table!!! tongue.gif

user posted image
(`'.(`'. .').')
x..*...x....Amanda loves Craig....x...*..x
(.'(.' `'.)`'.)

#11 Icemaiden

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:Mwahahahaha!Attempting to dominate the world.

Posted 19 May 2005 - 09:24 PM

OMG it was sooooooooooooo hard.....and to top it off my computer decided to run....at....a......very......slow......snails........pace.I had no idea about the spreadsheet,tried an IF statement n it didn't work....everyone else had the same problem.Absolutely no-one could get the spreadsheet.The theory wasn't too bad although I feel i've waffled too much,lol.

Huggles

Ice Maiden
http://icemaiden04.deviantart.com

I'm a nutter in need of a new home (any offers?!? :P)

Cornish Pasty Pixie

"Its a new dawn,its a new day,its a new life for me....and i'm feeling good" -->Muse,Feeling good

#12 Tracy

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE(deskjet @ May 19 2005, 06:46 PM)
Where was the website address that required to be inserted after Online: (Page 4 Paper 2)?

When I merged the document with the orginal distribution List nothing came up. I then tried to merge from the actual queried distribution list and it came up with error in merged fields. Anybody experience the same?

The spreadsheet was confusing and when I went print it out on 1 page it put the 1st column on 1 page and the last four on another.  unsure.gif

I did questions 1 and 4 for section 2 paper 1.
smile.gif

View Post

I found the web page ok... it was in the letter head!! Did everyone put the letter head bit in the VIEW -> HEADER/FOOTER Bit?? Or am i the only one coz no one else in my skool - well the room taht i was in - did. My teacher came in in the middle of the exam and started to hand out printer stuff and yelled coz we didnt have our names on em then the SQA dude - Archie - explained it was intials only tongue.gif !!

Who did u get to sign the letter... If u didnt find it it was in teh job description page at the very front!

Trace x x

#13 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 09:38 PM

yeh i found the ladys name at the front. I put the email address which was in the header, yeh i did put it in the actual header section. Did you put merge fields in for address details on the letter? I did but not many people did that in my school... but i was guessing that you had to cos it was an actual letter!! The spreadsheet took the most time for me, but i did get my formulae to work eventually!
user posted image

#14 Tracy

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE(Rubberducky @ May 19 2005, 10:38 PM)
yeh i found the ladys name at the front. I put the email address which was in the header, yeh i did put it in the actual header section. Did you put merge fields in for address details on the letter? I did but not many people did that in my school... but i was guessing that you had to cos it was an actual letter!! The spreadsheet took the most time for me, but i did get my formulae to work eventually!

View Post

Yeah but coz i spent far too much time on the spreadsheet i "made up" a mail merge lol i went <<Nameof adressee>> ect as that is how the comp does it anyway then i typed in the details!! laugh.gif

On the written paper i answered questions 2&5 coz i knew one of the 4mark questions on Q2 down to a tee!!

Lol trace x x

PS Did u leave the booking bit in a box?

#15 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 09:53 PM

the details with phone nos etc? No i didnt leave it in the box... i just put it as text. what did u get for your final spreadsheet figure? I got 5 people on my querie did u? erm...
I did questions 1 and 2 cos i do biz man aswell and some o the parts were related to that so they were fine.
user posted image

#16 cork screw

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 11:27 PM

me too 5 people!!

The spread sheet was definitely was confusing sad.gif

what was last year's pass mark for an A?

#17 deskjet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 02:55 PM

Do you get answers for the exams on the site because I think I saw that here for maths last year? smile.gif

#18 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 08:12 PM

Last years pass mark for an A was 68% I think. Not sure though, its was somewhere near 70% though. No we dont get answers as such we discuss answers. For example if you asked could someone post their answers or whats the answer to... then we can help.
We aren't actually allowed to show questions anymore... SQA banned that... we are however allowed to show solutions
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#19 cork screw

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE(Discogirl17 @ May 20 2005, 09:12 PM)
Last years pass mark for an A was 68% I think. Not sure though, its was somewhere near 70% though. No we dont get answers as such we discuss answers. For example if you asked could someone post their answers or whats the answer to... then we can help.
We aren't actually allowed to show questions anymore... SQA banned that... we are however allowed to show solutions

View Post

Just wondering if you've seen this years paper?

If you have, what do you think of the paper this year?

#20 vikki1987

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 03:21 PM

Thought this years paper was reasonable anyway not too hard did u sit it?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users