Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
The 2004 Maths Exam - HSN forum

The 2004 Maths Exam

67 replies to this topic

#1 $impl_ih

Top of the Class

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 11:50 AM

Hey as you all know the Higher Maths exam is 2 morrow! ohmy.gif
I just want 2 wish every 1 good luck, and im sure u have done plenty of revision over the week and are going 2 kickass!! tongue.gif

You can use this topic to share ur experience of the exam, and say how the papers went for you. biggrin.gif

Good Luck!!

cool.gif
`..`._. $ m p l y _ h `..`._.

user posted image

#2 30111987

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 03:58 PM

dont do that!
geeze i thought i had got the dates mixed up

um, done 7 past papers, hope I pass tongue.gif
got 52% in my feb prelim

#3 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 20 May 2004 - 04:18 PM

Good luck for tomorrow, everyone smile.gif

Lets just hope there aren't any blunders in the paper like there were in last years SG wink.gif
@

#4 $impl_ih

Top of the Class

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 11:26 AM

Hey what did every 1 think.
I didnt think that the papers were to bad this year, i tht paper 1 was fairly striaght forward, maybe just a few bits i tht were hard, and probably the questions at the end of paper 2 were a bit challenging, well for me they were, but overall i tht it went well.

cool.gif
`..`._. $ m p l y _ h `..`._.

user posted image

#5 Bigmanstu

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 11:32 AM

I thought that the papers were the easiest i've ever done! Well chuffed at that biggrin.gif
Definite A. wink.gif

(All good apart from the fact I forgot cos 90 = 0 blink.gif )

#6 Chris M

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 11:34 AM

I found it alright too.

Paper I was really simple I thought, until I came to the last 2 questions. Paper II was also manageable, although I did get a bit muddled up at the end.

Overall I think I have won myself a B

Hurrah!
(until the SQA certificate comes biggrin.gif )

#7 Allan

Top of the Class

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 11:37 AM

that went a lot better than expected!

a few hard questions here and there but overall i thought it wasnt too bad!

#8 little_minx

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 11:44 AM

Hi,

Uh oh I think I'm in trouble! Am I the only one who found paper 1 difficult? I don't think I've got any of the last 15 marks sad.gif I actually thought paper 2 was straightforward. It's the easiest paper 2 I can remember doing. Apart from the log question, bit dubious there.
Hope everyone else got on ok - I'm sure it'll b A's all round! Lol,

Laura xxx

unsure.gif

#9 aaa

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 12:00 PM

well since every1 thought that the paper was quite easy then the chances are that in oder to get an A you have to get at least 85% etc.. so stop saying that it was easy, coz the chnaces are that sqa will change the standard passing %..
at first i thoughht i'll get a B not i think maybe a C sad.gif

btw, it wasnt that easy! huh.gif

unsure.gif

#10 werlop

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • Location:Cambridge (Term Time), Bearsden (Glasgow) Non Term Time

Wow, that was soo easy, what were they playing at. Did paper 2 even have any A/B stuff in it?

The only thing I didnt get in paper 1 was Tan sqrd=3, but i realised how to do that the momment I got out the door

Band 1 here I come! biggrin.gif
Click here to visit the Bearsden Academy Website
user posted image

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

#11 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

I found paper 1 alright, paper 2 was a bit tough. Managed the log question on paper 1 but not the half life one on paper 2. Forgot to use the discriminant for a question too. Also didn't manage part b of the paper 2 wave funtion question and forgot to differentiate on the g(x) question. Think I got the full 8 marks for last question on paper 2 though. Hopefully I didn't drop many marks other than that. If I'm lucky I'll get a 'B' but after people saying it was easy I think a 'C' might be more likely unsure.gif
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#12 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 21 May 2004 - 12:13 PM

The actual exam often seems "easy" compared to pre-lims and past papers since you've prepared so much for it and since you're expecting it to be impossible, therefore it seems a lot less difficult than what you were expecting. Although, I really don't think that any Higher Maths exam is going to be "easy".

Me, I thought it was okay. There were a few little bits that I couldn't do and a couple of questions which I know I've got the wrong answer for [here's hoping they give me marks for my working biggrin.gif] but all in all it was fine.

If I pass I'll be happy. I'd be happy with a C, overjoyed with a B and I'd probably wet myself if I got an A tongue.gif

@

#13 Kittyx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 12:26 PM

crap i thought cos90 =1 :/

i thought it was pretty hard...the beginning of both papers werent too bad but what was with the 7 mark question in the non-calculator???????? never done that before and i didnt have a clue!

And the last 15marks of the calculator...that was just evil. i didnt manage to get them but i think i've picked up a few marks...well i hope.

Everyone in my school pretty much said it was hard. But it was really mean giving you really quite easy questions at the beginning and then going to impossibly hard ones!

In my prelim i got 69%...half a mark off an A and this time i'm just hoping to get a B sad.gif

lol all my friends were saying that...last year you know there was higher questions in the paper and one that couldn't be done...well since they found it so hard they were like "i bet they'll tell us it was advanced higher questions in it"

i think i would have done better if i had more than one day to study...i think they need to sort out the exam timetables!!!

sooo for me...3 failed 2 to go tongue.gif

#14 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm in second year at Glasgow Yewnee studying Biology Type Things... haven't decided on my actual degree subject yet... someone wanna choose for me??

Posted 21 May 2004 - 12:46 PM

Iw was alright today. Paper One wasn't too great, I forgot how to do the tan question (grr it's so easy!) and the seven marker was like wot? But I did hav a try.

Paper 2 was far better. I was able to do all the questions, although whether or not the answers are right is another thing. Praying for an A!
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.

#15 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE (Bigmanstu @ May 21 2004, 11:32 AM)
I thought that the papers were the easiest i've ever done! Well chuffed at that  biggrin.gif
Definite A.  wink.gif 

(All good apart from the fact I forgot cos 90 = 0  blink.gif )

god i would never say that! bit confident in yourself are you not? I wouldnt tempt fate!!
user posted image

#16 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 02:21 PM

hey, well today wasnt too bad for me. It was better than i thot it was going to be! I didnt any of the papers were "easy" they both had quite straight forward bits n some challenging questions. Overall i dont think that it was too bad tho.

Gill x
user posted image

#17 Stirling Bhoy

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 02:36 PM

Hmmm, I was speaking to people at school and everyone said Paper 2 was easier, the teacher agreed and when I spoke to my cousin from Hamilton he said all his pals thought Paper 2 was easier. I couldn't believe this, I was sure Paper 1 was easy. Well looks like the majority of people on here agree with me.

A few mistakes of mine have been identified, most noteably the circle question where you had to prove the equation of the second circle was a tangent. I began it right by putting the SL eqtn (y=.....) into the circle formula( x(squared) then y)). But then I could not solve it. I never got on to the last 8 marker though.

#18 Martin

Top of the Class

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 02:40 PM

I failed my prelim and I've failed this too.

I just can't do higher maths... it hasn't helped that i've missed over 2 and a half months of school either.

The paper did look easy - but I just couldn't do it. I made a paper aeroplane out of the forumula sheet. Then I wrote "y = wtf, who cares!" and threw it when I got outside.
"I'm not scared of dying... I just don't want to!"

#19 Martin

Top of the Class

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 02:42 PM

Besides - Intelligence has nothing to do with exam results! Also, I never really studied - I'm not so bothered. Screw it!
"I'm not scared of dying... I just don't want to!"

#20 aaa

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 02:54 PM

laugh.gif areoplanes? LoL!
i also think that paper 2 was easier!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users