Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
George Galloway - HSN forum

George Galloway

30 replies to this topic

#1 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 17 May 2005 - 05:17 PM

i watched George Galloway defend himself in the US. I must say even though i dont agree with the man's policy's etc it came across he is an excellent politician and public speaker.

Very impressed smile.gif

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#2 tupacshakur

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 05:25 PM

yeah i saw it live on sky news. I think it was after 4 when he finally started speaking.

pretty good confrontation! He's right, some of those american dudes are puppets and liars.
user posted image

WWE RAW IS WAR

#3 Dave

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 05:29 PM

Mmm not so sure on that myself

I do think they were a bit short sighted allowing him the chance to defend himself on capital hill. This is the highest stage is had given his anti-war speech in their effects to weaken him they have made him stronger

#4 ILS

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 06:04 PM

what can ya say... the mans got balls! smile.gif

#5 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 17 May 2005 - 06:09 PM

OMG... I didn't expect to hear this admission from Dave. tongue.gif

You I heard it aswell - was very interesting; he made some very good points aswell.

It's good that he didn't hold back. biggrin.gif

#6 Dave

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 06:36 PM

all i am saying is the man is a good public speaker and is a good politician. WHy would you not expect that it doesnt mean i agree with him.

For example i am pretty sure he knew if pal was trading in oil and knew that when he took his money for his election campaign

#7 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 09:15 PM

Here's a direct link to it, for anyone interested:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/avdb/news_web/...153_bb_16x9.asx

#8 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 17 May 2005 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE(ILS @ May 17 2005, 07:04 PM)
what can ya say... the mans got balls!  smile.gif

View Post

I think the guy's great! smile.gif I don't agree with everything he says, but I respect him for standing up for what he believes in, even against the US senate! ohmy.gif That did indeed take a lot of balls.....I couldn't do it. It was live on US TV as well! biggrin.gif

Someone has to stand up against the USA about the Iraq war, maybe this could be the start! smile.gif
Check Out My Space! - www.myspace.com

Aberdeen University - French and International Relations - September 06'

IPB Image

#9 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:02 PM

Ok I dont usually get involved in mind-numbingly boring politics but in this case I agree with you.
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#10 George

Child Prodigy

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE(ally @ May 17 2005, 10:15 PM)
Here's a direct link to it, for anyone interested:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/avdb/news_web/...153_bb_16x9.asx

View Post

I watched it, and wasn't overly impressed. I mean, he made some good points, and I liked how he kept turning it on them, but he's just not my cup of tea.

He actually reminds me of Nicola Sturgeon (SNP Deputy Leader or something). To me, he comes across as just playing a part, like his way of speaking is 'put on' and he's trying to hard. I might not have explained that very well, but next time you hear Nicola Sturgeon, you'll proably catch my drift biggrin.gif

#11 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:15 PM

I know what you mean George.
1. Its a fake accent
2. He uses too many hand movements
3. He uses too many long words... even for me and I like English
I mean who ever heard of indigafaticability before he used the word?

I do like the way he stands up for what he believes in and turns things back on the Americans! I do believe the war was wrong. The guy has guts but he's not my cup of tea (or coffee) either! lol

#12 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:My interests

Posted 18 May 2005 - 07:25 AM

He has got so much character. I read his quotes from BBC News site and they were quite satisfying to read, and he has now been cleared, so he can get on with his life.

I heard the TV interview he had with Jeremy Paxman. I wasn't up that early after the election but I saw it on the BBC's site. That was entertaining as well! i don't understand why Paxman was so annnoyed with the Galloway had taken the seat from one of the few black MP's in Britain. After all, it is all about what you offer and there is no point of having an MP, who doesn't stand up for most people's views, just because she is of an ethnic minority. Isn't Galloways seat just representing the idea of Democracy?

#13 George

Child Prodigy

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 08:53 AM

I think the point was that people from all different parties believed Oona King was working hard for her constituency - even George Galloway made a remark to that effect after the result was announced.

Paxman's point was that Galloway had exploited racial tension in the area to take the seat from her. Apparantly a lot of people in the Muslim community there were unhappy with a female MP (from what I heard on the coverage).

#14 Dave

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 09:58 AM

I totally agree with you on all you have said George

I do however think that the man has a gift for public speaking. Dare i say it he seems very intelligent and very quick on the up take. He has taken on every major power/powerful man in the planet and has never been caught out. You could see the sub-commitee trying to make him slip up and he could see right through it.

If only he would use his powers for good tongue.gif

#15 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 10:08 AM

But the looks of the peoples face in the background when he was going on about the illegaility of the war were priceless! laugh.gif

#16 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 18 May 2005 - 10:17 AM

I respect Galloway and his leftist stance. I think it is good he is the new MP for Bethnal Green and Bow and I think the argument that he has replaced a black female is largely irrelevent.
The facial expressions of the women behind Galloway were indeed very amusing!
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#17 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 11:07 AM

Lol, aye when he hit them with the "I know standards have slipped here in Washington," bit. Sweet. biggrin.gif

#18 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 02:00 PM

The expressions really were pricless. I wish I'd have been there to just laugh.

#19 superstar

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 04:53 PM

As much as i cant really be doing with George Galloway i have to say he did quite well in America. He didnt get threatened by the "grand" settings of the senate where many other would have. He didnt seem threatened at any point and put his case across in his usual way!

#20 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 09:45 PM

Galloway denies US Senators' claims

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users