Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Playstation 3 Revealed! - HSN forum - Page 2

Playstation 3 Revealed!

38 replies to this topic

#21 Floorball Maniac

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 02:52 PM

The cordless controllers will be handy. Don't you just hate when you are on a racing game, need to break suddenly and then blank! You have just pulled the playstation to the other end of the room!

#22 coca

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • Interests:Programming and gaming<br /><br />http://coca-123.bebo.com

Posted 17 May 2005 - 03:22 PM

The controller looks like it would come back to you if you threw it away, somewhat like a boomerang laugh.gif

QUOTE(bigears1)
Just wandering, whats so impressive about 3.2Ghz RAM, what will this do for it?
I really dont know anything about RAM etc. so not soo sure what that will do for it?

If the memory is slower than the CPU, the processor will need to go into a wait state. See this wikipedia article for more information:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wait_state
<MrBob> I hate Uni. At least in film studies we get to talk about Fight Club.
<@X-Factor> Wouldnt you be breaking the first 2 rules?

#23 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 17 May 2005 - 03:29 PM

yes you can overclock RAM

It can get unstable and the latencys go to hell but you can. The expensive stuff is made for it. So you have to stay away from the budget stuff and get heat sinks

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#24 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE(Wedge37 @ May 17 2005, 01:21 PM)
They're on the back of the PS3... laugh.gif

View Post

Well actually...tongue.gif I read the E3 articles and it said 2 on the front, 4 on the back tongue.gif

#25 bigears1

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 03:34 PM

Heres a link to killzone for PS3 looks, well, amazing really.... http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748475/vids_1.html

Also a link to the new nintendo job, must have take the design team a while to come up with the shape of that one....
http://media.cube.ign.com/articles/615/615030/imgs_1.html

#26 Justboy

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Interests:Anime, gaming, dvds, computers.

Posted 17 May 2005 - 03:51 PM

Yeah, it looks nice and promising, but the controller looks terrible. I'm hoping they change it before it's released. Nintendo revolution looks good as well.

All the new generation consoles look shiny..

#27 coca

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • Interests:Programming and gaming<br /><br />http://coca-123.bebo.com

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:24 PM

Back:

user posted image

Front:

user posted image
<MrBob> I hate Uni. At least in film studies we get to talk about Fight Club.
<@X-Factor> Wouldnt you be breaking the first 2 rules?

#28 tupacshakur

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:56 PM

theres rumours that the likely cost will be £300 plus!
user posted image

WWE RAW IS WAR

#29 Moral Fabric

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Well, i love music, I play guitar as a pass time and muck about on drums, I like funk, punk, rock etc etc the list goes on. <br />Hopefully going to Uni this year, Strathclyde Business School, look out for me =P<br />what other interests,... hmm... got lots, but cant remember =D.... later

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE(bigears1 @ May 17 2005, 04:34 PM)

KILLZONE looks awesome, man it would beat the crap outta any Halo, ohmy.gif laugh.gif
I cant wait till the PS3 comes out, they got a date on it?

#30 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 17 May 2005 - 05:15 PM

is it not summer or xmas 2006

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#31 tupacshakur

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE(Dave @ May 17 2005, 05:15 PM)
is it not summer or xmas 2006

View Post

maybe for us brits but i think in the US and japan its spring 2006
user posted image

WWE RAW IS WAR

#32 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 07:23 PM

Yeah the playstation 3 uses "The Cell" processor (discussed on here previously) which uses multiple processors embedded on the one chip, effectively giving a "parallel processing" machine.

These chips are very much sought after, and are going to be put into everyday appliances such as fridges, to make them "Intelligent".

Mark

#33 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 09:43 PM

I think I'll get it, but not right after it comes out, too expensive then. Its sexay but the controllers look like boomerangs, so not sexy!
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#34 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:12 PM

wooow! just had a look at the pics...and I am well impressed...I dont even play my ps2 that much but I would get one of those just to show off in my room! haha
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#35 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:14 PM

Yeh its so not going to be my lil brothers
My lil bro has a PS1 n PS2!
I have a Sega Mega Drive!

#36 tupacshakur

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE(Discogirl17 @ May 17 2005, 10:14 PM)

I have a Sega Mega Drive!

View Post

laugh.gif
user posted image

WWE RAW IS WAR

#37 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 02:54 PM

I know, testament to the fact that the eldest never gets anything!

#38 Broken Fairy Wings

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:writers: Francesca Lia Block, Elizabeth Wurtzel, Sylvia Plath, Carol Lee, JD Salinger, Jeffrey Eugenides, Virginia Woolf..<br /><br />music: Lisa Marie Presley, Michael Jackson, Katy Rose, Tori Amos, Bjork, Fiona Apple, Bruce Springsteen, David Bowie, Delirious?, Nirvana, Silverchair, Bob Dylan, Blondie, Elliott Smith, Joss Stone, Bright Eyes, Rilo Kiley, The Postal Service, Hanson, HIM, The Beach Boys, Jewel, Third Day, Kelly Osbourne, Liz Phair, Mandy Moore, Maria Mena, The Velvet Underground, Nico, Jem, KT Tunstall, Jeff Buckley, Jewel, The Clash, Jamison Parker, Kryah, Death Cab For Cutie, Melissa Etheridge, Mariah Carey, Janet Jackson, Elvis Presley, White Stripes, Speedway, Who Will Miss Mary, PJ Harvey..<br /><br />movies: White Oleander, Thirteen, Donnie Darko, Finding Neverland, Lost In Translation, Peter Pan, The Virgin Suicides, Labyrinth, Winning London, A Walk To Remember, Ghost World, The Hours, Igby Goes Down, Romeo &amp; Juliet, Don't Say A Word, Saved!, Hotel Rwanda, Dear Frankie, Song For A Raggy Boy..<br /><br />Other Stuff: fairies, glitter, snow, dancing in the rain, swimming, the beach, nature, Mary Kate &amp; Ashley, Home &amp; Away, writing, poetry, wearing fairy wings, taking photos, making icons, Evan Rachel Wood..

Posted 19 May 2005 - 02:57 PM

For a games console [so not a fan], that's pretty damn hot.
Peace, <3 & fairy dust
-Laura, exoh!

It’s not that I literally think I’m a faerie. It’s just that I feel so different from most people. And this idea of a race living underground in caverns, spending all their days dancing and playing the fiddle and eating flowers and reciting poetry and sharing their dreams, that to me sounds much more real than the way people live in this world, hating and fighting and wanting and hurting. - FLB

Imagine that I can't be comforted at all , in pieces I went from crawling into a ball. Evidence, it's in my breathing every day, less and less and less. Can you hear me now, cause I'm not doing fine, I'm drowning in my mind again - LisaMariePresley

#39 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 03:00 PM

I'm getting it, I swear I have to get a good games console. My brother just got a gamecube, my consolation was an old Gameboy pocket! So not funny.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users