Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Playstation 3 Revealed! - HSN forum

Playstation 3 Revealed!

38 replies to this topic

#1 tupacshakur

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:18 AM

Looks excellent!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Not sure about the controller though!

Edited by FF47, 17 May 2005 - 01:22 PM.

user posted image

WWE RAW IS WAR

#2 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:23 AM

Being a computer geek I am well impressed by the specs:

3.2 Ghz processor, but thats not the impressive bit...the speed of the RAM is also 3.2Ghz ohmy.gif

Uses that new fancy DVD techi stuff as well

NVidia graphics as well

Wonder if it really is twice as fast as the XBox 360?

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#3 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:29 AM

Are we sure this isn't another mocked up image? It looks very much like a scanner to me biggrin.gif.

#4 tupacshakur

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:30 AM

i forgot to mention it is probably going to be released at the earliest, Spring 2006.

These are ligit pics, taken straight from the SONY website.

http://uk.playstation.com/news/newsStory.j...&linktype=PC115

its even been covered on the BBC site too

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4554025.stm

user posted image

WWE RAW IS WAR

#5 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:30 AM

And where are the six USB ports?

#6 Dave

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:34 AM

they tend to hid these things

did you not see that E3 release of the playstation 3

#7 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:38 AM

Haven't been onto my gamespot.com account for a while tongue.gif.

#8 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:17 AM

Mmmm....sexy silver! I'm definitely getting my hands on one of those! biggrin.gif The xbox 360 looks crap compared to this! laugh.gif As usual, sony has the best designs. lol

#9 tupacshakur

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:18 AM

yup id go for the silver colour
user posted image

WWE RAW IS WAR

#10 bigears1

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE(Dave @ May 17 2005, 10:23 AM)

The speed of the RAM is also 3.2Ghz ohmy.gif

Wonder if it really is twice as fast as the XBox 360

View Post

Just wandering, whats so impressive about 3.2Ghz RAM, what will this do for it?
I really dont know anything about RAM etc. so not soo sure what that will do for it?

#11 tupacshakur

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:25 AM

its going to be faster and overall better than the xbox guaranteed.
user posted image

WWE RAW IS WAR

#12 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:29 AM

QUOTE(tupacshakur @ May 17 2005, 11:25 AM)
its going to be faster and overall better than the xbox guaranteed.

View Post

Although I would share this sentiment, don't just try to give the "nah nah nah nah nah we're better than you" treatment to the Xboxers tongue.gif. Afterall, who's to say that developers will be able to exploit all of the impressive specs - it will cost them alot to upgrade their development systems.

#13 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 17 May 2005 - 12:14 PM

Lookin good! biggrin.gif

Kinda pisses me off that I only got my PS2 a couple of years ago for £200. mad.gif Another way of stealing our money! wink.gif
Check Out My Space! - www.myspace.com

Aberdeen University - French and International Relations - September 06'

IPB Image

#14 dfx

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 12:18 PM

Sexay.

#15 Dave

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 12:19 PM

in a normal PC you have a processor flying along at x Ghz and you have the RAM which holds the instructions for the processor to process. Now the speed of RAM these days is normally 400Mhz but you can fiddle and get 800Mhz.

Whereas the RAM in the Playstation equals the frequency of the processor which means there will be a free flow of data from ram to the processor which measn increased performance because the processor is spending lots of time waiting for data to reach it

#16 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 17 May 2005 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE(Dave @ May 17 2005, 01:19 PM)
in a normal PC you have a processor flying along at x Ghz and you have the RAM which holds the instructions for the processor to process. Now the speed of RAM these days is normally 400Mhz but you can fiddle and get 800Mhz.

Whereas the RAM in the Playstation equals the frequency of the processor which means there will be a free flow of data from ram to the processor which measn increased performance because the processor is spending lots of time waiting for data to reach it

View Post

WTF????? ph34r.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I'm no techy whizzkid, as you may have noticed! laugh.gif rolleyes.gif
Check Out My Space! - www.myspace.com

Aberdeen University - French and International Relations - September 06'

IPB Image

#17 Floorball Maniac

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 12:48 PM

Playstation weren't taking any chances here. I love the look of it (not to keen on the new xbox look).

The controller looks wierd. I had expected them to keep the same design as PS1 + 2 but now I see it needed a change.

The only down side will be if they bring it out at a whooping price!

Will it live up the its expectations?

#18 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 01:18 PM

White is ugly. Silver and black are nice though.

#19 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 17 May 2005 - 01:21 PM

Woah! Fast RAM!!! OMGLOLWTFBBQ! tongue.gif

I wanna marry that PS3 now! laugh.gif

QUOTE(ermdeviation @ May 17 2005, 11:30 AM)
And where are the six USB ports?

View Post

They're on the back of the PS3... laugh.gif

#20 dfx

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 01:29 PM

Dave, you can't overclock the RAM can you? Just mobo stuff?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users