Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Horrendous Exam - HSN forum - Page 3

Horrendous Exam

84 replies to this topic

#41 Mikey_Pee

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 12:18 AM

QUOTE(milnedaniel @ May 16 2005, 08:35 PM)
same here, more interesting questions

View Post

Oh God no. A straightforward partnerships question would do me fine. What I'd give for a Profix Max question that followed through the right procedures of a Profit Max question!

I loved my answer to that question. 3.15 so I decided to leave b and c and move onto the theory. I done the theory, so went back to it and decided to be a right smart arse and take advantage of the consequential rule, making up figures right left and centre to get the working done. I may only get a few marks, but it may be the difference between studying it next year or taking my B and running.

Oh, and I had a minute or so left, so decided to be a right smartarse again and add in some silly theory answers at the end. "What are the benifits to a small manufacturing firm of hiring a managerial accountant?" - "To manage the finances of a firm, to manage the manufacturing of products".

Hey, after two and a half hours, I'd have laughed if someone said "bum". I was that out of it.

#42 Moral Fabric

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Well, i love music, I play guitar as a pass time and muck about on drums, I like funk, punk, rock etc etc the list goes on. <br />Hopefully going to Uni this year, Strathclyde Business School, look out for me =P<br />what other interests,... hmm... got lots, but cant remember =D.... later

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE(Mikey_Pee @ May 17 2005, 01:18 AM)
QUOTE(milnedaniel @ May 16 2005, 08:35 PM)
same here, more interesting questions

View Post

Hey, after two and a half hours, I'd have laughed if someone said "bum". I was that out of it.

View Post

me too laugh.gif

#43 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 09:36 PM

OK GUYS I HAVE AN IDEA
Last year hsn(well some of us on hsn) launched an attack on the SQA to bring the Englush pass boundaries down and to make the exam better. I think we should do that with a/cs. If you agree post the word "AYE" if u don't say "NAE".
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#44 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 09:40 PM

Nae.

The SQA is an international organisation and I doubt it's going to reduce pass rate in a subject due to a few protestors!

Pupils performance should be all the protest they need. If performance is bad, SQA will lower pass rate.

#45 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:10 PM

Technically the SQA are national but have international links. The SQA are ok. I'm going with

a NAE/AYE this year

#46 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 11:00 AM

Aye. 'Cause I just don't like em especially.

Also, what's the deal with relying 100% for your grade on one single end of year exam. It's ridiculous - continuous assessment has been proven in many educational studies to produce a better end result than when pupils are forced into one big cram.

#47 Moral Fabric

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Well, i love music, I play guitar as a pass time and muck about on drums, I like funk, punk, rock etc etc the list goes on. <br />Hopefully going to Uni this year, Strathclyde Business School, look out for me =P<br />what other interests,... hmm... got lots, but cant remember =D.... later

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:01 PM

AYE, but I don't think the SQA will listen huh.gif

#48 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:17 PM

Well they did listen last year- wait for the grades to come out and if you do badly then come back on and I'll get something sorted

#49 Moral Fabric

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE(Discogirl17 @ May 18 2005, 02:17 PM)
Well they did listen last year- wait for the grades to come out and if you do badly then come back on and I'll get something sorted

View Post

will do

#50 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:29 PM

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I really wanted an A as well!

#51 Moral Fabric

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE(Discogirl17 @ May 18 2005, 02:29 PM)
AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!  I really wanted an A as well!

View Post

I think we all did ! sad.gif

#52 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:36 PM

Yeh but were we all predicted as an A and told to aim for a band 1!

#53 Moral Fabric

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:37 PM

QUOTE(Discogirl17 @ May 18 2005, 02:36 PM)
Yeh but were we all predicted as an A and told to aim for a band 1!

View Post

but then that exam came up, it was awful!

#54 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:39 PM

Exactly, bang go my chances of A band 1 and even my chances of an A! Gone.

#55 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:48 PM

I got (haha) 97% in my Accounts prelim. It was basically all just different questions from past papers over they years (2000 onwards). Do you think this will stand and appeal if I get, say a D or a fail? (Which I am expecting).

#56 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:50 PM

I'm not even talking to you
*turns back on FF47*
Tell him Mr Moral Fabric!

#57 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:51 PM

The only reason I got such a high mark was because a friend of mine sat the prelim the year before and told me the questions she got - the teacher changed the paper very little.

#58 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:53 PM

O ok, you big cheat, I'm sorry, yes it should stand up for appeal, if you get a D then you might get ur A, if you get a C your more likely to get an A on appeal. If you fail you'll most probably get a B.

#59 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:54 PM

Wow! I only want a C!

I've appealed for Maths last year (Higher). I got an A with 80% in my prelim and my appeal was unsuccessful. I've never had an appeal before. Do the SQA take this into consideration when deciding whether or not to give you an appeal?

#60 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:58 PM

I hope not as I've already been appealed for twice!
I think its more about the work you've done and grade prediction and prelim ... its a mixture of things really

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users