Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Horrendous Exam - HSN forum - Page 2

Horrendous Exam

84 replies to this topic

#21 milnedaniel

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 07:44 PM

[B]Hey, i sat the exam today and also like u people, found it bad.
The questions were not too bad but i didn't expect them to be set out like that after revising the specimen paper a good bit.
I did Q2 and got my surplus to be £32,000 - however wikked-dfc got £41,000, where did i go wrong lol? sad.gif

#22 Moral Fabric

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Well, i love music, I play guitar as a pass time and muck about on drums, I like funk, punk, rock etc etc the list goes on. <br />Hopefully going to Uni this year, Strathclyde Business School, look out for me =P<br />what other interests,... hmm... got lots, but cant remember =D.... later

Posted 16 May 2005 - 07:46 PM

i think i got 41,000 too,... i dont know where your answer came from though sad.gif sorry

#23 milnedaniel

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 07:51 PM

Hopefully ill only lose a few marks

#24 Moral Fabric

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Well, i love music, I play guitar as a pass time and muck about on drums, I like funk, punk, rock etc etc the list goes on. <br />Hopefully going to Uni this year, Strathclyde Business School, look out for me =P<br />what other interests,... hmm... got lots, but cant remember =D.... later

Posted 16 May 2005 - 07:52 PM

you may only lose one....

#25 milnedaniel

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 07:56 PM

I cant remember my answer, but for the very last question, when u are calculating the selling price of the Job - when workin out the 20% profit on selling price, did u people have to round to nearest pence? or was it just me unsure.gif

#26 Moral Fabric

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 07:57 PM

Q8???

#27 milnedaniel

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 07:59 PM

sorry, yes Q8

#28 Moral Fabric

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE(milnedaniel @ May 16 2005, 08:59 PM)
sorry, yes Q8

View Post

didnt do it biggrin.gif

#29 wikked-dfc

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 08:04 PM

I put depreciation in because it is a cost which is fixed throughout the year and I assumed it was mentioned as being excluded since there was a Cash Budget and it isn't included in the Cash Budget. I'm really not sure though. The COntribution worked out above is correct though I missed out thelabour cost per hour and just used the £9 how stupid of me duh!

The person who was unsure of the not for profit part, Did you include the Net Profit on Social Functions in the INCOME since that was 9000 and that is how far out you are? Just a suggestion may be something else.

#30 Moral Fabric

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE(wikked-dfc @ May 16 2005, 09:04 PM)
I put depreciation in because it is a cost which is fixed throughout the year and I assumed it was mentioned as being excluded since there was a Cash Budget and it isn't included in the Cash Budget. I'm really not sure though. The COntribution worked out above is correct though I missed out thelabour cost per hour and just used the £9 how stupid of me duh!

View Post

i didnt put dep in, i didnt think it was meant to be included, i'm sure you write that off with profit rather then in the price of the product...

#31 milnedaniel

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 08:09 PM

Depreciation is not included in the cost, and yes i did include the 9000 profit as income, theres a chance i missed it out on my calculations tho as i was rushed

#32 Moral Fabric

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 08:11 PM

everyone was rushed,... i think i made most of my errors out of having to rush sad.gif

#33 wikked-dfc

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 08:14 PM

Starting to feel worried bout the BEP question!!!! OH well I'll jus have to wait and see on the 9th OF August!

#34 milnedaniel

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 08:15 PM

wouldn't worry too much about it, the whole of Scotland would have suffered, the pass marks will be changed accordingly

#35 Moral Fabric

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 08:16 PM

but the past few years have went up, check the reportsd on the SQA website!

#36 milnedaniel

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 08:20 PM

This is the first year of their new style tho, the course is just Accounting rather than Accounting and Finance, questions weren't integrated like this before

#37 Moral Fabric

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE(milnedaniel @ May 16 2005, 09:20 PM)
This is the first year of their new style tho, the course is just Accounting rather than Accounting and Finance, questions weren't integrated like this before

View Post

indeed, i prefer it like this though

#38 milnedaniel

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 08:35 PM

same here, more interesting questions

#39 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 16 May 2005 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE(Moral Fabric @ May 16 2005, 07:09 PM)
QUOTE(bred @ May 16 2005, 06:57 PM)
QUOTE(Kevin_Kilbane @ May 16 2005, 05:57 PM)
Louts, you've changed the title biggrin.gif

View Post

What was it before? biggrin.gif

View Post

it was pish pish pish,...

View Post

laugh.gif
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#40 Moral Fabric

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 09:15 PM

biggrin.gif ph34r.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users