Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
are you ready for the higher - HSN forum

are you ready for the higher

7 replies to this topic

#1 UAE_SOUL

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 03:23 PM

hi every one, smile.gif
i'm a new member &this the first topic i am writing
after all this taking blink.gif i'd like to ask you a Q biggrin.gif
are you ready for your final exam especially Bio which is in the Wen unsure.gif
& what's your feeling about it? ohmy.gif
your a new friend from UAE wink.gif

#2 Chünz

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 04:04 PM

Hi,

Well I think I am ready... I just hope the essay questions are good. Lol happy.gif

I feel pretty confident. After doing several past papers I feel totally in control... it's one few of the subjects that I actually DO feel in control of.

#3 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:My interests

Posted 17 May 2005 - 03:27 PM

I am going to be re-revising/past papering all of today and I will get up about 8-ish to do another few hours of revision and I will be off. I am generally confident and I have had an extra prelim in which I did not spend too much time revising for and I managed to get 79% which I was pleased about considering the fact that we had this one peppered moth problem solving question which lasted 10 pages and took forever. I honestly felt like crying when doing this enormously awkward graph where we had to make 2 bar graphs next to each other using information hidden amongst tables of other information as well as the fact that the scale was utter bull$%&*. We were told that the question came from the 80's and we would never get something as tough, time consuming and draining as that.

At least I know the revision and the exam will never be as stressful as the Higher English and Higher Geography I have to do recently and thankully will never do again!

#4 UAE_SOUL

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:12 PM

i hope that we all are going to do very well and get A band one biggrin.gif

#5 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:My interests

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:37 PM

UAE_SOUL, are you from the UAE or are you living there or have you got relatives there (I noticed from somewhere that you lived in UAE, but I am not sure though).
Are you living in the UAE doing scottish exams? My parents went on holiday to thw UAE and stayed in Sharjah but spent much of their time in Dubai. They said the cities (esp. Dubai) are miles more advanced than the UK and are apparantly really beautiful. There is even an 8-star hotel in dubai - the Barj-al-Arab I think - the only one in the world apparantly.

Oh yeah. Good luck to everyone for Bio...and er...remember that all viruses have a protein coat (capsid) and a nucleic acid (DNA or RNA - viruses with RNA are called retroviruses).

#6 UAE_SOUL

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 06:20 PM

YIC
yeah am from UAE biggrin.gif from city called AL-Ain it's far from Dubai 200km
am doing Scottish higher here in Glasgow smile.gif
i'm going back home after i finishing the higher thaaaaaaaaanx god biggrin.gif
nice to meet u happy.gif

#7 Broken Fairy Wings

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:writers: Francesca Lia Block, Elizabeth Wurtzel, Sylvia Plath, Carol Lee, JD Salinger, Jeffrey Eugenides, Virginia Woolf..<br /><br />music: Lisa Marie Presley, Michael Jackson, Katy Rose, Tori Amos, Bjork, Fiona Apple, Bruce Springsteen, David Bowie, Delirious?, Nirvana, Silverchair, Bob Dylan, Blondie, Elliott Smith, Joss Stone, Bright Eyes, Rilo Kiley, The Postal Service, Hanson, HIM, The Beach Boys, Jewel, Third Day, Kelly Osbourne, Liz Phair, Mandy Moore, Maria Mena, The Velvet Underground, Nico, Jem, KT Tunstall, Jeff Buckley, Jewel, The Clash, Jamison Parker, Kryah, Death Cab For Cutie, Melissa Etheridge, Mariah Carey, Janet Jackson, Elvis Presley, White Stripes, Speedway, Who Will Miss Mary, PJ Harvey..<br /><br />movies: White Oleander, Thirteen, Donnie Darko, Finding Neverland, Lost In Translation, Peter Pan, The Virgin Suicides, Labyrinth, Winning London, A Walk To Remember, Ghost World, The Hours, Igby Goes Down, Romeo &amp; Juliet, Don't Say A Word, Saved!, Hotel Rwanda, Dear Frankie, Song For A Raggy Boy..<br /><br />Other Stuff: fairies, glitter, snow, dancing in the rain, swimming, the beach, nature, Mary Kate &amp; Ashley, Home &amp; Away, writing, poetry, wearing fairy wings, taking photos, making icons, Evan Rachel Wood..

Posted 18 May 2005 - 09:13 AM

i have confidence.. that i'm gonna fail this. i've wasted the last year joking around in class & know none of the course, can't write essays & panic looking at past papers. &i need to get an A =/ Ug.

Good luck to everyone else, not that any of you sound like you need it =]

Peace, <3 & fairy dust
-Laura, exoh!

It’s not that I literally think I’m a faerie. It’s just that I feel so different from most people. And this idea of a race living underground in caverns, spending all their days dancing and playing the fiddle and eating flowers and reciting poetry and sharing their dreams, that to me sounds much more real than the way people live in this world, hating and fighting and wanting and hurting. - FLB

Imagine that I can't be comforted at all , in pieces I went from crawling into a ball. Evidence, it's in my breathing every day, less and less and less. Can you hear me now, cause I'm not doing fine, I'm drowning in my mind again - LisaMariePresley

#8 Vixus

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 10:30 AM

I'm OK with biology, just wondering what topics to memorise for the essays, really.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users