Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Democracy Quotes - HSN forum

Democracy Quotes

3 replies to this topic

#1 gary

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 09:59 PM

Anyone know where I could find any quotes.

#2 *sofax*

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:playing the fiddle, swimming, music, the OC, Will and Grace and going out with friends. Not that there is much to do here!!

Posted 15 May 2005 - 10:19 PM

If you read extra material you should find quotes. Look through your textbooks there are often quotes there. If you are in school before the exam ask your teacher! He/she will know best.
*a wee drop of heaven*

x sophie x

#3 superstar

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 03:07 PM

Yeh i would say just look through any test books that you have or revision books. Thats where i have got practically all my quotes from!

#4 abigaildav

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 08:56 PM

G Cole, on the Third Reform Act 1884 –
‘There seemed to be substance in the view that for the future Parliament would have to govern the country with an eye to the interests and wishes of the majority of the people.’

D Thomson, on the same subject –
‘The House of Commons became more openly the organ of public opinion’

T C Smout, on the same subject –
‘The Act left 40% of the adult males in the UK still unenfranchised in 1911, clearly concentrated in the poor and younger working class.’

D Wright, on reasons behind reform –
‘Parliamentary reform was largely a reflection of changes in the economic and social structure of the country.’

M Pugh, on the impact of war –
‘The experience and response of the mass of people during the First World War were of major importance in shaping the modern pattern of British politics.’

G Mingay, on the same subject –
‘World War I marked the end of the old Britain, the beginning of the new.’

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users