Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
anyone else panicking? - HSN forum

anyone else panicking?

10 replies to this topic

#1 *Etoile*

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 01:11 PM

Hi there,
anyone else freaking out about the french exam on tuesday??
I've not done much work lately and my grades have all gone down since the prelim and the speaking test (I got 86% and 25) I've got biology and maths the same week and they are my weakest subjects.
So glad english is over with! Think the close reading went fine but not so sure about the critical essays.
Anyway going to go do some greatly needed biology revision!
See ya l8r. blink.gif
Max

#2 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 14 May 2005 - 01:16 PM

I don't think you have much to worry about if you got 90% overall in the prelim. blink.gif
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#3 super_diva <3!

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 04:50 PM

The only thing i'm slightly worried about is the short essay...just because we don't know for sure what the topics going to be on.

The language department at my school seem to think Health maybe on the cards, unsure.gif and also maybe hobbies as it's never been a topic before.

Suppose we'll have to just wait and see what happens on the day biggrin.gif

#4 *Etoile*

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 10:34 PM

yeah our teacher's bet is on television/internet etc. as it has never come up.
I'm so worried about biology that I can't even think about french. Hope if it all goes wrong i can appeal but i know my teacher would be so disappointed.
anyway Good Luck for tuesday!

#5 super_diva <3!

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 09:19 AM

Lol! I hope your teachers bet doesn't come up! I don't have an essay on that, I wouldn't have clue what to write at all!

Good luck for tomorrow!

#6 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 09:25 AM

You'll be fine, honestly. Last year the Higher was a bloody nightmare. The listening was so fast it was terrifying. So they'll probably have slowed it down a bit because everyone's complained about it. You lucky people you.

I thought it was hard last year and still managed to get an A. Just relax. All you need to do studying wise is look through the essays and directed writings that you've done and maybe have a quick flick through all your grammar and you're sorted.

There's not much you CAN do for French. I'm doing the AH on Tuesday and I've done nothing so far.

Which reminds me. Must go study.

#7 Amna

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 10:45 AM

Our teacher said it might be on health to!IS everyone learning essays for the exam 2moro?Iv not done much-kinda scared now

#8 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm in second year at Glasgow Yewnee studying Biology Type Things... haven't decided on my actual degree subject yet... someone wanna choose for me??

Posted 16 May 2005 - 11:49 AM

I'm gonna study Directed Writing as that's what I'm good at. Is there a chance that there could be one about a French person comes to stay with you? If that comes up I'm in trouble!

I'm gonna learn most of my essays. I think I would be okay if leisure or health came up, just have to cross my fingers and pray!
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.

#9 super_diva <3!

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE(Amna @ May 16 2005, 10:45 AM)
Our teacher said it might be on health to!IS everyone learning essays for the exam 2moro?Iv not done much-kinda scared now

View Post

I'm just looking over them and trying to remember the main points i've written in each essay, so not alot of revision for the essays really. smile.gif

I've done more for Directed Writing tbh, because I think that's a bit more important than the Short Essay ( more marks and all that ) I've just written down set things for most of the scenarios that I think could come up and learned those. Hopefully it'll be something good like a work one biggrin.gif

#10 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 16 May 2005 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE(Lindsay @ May 16 2005, 10:25 AM)
You'll be fine, honestly.  Last year the Higher was a bloody nightmare. The listening was so fast it was terrifying.  So they'll probably have slowed it down a bit because everyone's complained about it.  You lucky people you.

I thought it was hard last year and still managed to get an A.

View Post

I agree. However, apart from the listening it was pretty easy. Not that I didn't work hard to get an A though!

Edit: That was my 1,000th post! w00t.gif stuart.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Edited by bred, 16 May 2005 - 05:48 PM.

Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#11 super_diva <3!

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 04:07 PM

As long as teh listening isn't too fast (like last years blink.gif ) or the person doesn't whistle when they say their S's so I get distracted then I think the listening should be OK biggrin.gif

Congrats on your 1000th tongue.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users