Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Good? Bad? Ugly? - HSN forum - Page 2

Good? Bad? Ugly?

33 replies to this topic

#21 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE(Dave @ May 14 2005, 09:06 AM)
Why down with Microsoft well....

They destroy small business, small business that i may be employed by in say 7 years

They steal ideas and pretend they are there own. For example longhorn, when what i saw of the conference its an exact copy of the new Mac 10.4 OS at least as far as the interface and all the new apps related to the interface

View Post

The big bad world of capitalism, eh Dave? tongue.gif

#22 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 14 May 2005 - 12:13 PM

No no just a dirty business man

here is an example. MS have no experience or skill in the anti-virus ultility industry, so they buy up a company that does

from bbc website

Romanian software company, GeCAD Software, was bought in 2003 to develop Microsoft's own anti-virus and anti-spyware software

Sickening if you ask me

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#23 coca

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • Interests:Programming and gaming<br /><br />http://coca-123.bebo.com

Posted 14 May 2005 - 09:53 PM

I think their corporate strategies are excellent!

What's wrong with their software? Most of it is top notch in my opinion tongue.gif

Yeah, copying Tiger was a bit low, but what can y'do?
<MrBob> I hate Uni. At least in film studies we get to talk about Fight Club.
<@X-Factor> Wouldnt you be breaking the first 2 rules?

#24 Dave

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 09:54 PM

well you can sue for a start

#25 coca

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • Interests:Programming and gaming<br /><br />http://coca-123.bebo.com

Posted 14 May 2005 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE(Dave @ May 14 2005, 10:54 PM)
well you can sue for a start

View Post

Heh, good point biggrin.gif

They might edit it before the final build though!
<MrBob> I hate Uni. At least in film studies we get to talk about Fight Club.
<@X-Factor> Wouldnt you be breaking the first 2 rules?

#26 Moral Fabric

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Well, i love music, I play guitar as a pass time and muck about on drums, I like funk, punk, rock etc etc the list goes on. <br />Hopefully going to Uni this year, Strathclyde Business School, look out for me =P<br />what other interests,... hmm... got lots, but cant remember =D.... later

Posted 18 May 2005 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE(CrAiG @ May 13 2005, 06:11 PM)

ugly biggrin.gif
'mon the PS2

#27 Moral Fabric

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Well, i love music, I play guitar as a pass time and muck about on drums, I like funk, punk, rock etc etc the list goes on. <br />Hopefully going to Uni this year, Strathclyde Business School, look out for me =P<br />what other interests,... hmm... got lots, but cant remember =D.... later

Posted 18 May 2005 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE(ermdeviation @ May 14 2005, 12:26 PM)
QUOTE(Dave @ May 14 2005, 09:06 AM)
Why down with Microsoft well....

They destroy small business, small business that i may be employed by in say 7 years

They steal ideas and pretend they are there own. For example longhorn, when what i saw of the conference its an exact copy of the new Mac 10.4 OS at least as far as the interface and all the new apps related to the interface

View Post

The big bad world of capitalism, eh Dave? tongue.gif

View Post

letting the side down dave-ie boy lmao laugh.gif

#28 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 07:02 PM

I agree with Dave, but at the same time, you have to admit that MS have very shrewd business minds. They are very smart in what they do but I dont like their abuse of power.
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#29 Moral Fabric

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE(Discogirl17 @ May 18 2005, 08:02 PM)
I agree with Dave, but at the same time, you have to admit that MS have very shrewd business minds. They are very smart in what they do but I dont like their abuse of power.

View Post

that was sarcasim biggrin.gif

#30 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 07:05 PM

I know

#31 Moral Fabric

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE(Discogirl17 @ May 18 2005, 08:05 PM)
I know

View Post

excellent blink.gif

#32 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 07:56 PM

Your funny

#33 Dave

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 10:12 PM

i understand that perhaps the computing industry wouldnt be as profitable as it is if it was not for MS.

Without MS we wont have such compatibilty, we would all be used diff operating systems and different character sets so no-one could really big money from software as there market would be very niche

#34 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 18 May 2005 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE(Moral Fabric @ May 18 2005, 07:59 PM)
QUOTE(CrAiG @ May 13 2005, 06:11 PM)

ugly biggrin.gif
'mon the PS2

View Post

No...'mon the PS3! tongue.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users