Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
What to study... - HSN forum

What to study...

10 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin_Kilbane

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 02:34 PM

Ive studied half of the course but with 4 days to go, I need to know what I really should be covering.

So, can anyone give me any help on what to study?

Ive thought:

Lithosphere - Coasts/Glaciation

Development and Health/RLD - Same as every year.

The rest: HELPP unsure.gif

#2 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 06:31 PM

Hydrosphere's been on a rotational basis from OS MAP question to NON OS Map question every year since 1995. And if this pattern is kept it's a hydrosphere OS Map question.
Mark

#3 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 11 May 2005 - 07:25 PM

Take a look at the following thread:

http://www.hsn.uk.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=2112

Decide what areas you have the least knowledge and concentrate on them.

I'm not going to stick my neck out and say which questions will be more likely to come up than others though.

Edited by bred, 14 January 2006 - 12:27 PM.

Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#4 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 07:37 PM

Sparky, I disagree with the map question being a hydrosphere question - I think it will be coasts.

I think coasts will definetely be in paper one, because if it isn't it will be in paper two (Rural Land Resources) and it will be easier for the people who do the other optional units (apart from Rural Land Resources) to pass the exam, therefore I think the coast question will be in paper one. There is a good chance it could be an OS question.

My teacher thinks there definetely will be a coast question.

#5 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 03:42 PM

For population the advantages/disadvantages to the receiving and leaving countries hasn't came up in ages!
Mark

#6 nina

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 08:24 PM

crap i dont know, how to identify coastal features on maps!

#7 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 14 May 2005 - 08:34 PM

The key should be adequately useful. However, if you've got any specific questions then ask.
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#8 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 09:46 AM

Unfortunately, I will not be online after c.7PM this evening but hopefully someone else will be able to respond to any last minute questions.

#9 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 12:28 PM

I don't know if they'd go for an OS Map as it's the first time it's asked. More likely I would think there will be a diagram of a coastal area, and it'll be along the lines of "pick two and explain their formation"
Mark

#10 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:My interests

Posted 15 May 2005 - 02:44 PM

With OS map questions you could see the headlands sticking out and the bays in between the outcrops (Bays may say something like "Woodland Bay"). You could also see beaches and groynes to suggest longshore drift. Stacks would be tiny circular shapes just off the coast. Some other features, e.g cave, may just say "Something Cave." However, I would still prefer a glaciation or river OS map questin because I am mre used to it. If we do get a general coast question there may be good chance that more people do badly in it and therefore the cut-off marks will be lowered.

#11 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 02:46 PM

We got out a coastal OS Map in class and went over the features. You could also see cliffs, and a wave cut platform ( look for the bare rock symbols).

Certainly a rivers OS Map question is what the pattern of past papers suggests!

Mark

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users