Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
How hard will this years maths paper/exam be? - HSN forum - Page 2

How hard will this years maths paper/exam be?

75 replies to this topic

#21 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 03:15 PM

I think this years Higher Maths paper will be harder than last years. I'm absolutely certain.
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#22 JiLL

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 03:17 PM

o thats definetly reassuring!! (not)
beast

#23 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 03:18 PM

On the plus side, trying to reassure you, it was pish easy last year
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#24 Amna

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 03:27 PM

uh-oh im scared now sad.gif

#25 gary

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 03:27 PM

I hate all this rubbish how can anyone know how hard a paper wil be.

An example of this comes from English many people said this years credit reading was the hardest ever and that meant the higher reading would be turns out it was very fair.

They are not going to make it impossible its not like there will be 10 A questions or anything they have to keep a standard.

#26 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 03:33 PM

Lets be honest no one knows what's in the paper! So no one knows how easy/hard it will be.

Certainly it won't stray too much away from the difficulty of the recent past papers. The hardest past paper is the 2000 which drew a great amount of outrage - so it's probably the "hardest" paper if you want to look at it that way!

Mark

#27 dfx

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 03:44 PM

If you really wanna know what a hard paper is, we were doing stuff from 1986/87. HOMAGAWD that is hardcore heavy duty shit I tell you. It sort of seems to maintain a nice balance around 95-97 ish, and then 2000 onwards is relatively just a joke man, its totally pish. I really think Im gonna ditch the leckie n leckie ones and give the real old ones a go if this is whats being predicted... sad.gif

#28 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 03:46 PM

I do AH Maths, and we are doing CSYS studies papers from 1970's to the recent one's. Even the questions testing the basic content back then are hard! smile.gif

I certainly wouldn't go to far back in the old past papers - generally speaking the stuff that comes up is more like the recent ones.
Mark

#29 gary

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 04:58 PM

They would not get away with making the paper so much harder like the old ones considering they were like four hours long combined. People are reay taking it too far.

They could as easily just make the paper easier.

#30 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 14 May 2005 - 05:00 PM

the older papers are from a different era where that level was the norm so people wouldnt have found them as difficult

i agree with gary though give this predictin rubbish a rest and spend all yoru time doing as many different questions as you can because they can only ask you what you have been taught.

Last year there was one quetion i just couldnt get my head around but i still ended up with a band 1

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#31 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:My interests

Posted 14 May 2005 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE(Dave @ May 14 2005, 05:00 PM)
the older papers are from a different era where that level was the norm so people wouldnt have found them as difficult

i agree with gary though give this predictin rubbish a rest and spend all yoru time doing as many different questions as you can because they can only ask you what you have been taught.

Last year there was one quetion i just couldnt get my head around but i still ended up with a band 1

View Post

Do they tell you your band in the certificate in aug?

#32 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 14 May 2005 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE(YIC @ May 14 2005, 06:14 PM)
Do they tell you your band in the certificate in aug?

View Post

Nope, you're center/school will have that. The SQA also send your school your actual exam marks for some subjects, such as Higher English.

#33 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 14 May 2005 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE(ally @ May 14 2005, 06:16 PM)
The SQA also send your school your actual exam marks for some subjects, such as Higher English.

View Post

Do you know what other exams they are doing that for this year?
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#34 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE(bred @ May 14 2005, 06:24 PM)
Do you know what other exams they are doing that for this year?

View Post

Erm... probably the same as last year, although it could be more subjects; not sure.

The subjects they did it for last year were:

Higher Art
Higher Computing
Higher English
Higher Geography
Higher Information Systems
Higher Media Studies
Higher Modern Studies
AH Biology
AH English
AH History
AH Modern Studies

#35 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 14 May 2005 - 05:37 PM

always foudn it funyn that what they did for Higher they didnt do for Advanced higher

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#36 tupacshakur

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 05:47 PM

so basically what u guys are saying is that the 2000 Higher Maths paper is considered the hardest from the past years (2000-2004)

I actually found it not that hard doing the 2000 pastpaper questions, thats a good sign right?

(please canna get an answer)
user posted image

WWE RAW IS WAR

#37 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE(Dave @ May 14 2005, 06:37 PM)
always foudn it funyn that what they did for Higher they didnt do for Advanced higher

View Post

eh?

#38 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:My interests

Posted 14 May 2005 - 05:58 PM

I think Dave is talking about the idea that you don't get two of the same subject for diff levels...actually, now looking at it I am not sure unsure.gif

#39 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 06:01 PM

Hmm... Modern Studies? blink.gif

#40 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 14 May 2005 - 06:03 PM

And English.
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users