Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Human Bio Help - HSN forum

Human Bio Help

3 replies to this topic

#1 HatingHighers

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 08:00 PM

Question: Why, after an impulse has been transmitted across a synapse, does the neurotransmitter have to be removed?

Is the answer: If it wasn't removed, the triggering and frequency of impulses could not be controlled. e.g. You would not be able to distinguish between soft/loud music, mild/severe pain

Any help appreciated :-)

Also..."Define Chunking"

Is it: Amalgamating several small items of information into fewer, larger groups of information.

#2 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 06:32 PM

i think - though its not 100% definite - that the first answer is along the right lines.

& as for the second one, you're right on that one
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#3 Secluded Fears

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 03:45 PM

Last week our teacher gave us this 'little' revision booklet containing everything he thinks we should revise....there's LOADS of it.
He gave us around 50 essay sub topics, quite a lot the way I see it. blink.gif

#4 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm in second year at Glasgow Yewnee studying Biology Type Things... haven't decided on my actual degree subject yet... someone wanna choose for me??

Posted 13 May 2005 - 01:23 PM

You're lucky that you got something like that! This is the first year that my school has run the Human Bio course so everyone is just finding their feet. I did 'normal' biology last year so i decided to do Human for a skive but it's been hard!

By the way both your answers are right I think but removing neurotransmitters also ensures fine control of the nervous system.
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users