Posted 24 January 2004 - 05:57 PM
Posted 27 March 2004 - 04:47 PM
A: Am I correct in saying this is -32768 to 32767 ( as it needs 1 16bit value for 0?)
In the perfect papers book it says its -32768 to 32768, but then their would be no value for 0 surely?
This was in a past paper, only it was 8 bits, and the SQA said the answer was -128 to 127, so I take it the perfect papers answer is wrong.
If someone could post to back me up, to make sure I am not making a cod of this
Posted 31 March 2004 - 04:54 PM
Yeah, you're right.
An easy way to calculate the range of possible values in two's complement is:
Range = 2^(n-1)-1 to 2^(n-1)
where n is the number of bits used to represent a number.
Hope this helps - it takes away the need to think about it (which is always nice)!
Looking for a Maths tutor in West Lothian? Just PM me!
Posted 13 April 2004 - 09:39 PM
I have loads of practice questions I can type up but they are final exam prep practice questions. Still want them??If u do please tell me!
Posted 14 April 2004 - 07:31 PM
Posted 14 April 2004 - 08:33 PM
Posted 24 April 2004 - 07:31 PM
We are doing all the older past papers from 1992 - 1999! Thank god we didn't sit this higher - looking at some the questions we can't do - they look quite complex!!
Posted 25 April 2004 - 10:57 AM
Posted 25 April 2004 - 03:16 PM
Have you been doing any older past papers? We have really only been doing the AI section as its not changed much!
ie: More PROLOG q's to practice!
Posted 28 April 2004 - 10:11 PM
Posted 29 April 2004 - 08:13 PM
Ive been so busy throughout this week!
Posted 19 May 2004 - 07:22 PM
Posted 21 May 2004 - 06:30 PM
1) You are given a picture to scan into your computer. The picture is 3 inches by 2 inches and is to be scanned at 600dpi. The picture is in colour and will be scanned in true colour(32bit). That is the amount of storage needed?
2) Explain the stored program concept
3) You are asked to write a program to find the average of 6 numbers. What is the best way of storing the numbers and why.
3b) Assuming you use the concept of modularity what types of parameter passing will you use for the numbers
4) What is the difference between a fixed and a conditional loop
5) Explain the terms alpha testing and beta testing
If i am not here i am somewhere else
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users