Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Help!!! Quick - HSN forum

Help!!! Quick

1 reply to this topic

#1 dan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 09:56 AM

This is not a specific question but an area i find difficult. I jus cnt work out optimzation questions like wrk out the surface area or show that...
I can wrk out part b) but not a
Wot should i do?
Help!!!
Thnx

#2 AndyW

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 10:09 AM

Firstly, you should already know how to calculate the areas of a rectangle, circle and right-angled triangle. I don't think any shapes more complicated than that come up. Look at the object and determine which face is made from which shape, and add them together. You may then need to re-arrange the equation slightly to get it in the form shown in the exam paper.

Differentatiating the function will then give you the turning point(s), in the same way that differentiating a curve does.

Have a look at some of the solutions on http://www.mathsrevision.com/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users