Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
18 school days... - HSN forum

18 school days...

27 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin_Kilbane

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 04:36 PM

Come tomorrow, I will have 18 school days left.

What a crap year. It seemed to have dragged in really slowly, but I can't believe its just about over.

13 years of school ending in 18 days time - shock and happiness.

#2 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 17 April 2005 - 06:35 PM

Its supposed to be 18 days for me but I am moving to Kirkcaldy a week on Friday so I don't know how many days of the last two weeks I will miss. My dad has said he can drive me in to school though so I'll come in for a few of those days, Tuesdays are probably most important for me.
It is quite an event after going to school for almost all our lives, it will be over. At the moment I'm not feeling sorry though. It's time to move on to become an adult rather than sharing a school with people that are mostly half as developed - both physically and intellectually.
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#3 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 17 April 2005 - 07:03 PM

I think I've got about 18 days left, too. And it's totally weird.

I really looked forward to 6th year, and at the beginning it was pretty fun but after a few weeks it became uber boring. I really want to leave but I'll miss school. And I'll miss the people that I'll never see again (even though I don't even like half of them).

I've become SO apathetic towards schoolwork and 6th year duties.. it all seems so trivial.

Can't wait for Muck-Up day though!! ;P
@

#4 Kevin_Kilbane

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 07:28 PM

Im ready to move on too.

New things, new people.

Should be good, better than school anyday...

#5 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 07:46 PM

Yeah it's come to a point where I'm ready to move on too.

I'll look forward to uni, but it's still quite surreal that that's school finally over!
Mark

#6 superstar

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 08:20 PM

All i can say is thank god! I really h8 school and i just wake up every morning, think about going to skool and want to doze off again! It really is an incentive just to go back to sleep!
I cant wait to meet new people n b treated less like a kid!
I am definately more than ready to move on!

#7 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 17 April 2005 - 09:23 PM

in a way it's sad and i'll miss things about school (mr inglis tongue.gif omg broughy!!! how amazing is mr inglis!!!!)but it's definitely time to move on. let the good times roll as the merry people say.
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#8 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 17 April 2005 - 09:27 PM

is mr inglis a french teacher by any chance

Very extovert french teacher

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#9 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 09:35 PM

french teacher indeed! a damn good one aswell. he made french really enjoyable for the 4 years i had him biggrin.gif hes damn sexy too!

i wouldn't say he's extrovert though...
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",

#10 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 17 April 2005 - 10:21 PM

maybe he not the one i thinking of

there wa a Mr Inglis was my S2 french teacher and he left with i went into S3 or 4

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#11 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE(lesley @ Apr 17 2005, 10:23 PM)
in a way it's sad and i'll miss things about school (mr inglis  tongue.gif omg broughy!!! how amazing is mr inglis!!!!)but it's definitely time to move on. let the good times roll as the merry people say.

View Post

yep, mr inglis was rather kewl. never had him as a teacher, other than one or 2 days miss hutcheson (oh yes, i had her for standard grade german) was off. oh, & mr inglis only came to our school mid-way through when i was in s3.

leaving school is the best thing ever though, i was definitely glad to leave by the end of 6th year. be warned though, the novelty of uni soon wears off - by the time you get to christmas, you'll feel the same way you do now, when you wake up in the morning & go "noooooo" when you realise its a weekday. but the initial "ooooh uni" thing is good at first. & leaving school, well, yeah its sad, & i still do miss things about it (the music department for one thing, & the teacher i had for physics in 5th & 6th year), but its amazing how quickly you adapt. i so can't believe its a year since i was leaving - feeling old now!
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#12 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 11:07 AM

I think I've fifteen days left. There's one week where we're off Monday and Tuesday then it's the election on Thursday.

Excited? Me?

I cannot wait.

#13 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 18 April 2005 - 11:09 AM

I can't wait aswell. School is really crappy at the moment. And some people are starting to piss me off.

So can't wait to get to uni and meet new people and start my course. smile.gif

It is quite weird though that we're 'adults' now.

#14 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE(broughy @ Apr 17 2005, 11:34 PM)
yep, mr inglis was rather kewl. never had him as a teacher, other than one or 2 days miss hutcheson (oh yes, i had her for standard grade german) was off. oh, & mr inglis only came to our school mid-way through when i was in s3.

View Post

miss hutcheson mad.gif i packed up like 2 minutes ealrly and she made me recite the etre verb or something like that sad.gif oh and i was never the bright child of the day mad.gif

someone said today that we only have 24 days, including weekend, left.. biggrin.gif
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",

#15 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE(ally @ Apr 18 2005, 11:09 AM)
I can't wait aswell. School is really crappy at the moment. And some people are starting to piss me off.

So can't wait to get to uni and meet new people and start my course. smile.gif

It is quite weird though that we're 'adults' now.

View Post

I'm not going to be an adult until I'm married and have babies. I have the mentality of a two year old. biggrin.gif

#16 Icemaiden

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:Mwahahahaha!Attempting to dominate the world.

Posted 18 April 2005 - 06:06 PM

Noooooooo.....I don't want to leave!!I'll miss people....ie my chem teacher n me guidance teacher,lol I'll also miss other people 2.

Huggles

Ice maiden
http://icemaiden04.deviantart.com

I'm a nutter in need of a new home (any offers?!? :P)

Cornish Pasty Pixie

"Its a new dawn,its a new day,its a new life for me....and i'm feeling good" -->Muse,Feeling good

#17 Kevin_Kilbane

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE(broughy @ Apr 17 2005, 10:34 PM)

leaving school is the best thing ever though, i was definitely glad to leave by the end of 6th year. be warned though, the novelty of uni soon wears off - by the time you get to christmas, you'll feel the same way you do now, when you wake up in the morning & go "noooooo"

View Post

Do you think you've made the wrong course/uni choice?

Or do the majority of students experience this?

#18 George

Child Prodigy

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE(Kevin_Kilbane @ Apr 19 2005, 04:35 PM)

View Post

I wasn't really sick of school this time last year, but I suppose I was ready for a change. Uni did seem different to begin with, but eventually you just get used to it being different and get into a new routine. At least, that's my experience smile.gif

#19 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 05:20 PM

QUOTE(Kevin_Kilbane @ Apr 19 2005, 04:35 PM)

View Post

i definitely don't think i went to the wrong uni. i really do like the actual uni itself. i do have "i wish i'd moved away from home" moments every so often, but thats mainly just me wondering what it'd be like not to have parents around all the time. but this time last year, i really couldn't have contemplated moving away, starting uni was scary enough as it was! plus, i really like glasgow as a city, nowhere compares to it for me, so staying at home was the right thing to do.

i do, however, quite regularly doubt that i'm doing the right course. i think everyone does sometimes though, if they tell you otherwise their either lying, or are totally amazing at the subject they're studying. but at 2am, when you've been up since 7, & you're still struggling through that report thats due for the next day, you're not human if you don't have some doubts! everyone will tell you that uni is hard work. you won't believe them now - i didn't. but it is. its like all things though, if it was easy, it wouldn't be worth doing cos everyone would be doing it! & i'm hanging on to this shaky belief that it'll be worth it in the end.....
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#20 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 06:47 PM

Yeh think about it. Its the same with Highers. The teachers say its hard and u'll have to work but you don't believe them but guess what, they are hard. I am struggling to choose a uni course. The deadline I set myself is tomorrow so I'll have to make a choice now.

I want to leave school and go to uni but I don't want my friends to leave me. One of them is going to uni in Edinburgh which is quite near but one is off to America mad.gif .

I'll miss some of the teachers but not many. Most of all I'll miss those casual acquaintances that I never got to make friends with, those who I connected with but didnt get their mobile numbers, those I lost connact with and always meant to make up with. I'll miss this era of my life.
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users