Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
SAAS Help... - HSN forum - Page 2

SAAS Help...

101 replies to this topic

#21 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 09:45 PM

i think you need to send proof you've actually got a place - i sent a copy of a ucas final confirmation letter for that, although the day after i sent it off, i got a proper confirmation letter from the uni!
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#22 Kevin_Kilbane

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 09:52 PM

What about birth certificates etc?

#23 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 05:25 PM

nope, i never sent anything like that. i'm sure there's a section of the application that tells you what information you need to send with it, is there not?
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#24 Kevin_Kilbane

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 05:41 PM

What did you send?

It sayings nothing for tution fees only..

#25 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 08:02 PM

i've got a loan though, so i wasn't just applying for tution fees. i had to send the confirmation of my place, along with my dad's p60 i believe it was, as proof of parental income
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#26 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 07:12 PM

Broughty when did you reply to the SAAS? Strathclyde don't send you anything in until the registering I think! Do I just wait til then?
Mark

#27 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 10:33 PM

i sent away my saas form around this time last year - strathclyde will probably send you a letter confirming your place, with full course details, details of tution fees, etc, on it. i didn't get this till after i sent it away though, so i sent a photocopy of the top part of my ucas final acceptance letter with it.
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#28 JiLL

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 06:07 PM

Well i am in 5th year at the mo and hoping to leave school in June to go to Uni in September/October time!

So would i apply for an SAAS form eventhough i have only got conditional offers from the Uni's and i have not even sat my highers yet!?!

Any answers soon would be much appreciated

cheers ! smile.gif

beast

#29 Kevin_Kilbane

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 06:19 PM

Do you not feel you are a bit young to go to Uni?

Im glad I stayed for 6th year because I am a more mature person and feel ready for Uni. If I went after 5th I wouldnt have been ready for it, both socially and mentally.

#30 JiLL

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 06:56 PM

No i would say i am mature for my age and i went to the open days and seemed to fit in really well with the other students!

Anyway both mu sisters did it and they have now got excellent degrees, ones a dentist and one is a journalist! Oyeh and my other friends seemed to have coped so whoz saying that i cant!! eh? smile.gif
beast

#31 Kevin_Kilbane

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE(Jillz @ Apr 20 2005, 06:56 PM)
No i would say i am mature for my age and i went to the open days and seemed to fit in really well with the other students!

Anyway both mu sisters did it and they have now got excellent degrees, ones a dentist and one is a journalist!  Oyeh and my other friends seemed to have coped so whoz saying that i cant!! eh? smile.gif

View Post

Its not a dig, its just that when I got my results in 5th year I was advised to go to Uni.

However, I felt that I was not mature enough to go and did not have the social skills.

6th year has made me more mature and Glasgow said they prefer 6th year students, but thats another area wink.gif rolleyes.gif tongue.gif

#32 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE(Jillz @ Apr 20 2005, 07:07 PM)
Well i am in 5th year at the mo and hoping to leave school in June to go to Uni in September/October time!

So would i apply for an SAAS form eventhough i have only got conditional offers from the Uni's and i have not even sat my highers yet!?!

Any answers soon would be much appreciated

cheers ! smile.gif

View Post

are you leaving school after exams, or going back till you get your results through? if its the first, i'd say you can apply now if you want - there's 6th years who'll only have conditional offers aswell remember. but if you're going back till results come through, i'd wait till you know you actually have a place.
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#33 JiLL

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 05:39 PM

cheers broughy, yeh i'll probs end up going back till i find out my results!

biggrin.gif
beast

#34 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm in second year at Glasgow Yewnee studying Biology Type Things... haven't decided on my actual degree subject yet... someone wanna choose for me??

Posted 21 April 2005 - 05:42 PM

Are the SAAS forms not supposed to be returned by 13th of May? I just got mjine yesterday so maybe you shoudl just ask a teacher!

As for the going to Uni after 5th year I really wish I'd had the guts to just go for it and apply. Academically, I think 6th year has been a bit of a waste of time, for me anyway. What course is it that you're wanting to do?
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.

#35 JiLL

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 07:49 PM

Heya

Yeh i have got conditionals for Strathclyde Business School and Business Economics at Glasgow! I would much prefer to go to Stathclyde tho as u can c wot i said above! lol

What r u going to do purple stars?
beast

#36 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE(xpurple_starsx @ Apr 21 2005, 06:42 PM)
Are the SAAS forms not supposed to be returned by 13th of May? I just got mjine yesterday so maybe you shoudl just ask a teacher!

View Post

nope. there's an unofficial deadline, but as long as you get it in sometime before september its fine, it just might take a bit longer
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#37 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 23 April 2005 - 11:59 AM

Hey, what's the link for the SAAS application form? I would much prefer to do it online. But I doubt it need to be filled in until it's confirmed that I am indeed going to university.

#38 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 23 April 2005 - 12:11 PM

The final closing date is June 30th but it says you should aim to send the application away by May 13th.
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#39 Kevin_Kilbane

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 03:44 PM

I got my SAAS Award today.

Only applied for tution fees, but that was rather quick considering I sent it away on Monday.

#40 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE(bred @ Apr 23 2005, 01:11 PM)
The final closing date is June 30th but it says you should aim to send the application away by May 13th.

View Post

its not really. i know people who, when they went to register at uni in September, didn't have an award notice. the uni's give you until november to get one before holding you responsible for paying for your course
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users