Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
SAAS Help... - HSN forum

SAAS Help...

101 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin_Kilbane

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 10:35 PM

Dont know if this is the right forum, but I have got a problem with my SAAS form.

Its to do with Student Income.

Basically, I am getting money off my parents so do I include that? I won't be working and I have a little amount of savings so I do include this?

Help!

#2 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 13 April 2005 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE(Kevin_Kilbane @ Apr 13 2005, 11:35 PM)
Dont know if this is the right forum, but I have got a problem with my SAAS form.

Its to do with Student Income.

Basically, I am getting money off my parents so do I include that? I won't be working and I have a little amount of savings so I do include this?

Help!

View Post

yeh u include ur parents income if ur stil gona be living at home. Otherwise u dont. Your bursary is based on your parents income, if they earn over 30000 i think it is, then u get nufn, but below that and u'l get summin...under 10000 and u get the maximum bursary of 2150.

Loans are open to all students (not dependant on parental income), but the higher the bursary available to you, the smaller the loan available to you and vice versa.

I think thats all u need to kno....if theres more, i'l post it in due course!

Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#3 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 04:10 PM

if your parents are going to be specifically giving you money towards travel, books, general living etc, don't include that under student income. when you get your award notice through in the post (which tells you how much of a loan/bursary you'll get & & confirming that they'll pay your tution fees), you'll notice on the back of the sheet at the top, that there's a note of how much of a contribution your parents are expected to make. in other words, SAAS assume you'll get a certain amount of money off your parents, if their income is over a certain amount. if your parents plan on giving you more than this, just make sure they don't see the back of the award notice!! nah, i found that the parental contribution i'm getting (home, food, phone, tv, internet connection etc) was worth more over the year than they calculated they parental contribution to be, but thats all i get from my parents - no handouts in cash!
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#4 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 06:23 PM

Is there any set time when your meant to fill out the SAAS form?
Mark

#5 Kevin_Kilbane

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 07:21 PM

I got it back saying I would only include interest on savings but my savings are below 975, so I cannot include any interest.

Another question:

I am only applying for tution fees, no loan or bursary. What do I send away with the form?

Also, I put that in at the part where it says "EU Students: Are you intending to graduate from this course?" NO. Is that the correct answer?

I do intend to graduate but I am a Scottish student, not EU....

#6 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 14 April 2005 - 09:38 PM

I don't have an SAAS form. :/

Should I be worried?
@

#7 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 14 April 2005 - 09:43 PM

i got mine's through my school,tuppence. ask at your school office for forms they will know what your talknig about.
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#8 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 14 April 2005 - 09:49 PM

I find the best way to apply is through their website. This means you can check the status of ur application online at anytime. I applied about this time last year when I finalised my university and course
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#9 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE(sparky @ Apr 14 2005, 07:23 PM)
Is there any set time when your meant to fill out the SAAS form?

View Post

the sooner the better. if you apply now, its one less thing to think of in september
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#10 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 14 April 2005 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE(Kevin_Kilbane @ Apr 14 2005, 08:21 PM)

Also, I put that in at the part where it says "EU Students: Are you intending to graduate from this course?" NO.  Is that the correct answer?

View Post

i wouldnt have done that myself i would have left it blank as its for EU students only

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#11 Kevin_Kilbane

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 11:37 PM

I did leave it blank, but it came up with that.

blink.gif

#12 kitty

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 05:47 PM

ok so im kinda confused does every one have to fill in this form, it is to get your fees paid for or is it more?
i have not been told anything about this at school!!!???

#13 Icemaiden

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:Mwahahahaha!Attempting to dominate the world.

Posted 15 April 2005 - 07:42 PM

Should I not wait to hear anything back from the uni to confirm that they have accepted my firm offer??

Kitty: The school don't tend to tell you anything about SAAS.

Huggles

Ice Maiden
http://icemaiden04.deviantart.com

I'm a nutter in need of a new home (any offers?!? :P)

Cornish Pasty Pixie

"Its a new dawn,its a new day,its a new life for me....and i'm feeling good" -->Muse,Feeling good

#14 Kevin_Kilbane

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 09:22 PM

What should I send off with my form?

#15 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE(Icemaiden @ Apr 15 2005, 08:42 PM)
Should I not wait to hear anything back from the uni to confirm that they have accepted my firm offer??

Kitty: The school don't tend to tell you anything about SAAS.

Huggles

Ice Maiden

View Post

yeah i'd probably wait till you hear something from the uni.

& no, the school tell you nothing about it, but if you're going to uni, you do need to apply - unless you wanna pay over £1000 fees for yourself, which i'm assuming you don't!!
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#16 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 12:49 AM

I haven't got a form I'll get one when I go back to school
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#17 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 07:10 PM

you can do it online, on the saas website. makes it easier in future years aswell, because all your details are stored on the site so you can just check & send when it comes to reapplying!
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#18 Kevin_Kilbane

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 08:13 PM

What did you send away with your application Broughy?

#19 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 08:31 PM

as what? proof of parents income or what? i can't remember the info they ask for!
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#20 Kevin_Kilbane

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 09:03 PM

I don't know...

I don't have a clue what to send, Im only wanting my tution fees paid.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users