Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
What unit do you find the hardest? - HSN forum

What unit do you find the hardest?

7 replies to this topic

#1 oddbins

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:I can't be arsed writing anything here. And I hate writing about myself anyway.

Posted 10 April 2005 - 08:56 PM

For me the hardest unit's unit 1. All that stuff about cells, and DNA replication can be confusing. blink.gif

Unit 3 has it's tough moments too, like succession, whats that about? wink.gif But I generally find it more easier, but thats probably because I had a different teacher teaching me unit 3, who was better at explaining things in a more interesting way. My other teacher tends to rant on a bit, he can be a bit dull at times...

I'm enjoying Unit 2 though, it's far more interesting than the others, well just the genetics bit really, not the stuff about obtaining food, and maintaining water balance. mad.gif

For some strange reason, my school did unit 2 last, I have two teachers, and one taught unit 1 and the other taught unit 3, and they split unit 2. Very wierd, I thought it might be confusing at first, but it doesn't really matter which order you learn things in. wacko.gif

#2 werlop

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • Location:Cambridge (Term Time), Bearsden (Glasgow) Non Term Time

Posted 10 April 2005 - 09:22 PM

I like unit 1 the best, everything is logical. The other units are OK.

I've not done any revision for biology yet ohmy.gif as it is my "easy" subject this year. Well relative to the other subjects anyway!
Click here to visit the Bearsden Academy Website
user posted image

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

#3 oddbins

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:I can't be arsed writing anything here. And I hate writing about myself anyway.

Posted 11 April 2005 - 02:46 PM

Biology is my easiest subject this year too.
Although I do find some of it quite complicated at times, but I think I'll definitely get an A for it, (cross my fingers).
Once I get my head round the hard bits, it all seems so simple... blink.gif smile.gif

#4 Mattz

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 09:02 PM

Bio has always been my instant click subject in terms of Science. I missed an A in the prelim by one mark which I shall remedy by working on my essays.
Unit 1 = Lot to remember, just learn it
Unit 2 = Probably the hardest as you need to be very specific about the stuff in it
Unit 3 = A doddle, it feels like they padded out the course with rubbish towards the end. Succession could be memorised and regurgiated on demand for essays. Hardest part would be IAA and GA

#5 Chünz

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 03:58 PM

I find Unit 2 the hardest because of the genetics and the crosses. It's not that difficult, but out of the three units, it's probably the worst!

Unit 1 and 3 are pretty easy, although the essays can be tough.

#6 Vixus

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE(Mattz @ Apr 20 2005, 09:02 PM)
Bio has always been my instant click subject in terms of Science. I missed an A in the prelim by one mark which I shall remedy by working on my essays.
Unit 1 = Lot to remember, just learn it
Unit 2 = Probably the hardest as you need to be very specific about the stuff in it
Unit 3 = A doddle, it feels like they padded out the course with rubbish towards the end. Succession could be memorised and regurgiated on demand for essays. Hardest part would be IAA and GA

View Post

What he said... IAA/GA and the nutrition/minerals in plants, you have to memorise that.

#7 Chünz

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE(Vixus @ May 10 2005, 06:57 PM)
What he said... IAA/GA and the nutrition/minerals in plants, you have to memorise that.

View Post

Yeah, well the way I remember it is by using a mind map. I have four corners of the page dedicated to each mineral (or the lack of it anyway tongue.gif ).

Then, I draw a plant and what it looks like - chlorotic (yellow) leaves, red bases, long/thin roots etc.

It's really helpful and it's a good way to learn. biggrin.gif

#8 UAE_SOUL

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 03:15 PM

hi,
for me unit 1 is dead easy biggrin.gif ,unit 2 is the most difficult mad.gif (natural selection,speciation..) &unit 3 it's ok smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users