Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Higher Biology on Wednesday! - HSN forum

Higher Biology on Wednesday!

9 replies to this topic

#1 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm in second year at Glasgow Yewnee studying Biology Type Things... haven't decided on my actual degree subject yet... someone wanna choose for me??

Posted 17 May 2004 - 04:17 PM

Anyone else doing Biology this week? Do you need to know about the effect of soil type on the population density of springtails? It came up in my NAB but I know nothing about it!
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.

#2 Emma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 11:23 AM

I'm doing the Biology tomorrow as well, and I'm dreading it. I hope there isn't anyting about the population density of springtails because I don't even know what a springtail is.

Good luck. smile.gif

#3 james1

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 01:12 PM

I'm doing it tomorrow and am looking forward to it.

I might put some answers on the forum if I'm allowed.

#4 james1

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE (xpurple_starsx @ May 17 2004, 04:17 PM)
Anyone else doing Biology this week? Do you need to know about the effect of soil type on the population density of springtails? It came up in my NAB but I know nothing about it!

Are springtails not an indicator species? I would say you need to know about them as the population is dependant on the soil moisture content.

#5 Vixus

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 06:56 PM

I don't think you'd get such an akward question in the exam, and anyway the answer's simple... don't think about the plant itself, the question is about the SOIL.

You've learnt about primary succession right, where the SOIL has never been inhabited before and is thus dry and very empty of nutrients. Secondary succession is where the SOIL has already had something grow on it (an abandoned field for instance) and wild plants take root.

#6 UAE_SOUL

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 02:58 PM

hi.
i think you have to know about it caz it came in last year as expirement

#7 Phoenix

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 06:25 PM

Did anyone actually do the exam today rather than tomorrow? or was that just a typo huh.gif

#8 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 17 May 2005 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE(Phoenix @ May 17 2005, 07:25 PM)
Did anyone actually do the exam today rather than tomorrow? or was that just a typo  huh.gif

View Post

It was a thread from 365 odd days ago! tongue.gif laugh.gif

#9 Phoenix

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 07:45 PM

JESUS!!!!! How stupid can you get! sad.gif

At least i didn't resurrect it myself tongue.gif

#10 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm in second year at Glasgow Yewnee studying Biology Type Things... haven't decided on my actual degree subject yet... someone wanna choose for me??

Posted 17 May 2005 - 07:48 PM

That's scary that one of my posts came back a year later... spoooookyy
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users