Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
The Final exam - HSN forum

The Final exam

23 replies to this topic

#1 Tracy

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Location:Erm..My House, In Tranent, Near Edinburgh, SCOTLAND!
  • Interests:Being me

Posted 07 April 2005 - 10:22 PM

Well if u are sitting there worried about this years exam, dont worry too much as it will be a hell of a lot easier than that of last year. In my school we got a really mean invidulator, because some one wasn't finished printing she pulled the wires from her pc ( in our school we get 10 min extra as we have 1 printer for 20 people! and it has a mind of its own!!)

Our class tried last years practicle paper and i still dont got a clue how to do the third task... and im usually one of the first finished!

Lol... trace x x

#2 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 10:18 AM

hey.. omg she pulled out the wires?! lol that is mean! We had to do last years exam as our prelim.. i was dreadin it but i didnt think that it was THAT bad.. bad yeh but not impossible. I managed to get 65% for the ITFM paper.. i was pretty chuffed, and im doin crash higher - never done any computin in my life! I was the only one in the class who managed to get the spreadsheet question - you know the one about the insurance calculations? how did u get on in ure prelim?

Gill x
user posted image

#3 Tracy

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 11:12 AM

In my prelim... Well considerin i was just home from work expeience in germany for 12 then had my english and admin prelim i thought i did well... i got a top band B! considering i didn't do much study the week before hand and i got a 3 in standard grade i'm well chuffed! Our practical was a revamp of tartan travel. The only question i really struggled with for last years practical was the third one about the report. How did u got on with that?

Our teacher has gave us exemplar knowledge questions... kind of like specimen papers, they come with a full set of answers which make a good set of notes!

#4 AmAnDa

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Interests:Gymnastics, watching TV, listening to music, shopping

Posted 08 April 2005 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE(Tracy @ Apr 7 2005, 10:22 PM)
(in our school we get 10 min extra as we have 1 printer for 20 people! and it has a mind of its own!!)

Lol... trace x x

View Post

Thats like our school. The printing is the worst bit. I just print the things out as soon as I've done it, but I still manage to get caught in the big jam at the end. dry.gif
Our school computers SUCK!! They hardly ever work, and are SOOOO slow, don't have a clue how I managed to finish my prelim in the time we had!!

user posted image
(`'.(`'. .').')
x..*...x....Amanda loves Craig....x...*..x
(.'(.' `'.)`'.)

#5 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 02:26 PM

lol i cant remember? what one was the report? was that not just when we had to put in all together? Lol sorry im not v much help!
user posted image

#6 Tracy

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE(GIllianNs @ Apr 8 2005, 03:26 PM)
lol i cant remember? what one was the report? was that not just when we had to put in all together? Lol sorry im not v much help!

View Post

That was the last task... just the instructions were not very clear.... hence i wient rong

#7 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 08:06 PM

hey! so hows everyone feeling about thursday? Ive hardly done any revision at all yet - just cant get motivated! hows it goin for you all? I wonder if it will be as bad as last years - surely not??!

user posted image

#8 cork screw

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 08:39 PM

Appallingly bad!!

sad.gif

Really difficult doing the written part!!

I so hope the practical part won't be exceeding difficult!! dry.gif

Do you think we'll be doing a letter this year?

#9 Tracy

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 09:47 PM

The SQA cannot afford to make it as hard as they did last year as ther is no way in this world that exam could have been done - only if i had "Bernards Watch" cut as u may have guessed i dont. It was taking teachers nearly 2 HOURS to do and thats what u call rotten coz they know what they are doing!!

#10 Icemaiden

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:Mwahahahaha!Attempting to dominate the world.

Posted 16 May 2005 - 09:59 PM

I'm hoping that its not as hard coz well basically I've hardly done any revision at the mo,due to a certain science subject getting in the way (Biotech which is tomorrow,so aaaahhhhh!!)So looks like tomorrow nite n wednesday will be spent revisin theory.

Huggles

ice Maiden
http://icemaiden04.deviantart.com

I'm a nutter in need of a new home (any offers?!? :P)

Cornish Pasty Pixie

"Its a new dawn,its a new day,its a new life for me....and i'm feeling good" -->Muse,Feeling good

#11 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 08:03 AM

Yeh, its not difficult but there is just so many outsomes to read through which takes ages! What are you most worried about computing or written? Has to be computing for me!
user posted image

#12 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:04 PM

O have you lot heard about last years uproar to the SQA about Admin?
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#13 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 08:14 AM

Yeh, about the paper 2 being far too difficult to manage in the time allocated ??
user posted image

#14 chocolate limes

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 10:43 AM

last years exam was far too difficult for the time allocated!

I think that I finished it in about double the time.

Am really not looking forward to the exam. I am ok about the practical but it is the written paper that i am really worried about!!!!

Any tips??????? unsure.gif
[SIZE=14][SIZE=7][font=Impact]Chocolate Limes

#15 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:05 PM

Sorry I cant really help on revision tips but on general exam tips:
*take some water in
* go to the toilet beforehand
*remain calm

#16 Icemaiden

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 03:06 PM

Its the written bit i'm more concrened about.I'm munching bananas at the mo for brain power,lol.

Huggles

Ice Maiden

Cornish Pasty Pixie

"Its a new dawn,its a new day,its a new life for me....and i'm feeling good" -->Muse,Feeling good

#17 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 03:08 PM

Good luck anyway

#18 Icemaiden

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 04:01 PM

thanks,i'm really going to need it...

Huggles

Ice Maiden

Cornish Pasty Pixie

#19 vikki1987

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 04:14 PM

Just want to say good luck to everyone. I'm hoping the papers easy

#20 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 05:14 PM

so do i! lol! thanks! the paper better be easier than last year anyway! hows everyone feeling?
user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users