Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Photo Thread - HSN forum - Page 4

Photo Thread

321 replies to this topic

#61 Icemaiden

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:Mwahahahaha!Attempting to dominate the world.

Posted 27 May 2005 - 09:40 AM

I love taking photos too.I have loads that I have taken on the PC...but i'm not sure how to upload....

Huggles

Ice Maiden
http://icemaiden04.deviantart.com

I'm a nutter in need of a new home (any offers?!? :P)

Cornish Pasty Pixie

"Its a new dawn,its a new day,its a new life for me....and i'm feeling good" -->Muse,Feeling good

#62 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 09:40 AM

QUOTE(bred @ May 27 2005, 09:24 AM)

There's a fair few people in my year at school that went to West Lothian College this year for Higher Photography - I did Higher Chemistry instead though.

View Post

Yes that is where my friend went (she was in west calder high school) and where i would have gone. pity really, i would have liked to have done the course .... but i like art better. smile.gif

#63 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 27 May 2005 - 09:52 AM

QUOTE(Icemaiden @ May 27 2005, 10:40 AM)
I love taking photos too.I have loads that I have taken on the PC...but i'm not sure how to upload....

Huggles

Ice Maiden

View Post

www.photobucket.com - get an account there and you can upload loads of photos biggrin.gif
Sharon - I go/went to the James Young HS in Livingston but I live in Kirkcaldy now.
Jillz - thank you! smile.gif
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#64 werlop

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • Location:Cambridge (Term Time), Bearsden (Glasgow) Non Term Time

Posted 27 May 2005 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE(bred @ May 27 2005, 10:24 AM)
Is that Loch Lomond in the first one? Do you go hill walking quite often?

View Post

Certainly is. I've done a fair wee bit of walking, did two 50 mile hikes last year over 4 days for the Duke of Edinburgh's award in the RAIN!
Click here to visit the Bearsden Academy Website
user posted image

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

#65 werlop

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • Location:Cambridge (Term Time), Bearsden (Glasgow) Non Term Time

Posted 27 May 2005 - 10:04 AM

user posted image

This is North Cape at the very top of Scandinavia at 3 AM in the morning, the next thing to the north is the North Pole. The photo doesn't really do justice to how the sun looked there.
Click here to visit the Bearsden Academy Website
user posted image

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

#66 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 27 May 2005 - 10:11 AM

Cool - that's quite an achievement! I don't do that much hill walking in Scotland but as I indicated in another thread my holiday in Switzerland two years ago involved a lot of walking! I have been up a few Munros in Scotland - Ben Nevis three times, Ben Lawers, Beinn Ghlas, and Schiehallion.
From the summit of Beinn Ghlas in October 2002, it was about -6°C so there was some thick frost:
user posted image
Summit of Ben Nevis, Easter 2003:
user posted image
A great example of meandering and ox-bow lake from the summit of Schiehallion, October 2004:
user posted image
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#67 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 10:14 AM

V-shaped valley with interlocking spurs in the first one too!

#68 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE(werlop @ May 27 2005, 11:04 AM)
This is North Cape at the very top of Scandinavia at 3 AM in the morning, the next thing to the north is the North Pole. The photo doesn't really do justice to how the sun looked there.

View Post

It is a nice photo and I imagine it was a wonderful feeling to know that what you were looking out at was past the extent of civilisation!

#69 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 10:23 AM

i don't know if this pic will be seen or not - i'm just trying out this photobucket thing. smile.gif

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/Pipi...droomwindow.jpg

it was taken with my older polaroid 4355 camera. i always thought that i should have had a lot more of the sky in this picture and not half and half. unsure.gif

its quite funny cos someone said "oh thats nice - was that taken when you were in south africa?" !!!! laugh.gif

nope. huh.gif it was taken out my bedroom window in early november.

bred, i really like that pic of the stream at the bottom through the clouds (summit of Schiehallion). wink.gif i've got a few photos somewhere of my trip up ben nevis - i'll have to try and find them.

so four munros, eh? i'm doing my fourth (i think) in august sometime i think. biggrin.gif

#70 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 10:27 AM

Lovely colours Sharon. biggrin.gif

#71 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 07:59 PM

This is one of my favourites, taken from the Isère Valley, France in April 2004 on the return to Geneva from Tignes:
user posted image
Here's the HBOS building from Princes Street Gardens in Edinburgh:
user posted image
And zoomed in:
user posted image
smile.gif

#72 Floorball Maniac

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 08:02 PM

What megapixel is you camera because that is amazing zoomed in!

#73 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 08:11 PM

I can get 4MP for up to 10x zoom and I can get 0.3MP on 36x zoom. smile.gif

#74 Floorball Maniac

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 08:14 PM

Pretty cool!

#75 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 09:53 PM

The roof of a dovecot in Crail:

user posted image

An oil rig in the Forth Estuary:

user posted image

Birds enjoying the evening sun:

user posted image

A bare tree contrasts with the clear blue sky:

user posted image

A rabbit sits on the track before darting into the tall grass:

user posted image

#76 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 15 July 2005 - 10:44 PM

mmm a thread to show off ur pics

i wonder now

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#77 AppleCore

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • Interests:Photography but first has to be Mountain Biking!

Posted 15 July 2005 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE(bred @ Jul 15 2005, 10:53 PM)
A bare tree contrasts with the clear blue sky:

user posted image

ive got one that kinda works with that.. ive worked with it to actually kill it.. i think its freeky lol!

taken in Bristol, inside some golf gounds lol.
user posted image

#78 dfx

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 11:41 PM

QUOTE(ermdeviation @ May 27 2005, 11:14 AM)
V-shaped valley with interlocking spurs in the first one too!

View Post

lol damn.. all those features bring back strong memories from Standard Grade.

Only mountain I've climbed is a couple of hills and the Kilimanjaro - tallest freestanding moutain in the world. Though I never quite made it to the top. Its a shame, later on I found out I was only 500 odd metres away.

#79 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:My interests

Posted 16 July 2005 - 10:49 AM

itsmereally, that looks like a horror tree!

#80 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 11:56 AM

QUOTE(Dave @ Jul 15 2005, 11:44 PM)
mmm a thread to show off ur pics

i wonder now

View Post

Make your own thread if you're jealous! Alternatively, if you're not interested in the thread - don't look at it! tongue.gif

Only mountain I've climbed is a couple of hills and the Kilimanjaro - tallest freestanding moutain in the world. Though I never quite made it to the top. Its a shame, later on I found out I was only 500 odd metres away.

Cool! *Is envious* Do you have any photos from that trip? How did you end up there? Did you do it for charity or were you on holiday over there and the idea just took your fancy?

itsmereally, that looks like a horror tree!

I was just thinking the same!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users