Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Photo Thread - HSN forum - Page 3

Photo Thread

321 replies to this topic

#41 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 10:09 PM

I just got a new camera too - 7.1 megapixels. But only 3x optical zoom and 4x digi zoom I think. I shall have to host some photos online somewhere.

#42 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 26 May 2005 - 10:10 PM

Your photos are really good!

I got a digi cam from santa this year, it's nothing special but is enough for me. the flash is far too bright though dry.gif i like having pictures they are good to look back on.
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#43 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 26 May 2005 - 10:15 PM

Thanks oddbins and Lesley. smile.gif I will try to get some more up soonish then but I'm only able to get on the net from my mum's PC for the time being.
Photos are great to look back on. biggrin.gif
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#44 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE(ermdeviation @ May 26 2005, 11:09 PM)
I just got a new camera too - 7.1 megapixels. But only 3x optical zoom and 4x digi zoom I think. I shall have to host some photos online somewhere.

View Post

Laurence, what do you take photos of?

#45 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 10:20 PM

Mainly scenery - I get a quality view accross to Arran from my house and only 5 mins from the beach! A state of excellence occurs when the sun sets behind Arran - I'll try to get a photo of it tomorrow!

Edit: With a "W" boy! With a "W"! tongue.gif laugh.gif

#46 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 10:23 PM

lol! ok....Lawrence!

7.1 megapixels...my camera is 2.1...lol!

#47 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 26 May 2005 - 10:24 PM

You can still get pretty high quality photos from 2.1 megapixels though.
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#48 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 10:26 PM

See what happens when I stopped buying PC Format with the nice ladies on the front? Lol! I stopped buying it when I got a Mac, (2 years ago) and the most up to date camera then was 5 megapixels (and very expensive).

I need to keep up to date with technology better!

#49 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE(ermdeviation @ May 26 2005, 11:20 PM)
Mainly scenery - I get a quality view accross to Arran from my house and only 5 mins from the beach! A state of excellence occurs when the sun sets behind Arran - I'll try to get a photo of it tomorrow!

View Post

That would be nice. smile.gif

Here's some of my sunsets with the 2.1MP CoolPix (and significantly resized):

user posted image

Just before sunset:
user posted image

Some nice lenticular (lens shaped) clouds in this one:
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

And although I've already posted a link to this one I thought I'd show the image itself because it's my favourite - those are mammatus clouds (sorry the quality isn't that great):
user posted image

#50 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 10:29 PM

I took the first three photos on the following page with my 2.1MP CoolPix 775:
http://www.1whitley.co.uk/TWO/02_20Mar05/Autumn_1.htm
smile.gif

#51 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 10:37 PM

That first one is sweet! Now that is scenery.

#52 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 10:44 PM

Thanks. smile.gif

#53 werlop

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • Location:Cambridge (Term Time), Bearsden (Glasgow) Non Term Time

Posted 26 May 2005 - 10:51 PM

user posted image

Took this a while ago while out hill walking, nothing like Brendan's but still looks OK I think.
Click here to visit the Bearsden Academy Website
user posted image

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

#54 oddbins

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:I can't be arsed writing anything here. And I hate writing about myself anyway.

Posted 26 May 2005 - 10:54 PM

I like the bottom pic the best Bred! I like how the clouds are orange/red/purple/blue, cos of the sun. I love the sky when the sun is going down - so many nice colours...

#55 werlop

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • Location:Cambridge (Term Time), Bearsden (Glasgow) Non Term Time

Posted 26 May 2005 - 11:00 PM

Yeh, the bottom pic is gorgous, I'm trying to find a picture of a sunset that I got when I was in America that just looks amazing, but I can't find it sad.gif

Here is another one that I like, I took that when I was down in Cambridge:

user posted image
Click here to visit the Bearsden Academy Website
user posted image

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

#56 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 12:04 AM

thats nice photgraphy there smile.gif i esp. like the photos of the sky which i see you've done a lot of.

i do a little photography. I recently bought a Canon Powershot G6 which has been excellent so far (supposed to be 7 million pixels although i couldn't tell the difference to my 4 million pixel older camera huh.gif ).

might come in useful for the adv higher art next year.

i too like doing the scenery. at school, our artist in residence has been encouraging us to take photos of things (mainy objects) from a strange perspective - although i find this interesting, i don't understand WHY. unsure.gif

in the summer i am going to the art college summer school for a week where i shall be doing a bit on photography i think. can't wait! smile.gif

#57 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 12:15 AM

Did the SQA not offer photography as a course? I'm sure someone told me they done Int 2. Photography! I can't find the course on the SQA website!

#58 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 08:58 AM

QUOTE(Shaun @ May 27 2005, 12:15 AM)
Did the SQA not offer photography as a course?  I'm sure someone told me they done Int 2. Photography!  I can't find the course on the SQA website!

View Post

yes they did - i was going to do it but it clashed with my higher art. i have a pal in a different school who did Higher Photography.

#59 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 09:24 AM

Great photos Werlop! Is that Loch Lomond in the first one? Do you go hill walking quite often?
Thanks oddbins and Sharon!
There's a fair few people in my year at school that went to West Lothian College this year for Higher Photography - I did Higher Chemistry instead though.

#60 JiLL

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 09:38 AM

Brendan- these photos are absolutely stunning! Well done! smile.gif
beast

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users