Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Photo Thread - HSN forum - Page 2

Photo Thread

321 replies to this topic

#21 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:My interests

Posted 22 May 2005 - 10:34 AM

QUOTE(bred @ May 19 2005, 09:32 PM)
Thanks. smile.gif
Ordered a new camera yesterday - Fuji S5500 biggrin.gif
user posted image

View Post

Oh my god, my big brother brother only a few days ago got exactly the same camera (i.e same model) - crazy laugh.gif

My goodness, HSN is always unpredictable

#22 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 22 May 2005 - 11:37 AM

He must be good at choosing wisely as well! wink.gif
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#23 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 24 May 2005 - 07:58 AM

Here's a few more from the new camera, taken two days ago on the road in Fife (not storm-chasing, honest):

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#24 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 10:29 AM

Bred, will they pictures be stored on the hsn forum, they are rather large?
Love the pictures by the way.
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#25 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 10:43 AM

No - he hosts them elsewhere and just links to them here.

#26 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 11:59 AM

I wish I was good at taking pictures.

My bedroom's covered in photos of me and my friends. I have a cracker of Elaine when we were in London. It's quite close up of her, and she looks bored out of her skull. Over her shoulder you can see Big Ben.

I named it, "Where's the hell's the stupid clock anyway?"

They're really good Brendan. smile.gif

#27 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 12:55 PM

Thanks Lindsay. smile.gif

#28 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 01:25 PM

Hi Bred!

Again excellent pictures, I especially like the one with the yellow field! Nice contrast of colour! ...Listen to me, it sounds as if I've done Higher Art! tongue.gif

#29 KhalidBoussouara

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Interests:Hey this is weird cause I've not been here in ages. Been busy with uni and all that. Currently in second year of uni studying medicine. But you probably already knew that anyways.

Posted 24 May 2005 - 03:30 PM

Those are some nice photos you have taken.
MSN: khalid@boussouara.co.uk

#30 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:My interests

Posted 24 May 2005 - 05:07 PM

Yep. They are all really nice. My favourite was the one a the sea. I wonder Bred how you managed to get so close.

#31 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 05:48 PM

Thanks again! For the photo of the seals I went out on some rocks that led into the sea - as far as I could without getting wet - and had the zoom on full optical (10x) - or near enough full.
My avatar of the moon was cut from a photo taken last night on full optical/digital zoom (36x). The photo is therefore only about 7kb but that's good enough for an avatar.
smile.gif

#32 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:05 PM

I'm considering a 3x teleconverter lens on Ebay. Then I would have a serious paparazzi setup with 30x optical zoom and 108x optical/digital zoom!

Edit: Now got a 3.2x teleconverter lens. smile.gif

Edited by bred, 20 January 2006 - 02:39 PM.

#33 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:07 PM

Lol! Bred, are you at all interested in astronomy?

#34 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:09 PM

Erm, not really. Why, are you?

#35 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:10 PM

Yes. Just wondering because you have a picture of the moon!

#36 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:11 PM

Do you have a telescope and stuff then?

#37 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:13 PM

Nope. I'm interested in so many things, but I don't bite the bullet and actually pursue them! I wouldn't know where to begin!

I'm also interested in becoming good at Chess! My computer beats me very quickly...and I even tell it to give me hints blink.gif

I was interested in buying shares, and that's something I've actually pursued. I sent my application form away today for Halifax Share Builder.

#38 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:16 PM

Good luck in the big bad stock market!

#39 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:20 PM

Lol. I'm just gonna have some fun with it the now!

#40 oddbins

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:I can't be arsed writing anything here. And I hate writing about myself anyway.

Posted 26 May 2005 - 10:06 PM

Kool pics. I like the Kelvin-Helmholtz instability thingy, it's kool.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users