Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Human Biology - HSN forum

Human Biology

8 replies to this topic

#1 NatzG

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 02:39 PM

Does any other school's offer human biology? I am doin it as a higher this year but finding the course quite challenging. I done int2 biology last yr but ive not done standard grade. If any1 can be of any help to any parts of the course it would be very much appreciated. Thanx x biggrin.gif

#2 werlop

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • Location:Cambridge (Term Time), Bearsden (Glasgow) Non Term Time

Posted 05 April 2005 - 04:20 PM

Do you know how much of the course is shared with the higher biology course? I can help you with anything that's in "pure" higher biology.

I also learnt some human physiology and anatomy for my interview at Cambridge, I imagine some of this might be in human biology (correct me if I'm wrong), so perhaps I could help with that too.
Click here to visit the Bearsden Academy Website
user posted image

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

#3 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 04:23 PM

i did higher human bio last year, crash higher. got a C for it, but thats due to my own total lack of any studying until the 2 days before the exam - didn't need it, kinda gave up studying for most of 6th year!

anyway, any questions, i'll do my best to help you out!
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#4 kitty

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 04:26 PM

i did human bio last year and got a B i really enjoyed it so ask if there is any simple things you might want sorting out (and i remember it!!) and there is no better offer!!!
i did it last year with no previous biology experience so i did work extra hard in the begining to get used to the language so i would say thats why i did well, i wish i had got an A though because i got that for the second prelim we did in school gggrrr!!! lol
but even if you are struggling now its not too late, past papers (maybe closer to the exams) are really good and re writing your notes in shorter form usually help to bring it back to the top of your mind and are easier to remember when you are in the exam!!!
so go ahead and ask, cant say i will remember it but you never know!!!

#5 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm in second year at Glasgow Yewnee studying Biology Type Things... haven't decided on my actual degree subject yet... someone wanna choose for me??

Posted 05 April 2005 - 04:34 PM

I did Higher Biology last year and got an A for it and I'm doing Human Biology this year (don't ask why... long complicated story involving stoopid teachers!). Anyway I'm finding it a bit tricky but if you have any questions I'll try my best to answer them! It's definitely not too late, what part of the course is it you're finding difficult?
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.

#6 Mattz

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 09:00 PM

I had to laugh when I've pretty much been told that Bio for courses in Medicine is not really a factor as you can "learn it in your first year". Makes you think about what doc's really know huh?
I can only help with what's in the Higher as my school doesn't present for Human Bio.

#7 NatzG

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 07:28 PM

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me with meiosis!! I really don't understand it at all. N e help would be appreciated. Also viruses and the translation of mRNA are also topics i struggle with any help would be kindly appreciated. sad.gif

#8 Chünz

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE(NatzG @ Apr 27 2005, 07:28 PM)
I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me with meiosis!! I really don't understand it at all. N e help would be appreciated. Also viruses and the translation of mRNA are also topics i struggle with any help would be kindly appreciated. sad.gif

View Post

What specific part troubles you?

#9 stephanieyoong

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:About me:<br />Heheh well I'm half jap and half chink ehhe ^^ muh mums jap muh pa is chinese, Im in yr11 doin nerdy subjects ehhe 6 TEE &gt;&lt; ek! I watch the bestest eva flash http://homestarrunner.com ehheh omg sooo good eheheh :P I'm a shorty but i don mind ^^ i like to go out and meet new ppl and for some strange and evil reason muh friends hav suked me into the inevitable JAP CRAZE!!!! ehehhehe so I like naruto ehhe sooooo good heheh I like to play initial D, I like sipping occasionaly on the odd bubble tea, I like to play pool and attempt standard on DDR lol ahha while I watch muh pro 'bros' on it doin heavy like there was no tomolo hehehe....eheh also like to hang in da ct wif muh 2 'bros' and 'sis' ehhe n watchin muh broz breakin in da park ehehhe rockz!! hehe I jus like hanging wif da ppl who rock muh world ^^ ohhhh and I like silvias *drooles* want an s15 [yang]now but I'll settle wif a S13 or S14 ehehhe :P<br /><br />Location:Australia <br /><br />Zodiac Sign:Sagittarius <br /><br />Hometown: Perth, Sth of the river <br /><br />Occupation: stogent <br /><br />Companies: Stefanie &amp; Co. industries <br /><br />Schools:queenies(kindy) R.P.S(primary) WSHS(high school) <br /><br />Affiliations: Xing Shu Clan [ Z ] XD!!!!!!<br /><br />Intrests and Hobbies:<br />Anything goes with me; I like skating, I like mucking round, I like playing pool, I like ddr, I like to just have fun and I like to spend time with muh 'fam' <br /><br />Favorite Books: <br />The Divine Wind, Harry Potter (all of them), Memoirs of a Geisha, Only the heart, The last polar bear, <br /> <br />Favorite Movies: <br />LOTR (all), Walk to remember, the Notebook, Saved, Shaun of the Dead, Mean girls, The butterfly effect, hero, Shark2, pirates of the carribean, erm what else? All the good stuff that make you cry, laugh and love<br /><br />Favorite Music: <br />Dashboard confessional, Trapt, Something For Kate, Switchfoot, System of a down, Namie Amuro, Utada Hikaru, Ayumi Hamasaki, ayu trance, Jay chou, ummm anything I can rock or dance too <br /><br />Favorite TV Shows:<br />Out there, Degrassi, and other quality ABC viewing :P Homestarrunner? Is that a show? It may just be! Oh oh oh and Naruto!!

Posted 01 May 2005 - 05:23 AM

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me with meiosis!! I really don't understand it at all. N e help would be appreciated. Also viruses and the translation of mRNA are also topics i struggle with any help would be kindly appreciated.

Meiosis is the divison of reproductive cells (sperm and ovum).The process results in the production of 4 cells with each having HALF the number of chormosomes that a normal cell has.

well dats basically wat meiosis is so wat part u don get?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users