Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Holidays - where have you been? - HSN forum - Page 3

Holidays - where have you been?

186 replies to this topic

#41 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 09:30 PM

Excellent pictures!

#42 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 06 April 2005 - 10:39 PM

Cheers mate biggrin.gif
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#43 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 12:09 AM

Your welcome smile.gif.

#44 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 08 April 2005 - 10:12 PM

Snout of the Collon Glacier:
user posted image
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#45 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 10:14 PM

Where's the Glacier? Is that all just moraine?

#46 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 10:31 PM

This is all glacier, covered by moraine: biggrin.gif
user posted image
The 3rd from last photo in my post from two days ago shows the very end of the glacier shown in the above picture.

#47 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 10:32 PM

You quite a artist tongue.gif.

#48 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 10:58 PM

The snout of the glacier is just out of picture to the bottom left of this photo. Hopefully this has made it a bit clearer about what is moraine and what is actually glacier. smile.gif -
user posted image

#49 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 11:12 PM

Cool.

Do you subscribe to National Geographic magazine since you have a keep interest in Geography and are interested in travelling etc?

I was thinking of getting it tongue.gif

#50 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 11:21 PM

I don't but sometimes I read it at the Gym and the geography department at school get it. smile.gif I've read some excellent articles in it such as honey collecting in Nepal (guys risk life and limb on treacherous ladders to steal honey from thousands of bees). How much does it cost? I'm sure it would be a good investment!

#51 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 11:28 PM

I'm not sure.

Was also thinking of getting readers digest! Was watching the Simpsons recently and Homer said they cut the crap out of all the other magazines and give you one great little book. tongue.gif

#52 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 11:29 PM

Well if Homer Simpson said it then... tongue.gif
Nah, I don't read Reader's Digest so I can't comment on it.

#53 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 11:39 PM

Lol.

I might pick up a National Geography tomorrow, or a science magazine but they are usually too sphitocated talking about quantum mechanics and stuff you'd need a doctorate in the subject to understand tongue.gif.

#54 oddbins

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:I can't be arsed writing anything here. And I hate writing about myself anyway.

Posted 27 May 2005 - 11:58 AM

Hey, just wanting to know where people are going on their holidays this year.
I'm going to Florida....Wooohoooo! Last year I had such a crap holiday, so this year is going to be great, and will make up for it big time! biggrin.gif (I'm a wee bit hyper sorry).

#55 AmAnDa

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Interests:Gymnastics, watching TV, listening to music, shopping

Posted 27 May 2005 - 12:08 PM

You are SOOOOOOOOO lucky!!!! I wanna go!! lol! My boy friend is going there in October and I'm soooo jealous! It sounds like so much fun!

I hink I'm going to Rhodes (A Greek Island) but its not booked yet. We usually get one of those cheap late deals!

user posted image
(`'.(`'. .').')
x..*...x....Amanda loves Craig....x...*..x
(.'(.' `'.)`'.)

#56 oddbins

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:I can't be arsed writing anything here. And I hate writing about myself anyway.

Posted 27 May 2005 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE(AmAnDa @ May 27 2005, 01:08 PM)
You are SOOOOOOOOO lucky!!!! I wanna go!! lol! My boy friend is going there in October and I'm soooo jealous! It sounds like so much fun!

I hink I'm going to Rhodes (A Greek Island) but its not booked yet. We usually get one of those cheap late deals!

View Post

Kool. Greece looks like a nice place. I wouldn't mind goin' there for a holiday.
The good thing about Florida is they all speak english. I'm terrible at speaking other languages. Can you speak any Greek?

#57 coolncleo

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:HAVING FUN

Posted 27 May 2005 - 12:27 PM

I have been to

France (some part of the country in countryside, own private village with the whole o my family)

Paris (disneyland)

Lanzarote (all inclusive)

Berlin (school trop so much fun)

Halkidiki (greece)

Ageina (tiny greek island, boring, but i aint complain i got a good tan)

This year am going to Lanzarote with some friends (that should be interesting, all inclusive tho woohoo)
And hopefully Atlanta at the end o the year to see some friends who have just moved out!!!!

#58 AmAnDa

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Interests:Gymnastics, watching TV, listening to music, shopping

Posted 27 May 2005 - 12:27 PM

Nope, don't even know how to say "hello" lol!

I've been to Rhodes before, and it is nice! If your want a relaxing holiday then it's great, but I'd really like to go on an exciting, adventurous holiday!! I've heard EVERYTHING about Florida and it just makes me really want to go. My b/f promises to take me one day when he's got the money! Tee Hee!!

user posted image
(`'.(`'. .').')
x..*...x....Amanda loves Craig....x...*..x
(.'(.' `'.)`'.)

#59 D_n_y

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Interests:erm just the usual mince...

Posted 27 May 2005 - 01:09 PM

I'm going to America this year. Connecticut to be precise. Also have an Uncle who lives in New York City. So gonna spend the first four days in the City then go to CT to stay with my cousins.
I've also been to Boston, New Yersey, Rhode Island, Phylidelphia.

Last year I went to Italy near Venice (that was a long drive through Europe..France, Belgium, Luxemburg, Germany, Switserland...)
And the year before I went to Rhodes.
Also been camping in France (Vendee region) biggrin.gif
msn: I_dont_want_ur_junk@hotmail.com
MDunn

#60 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 27 May 2005 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE(D_n_y @ May 27 2005, 02:09 PM)
I'm going to America this year. Connecticut to be precise. Also have an Uncle who lives in New York City. So gonna spend the first four days in the City then go to CT to stay with my cousins.
I've also been to Boston, New Yersey, Rhode Island, Phylidelphia.

View Post

I envy you, I really want to go to New England and New York! I'd also like to visit some parts of Philidelphia and New Jersey (Six Flags Great Adventure and the southern parts of New Jersey)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users