Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Holidays - where have you been? - HSN forum

Holidays - where have you been?

186 replies to this topic

#1 Floorball Maniac

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 08:32 PM

Has anyone been to Orlando in Florida?

If not, where has everyone been on holiday?

#2 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 04 April 2005 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE(CrAiG @ Apr 4 2005, 08:32 PM)
Has anyone been to Orlando in Florida?

If not, where has everyone been on holiday?

View Post

I've been to Orlando twice. First time was 1999 for 2 weeks, then 1 week in Tampa Bay, 2nd time was in 2002 for 2 weeks.

Been to quite a few other places as well including San Francisco, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, Malaga, Majorca, Tenerife and Lanzarote.

I'm going to Lanzarote for 2 weeks this year.

#3 Floorball Maniac

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 08:43 PM

Wow, you do travel! I have not been many places but I am going to Orlando for the 6th time this year lol. I think its great! What parks did you do in orlando and what did you think of it?

#4 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 04 April 2005 - 08:55 PM

i've been to..

- majorca - magaluf twice
- lanzarote - costa teguise 3 times
- fuerteventura - coralejo twice
- zakynthos - kalamaki once
- brazil - quite a few places tbh main places included rio, sao paulo,
belo horizonte and iguacu.
-argentina - for the day - other side of iguacu falls tongue.gif

and booking up for portugal - albufeira for this summer!
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#5 AmAnDa

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Interests:Gymnastics, watching TV, listening to music, shopping

Posted 04 April 2005 - 09:16 PM

I'v been to Spain (3 times), Cyprus (twice), and Rhodes (once) hoping to go somewhere this year too, but don't know where yet! smile.gif

Hoping to go to Orlando someday aswell! I'v heard alot about it. Believe me, some people like it alot, eh Craig?!!! tongue.gif

user posted image
(`'.¸(`'.¸ ¸.'´)¸.'´)
x..*...x..°.Amanda loves Craig..°.x...*..x
(¸.'´(¸.'´ `'.¸)`'.¸)

#6 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 04 April 2005 - 09:54 PM

Great topic. I love to go on holiday and to travel. I feel fortunate my parents have been able to take me/pay for me to go to so many places. Although there are many places I would love to visit in the future.
Outside the UK mainland I have been to Skye, Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland (just on a day trip from Northern Ireland), Jersey, France (Brittany five times, the Isle d'Oleron, Normandy, Paris twice - including a day trip to Disneyland one of those times, Marseille including a day trip to Les Isles du Frioul, Nice twice - plus a day trip up the Tinée Valley, Isola 2000 (for a couple of nights in Summer '02), La Plagne twice, and Tignes), Monaco, Spain (Majorca), Italy (only just popped over the border on a couple of occasions), and Switzerland (Geneva, Lausanne, Arolla, Saas Fee, and Zermatt). In June I am going to Greece (Corfu) with 9 mates from school. smile.gif

Cliffs just west of Omaha Beach, Normandy in July '04: user posted image

From the Glacier de BellcĂ´te in the La Plagne snow sports area, December '03: user posted image

Mont Blanc from the La Plagne snow sports area, January '05: user posted image

La Grande Motte and La Grande Casse from the Tignes snow sports area, April '04: user posted image

Me living dangerously at the base of the Collon Glacier in the Arolla valley, July '03: user posted image

I Hope you liked them. biggrin.gif
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#7 Floorball Maniac

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 08:13 AM

Some breath-taking photos there!!!

#8 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 05 April 2005 - 08:19 AM

QUOTE(CrAiG @ Apr 4 2005, 08:43 PM)
Wow, you do travel! I have not been many places but I am going to Orlando for the 6th time this year lol. I think its great! What parks did you do in orlando and what did you think of it?

View Post

I'm a bit of a theme park fanatic so I've been to Islands Of Advanture, Universal Studios, Sea World, Busch Gardens and All Disney Parks and Waterparks. I've also been to some of the smaller parks in the area (Like the Old Town on the I192).

IOA was the best park (The Hulk and Dueling Dragons rule), with Busch Gardens second.

#9 Floorball Maniac

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 08:26 AM

I have to say IOA is pretty good! I cant say I have a favourite. I have been to Universal, Islands of Adventure, Sea World and all the Disney parks and waterparks.

Kraken at Sea World is probably my favourite ride (not sure though). I love the waterparks!! Have you been on Summit Plummet at Blizzard Beach? After some persuading and failed attempts, I did it! It was sure worth it!

#10 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 09:06 AM

I've been to:

Bulgaria (2 weeks)
Ibiza (2 weeks)
Salou (1 week)
Majorca (2 weeks)
America (2 weeks - Orlando, Florida - TOO WARM!)
Turkey (2 weeks)
Majorca (18/06/05 for 2 weeks)

And I've been to Blackpool three times tongue.gif.

Personally, I think Universal Studios is MUCH better than Disney Land.

#11 Floorball Maniac

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 09:11 AM

I have been to Florida in the summer and I have to agree: TOO WARM! Thats why we go on October now because its unbearable in the summer. It is still boiling in October but at least you can walk from ride to ride without loosing 2litres of sweat!

#12 Floorball Maniac

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 09:21 AM

user posted image

biggrin.gif

#13 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 11:23 AM

I'm dead boring, we go to the same place every year. My grandpa has a house near Torrevieja on the Costa Blanca in Spain. So I've been there about 13 times or something like that.

Other places I've been to are, erm... Well, we went to France with the school in 4th year and we went to Chamonix, La Clusaz, Annecey (I can never spell that one), Geneva and Strasbourgh. Then I went to France again in November last year and we went to Lille. It was fun.

And I'm not going anywhere this summer. sad.gif

#14 superstar

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 12:43 PM

Ohhh i luv summer holidays i always get de stressed when i go away! Unfortunately i dont think i am going anywhere this yr!

I have been to

Paris (Disneyland)
Canada (Montreal and Toronto)
Lanzarote (Costa Teguise)
Majorca ( Sa Coma and somwhere else!)
Ibiza (Cant remeber!!)

#15 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 05 April 2005 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE(CrAiG @ Apr 4 2005, 08:43 PM)
...but I am going to Orlando for the 6th time this year lol. I think its great! What parks did you do in orlando and what did you think of it?

View Post

I'm goin to Orlando in the Summer for three weeks of sun! cool.gif

6 times ohmy.gif that's a helluva lot!!!

Best thing to do the 1 time I've been wasn't the parks, but explorin International Drive. It's huge!!!

I've been to:

-Orlando
-Lanzarote
-Nerja (Spain)
-French Alps
-Puerto Banus (Spain) which is the slightly poorer man's Monte Carlo!!!

#16 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 01:57 PM

i dunno where i'm going yet this year. i need to go away somewhere though, somewhere nice & sunny!

i've been to....

Paris (school trip last year - amazing!)
Majorca (three times, once to Cala d'Or - was 2 at the time so don't really remember much of it! & twice to Peurto Pollensa)
Menorca (twice to the same place - Cala n Bosch)
Portugal (3 times, twice to Vilamoura, once to Albafuira
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#17 Kevin_Kilbane

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 02:51 PM

We stopped going on the annual trip to Spain when I was about 2, so since 2 years of age, its been holidays down to England and each and everyone of them has been excellent.

I'd hate to go to Florida - the heat, the journey and the masses of Americans/People from home with Rangers/Celtic tops would do my nut in.

You can't beat London - 7 or 8 times Ive been down in the last 7 years. Done most things but you continue to see new stuff. Even been to the Ivy for my Mum and Dad's Silver Wedding anniversary - the food is amazing and its resonably priced.

Im not bothered about travelling. I hate flying and there aren't many places in the world Id like to see - good old Glesgaw is better. Wouldnt mind going to China/Japan/Hong Kong, Russia and for some different reasons Amsterdam.

Anyway - Ive been to France - Paris and Le Toquet with the school, Italy, Spain and Dublin (cracking place).

#18 Floorball Maniac

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 02:55 PM

I'm goin to Orlando in the Summer for three weeks of sun!  cool.gif

6 times  ohmy.gif  that's a helluva lot!!!

Best thing to do the 1 time I've been wasn't the parks, but explorin International Drive. It's huge!!!

Yip, 6 times and still lovin' it!

I went for three weeks and I loved it. It still isnt enough to do everything but at least you can do a lot more. Two weeks passes so fast. You will have a great time!

#19 Floorball Maniac

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE(Kevin_Kilbane @ Apr 5 2005, 03:51 PM)
I'd hate to go to Florida - the heat, the journey and the masses of Americans/People from home with Rangers/Celtic tops would do my nut in.

Heat is why most people go to Florida!

The "masses of Americans/People from home with rangers/celtic tops" must just be a stereotypical image you have. I have only seen the odd Celtic or Rangers top. I have met a few Scottish people there but there are people from all over the world on holiday there.

The journey - have to agree with you there. Its a killer! I hate it! Its worth it though!

#20 Kevin_Kilbane

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 03:05 PM

The "masses of Americans/People from home with rangers/celtic tops" must just be a stereotypical image you have. I have only seen the odd Celtic or Rangers top. I have met a few Scottish people there but there are people from all over the world on holiday there.

Its the reports a lot of people I know have came back telling me..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users