Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Asda is Rubbish! - HSN forum - Page 2

Asda is Rubbish!

39 replies to this topic

#21 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 01 April 2005 - 07:37 PM

Thats pretty crazy. I've been asked about my age for CDs before but I've always been able to buy them, even then it was a while ago for Eminem - My Name Is and Chef - Chocolate Salty Balls singles (lol).
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#22 Kevin_Kilbane

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 07:41 PM

What cd?

#23 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 01 April 2005 - 08:46 PM

the CD would have to be a "get me THE BLOODY manager" moment

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#24 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 01 April 2005 - 09:43 PM

Parental Advisory does what it says on the tin......I think its ASDAs policy to have a parent with you when buyin a CD with a "parental advisory" sticker on it (if ur under 18.....not sure tho..... there is another way out of it....wait a while until you see a younger worker on the desk....take it to them n they will giv u it strate away! lol - they understand wot u are goin through so are bound to just giv it to u! ha!
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#25 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 01 April 2005 - 09:45 PM

Yeah, when I bought that Chef single the women asked me if my parents were there and I said "no", then she just said "oh well" and gave it to me anyway, lol.
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#26 Dave

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 09:47 PM

i noticed supermarkets are having lots of new policys

ASDA (in my area): dont sell large-ish numbers of eggs to teens

safeway: dont sell energy drinks to under 16's

there are other but i cant remember at the minute

#27 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 01 April 2005 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE(Dave @ Apr 1 2005, 09:47 PM)

ASDA (in my area): dont sell large-ish numbers of eggs to teens

View Post

lolol....wonder why!?!?!!?! haha

in fact, I think tesco (near where i live) has the same rule for eggs!
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#28 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 01 April 2005 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE(Shandogg @ Apr 1 2005, 10:00 PM)

View Post

Didn't all supermarkets make that the policy since Halloween last year?

#29 Dave

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 10:09 PM

that would depend where u lived at halloween last year i guess

#30 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE(ally @ Apr 1 2005, 10:05 PM)
QUOTE(Shandogg @ Apr 1 2005, 10:00 PM)

View Post

Didn't all supermarkets make that the policy since Halloween last year?

View Post

hmmmm...am not sure...u could be rite i guess.....i suppose its just common sense not to sell large quantities of eggs to young ppl!

Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#31 Kevin_Kilbane

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 10:35 PM

They always don't like to sell magazines to 17 year olds who look 19/20.

GRRR.

#32 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 10:39 PM

The ones that usually dont sell u them look like really stupid, unintelligent, daft ppl with no qualifications wotsoever! they think they are being smart! lol
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#33 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 02 April 2005 - 02:47 PM

The cd was Black Eyed Peas - Shut Up, and I was trying to buy it for my mum because she had mentioned that she liked it.

The lady at the till was all like "NO I CAN'T SELL YOU THIS!!!!!!" and I was like "But I am a big girl, I am 16." but she was all like "NOOOOOO!!!!!" and I was like "But it's for my mummy. I want to make my mummy smile."

sad.gif

Haha, all this happened well over a year ago and I *still* rant about it.

With regards to the "no eggs for school kidz!" thing. Tesco [the supermarket closest to our school] banned us all from buying eggs years ago because on muck-up day our school always ended up looking like a disaster in a dairy farm.

@

#34 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 06:56 PM

there's actually a lot more to age restricted sales than most people realise - safeway/morrisons make us cashiers resit tests on age restricted sales every 3 months or so. it covers things like magazines, dvds & cd's, & of course the obvious alcohol, tobacco, lottery tickets etc. its horrible having to id people though - when its alcohol, the person i id always ends up being at least 21 blush.gif
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#35 DJMiche

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 10:57 AM

Stunning place to work for!

#36 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 12:48 PM

I like Asda, they always seem to have Heat when no one else does. Morrison's never ever have it. Neither do WHSmith. So Asda it is.

#37 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 03:42 PM

Asda's not too bad, they usually stick to age laws without going too far (as they obviously did on this ocassion). I like Asda it's cheap and well better than Morrisons, then again maybe I'm bitter cos Morrisons didnt give me a job. "We are still considering it" they said in the 2nd letter I got but noooooooo they couldn't be bothered to send out a "we don't need you" letter.
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#38 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 03:53 PM

I don't like Morrison's. Their cakes are CRAP. I miss Safeway's cakes. They used to do this great one that had cream in the middle and pink icing. Then they wasted them by putting coconut on them. But they were great at one point.

Down with Mr Morrison and his shoddy baking abilities.

#39 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 02 May 2005 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE(tuppence @ Apr 2 2005, 03:47 PM)
With regards to the "no eggs for school kidz!" thing. Tesco [the supermarket closest to our school] banned us all from buying eggs years ago because on muck-up day our school always ended up looking like a disaster in a dairy farm.

View Post

Same with us sad.gif

The 6th years always find a way tho. laugh.gif laugh.gif
Check Out My Space! - www.myspace.com

Aberdeen University - French and International Relations - September 06'

IPB Image

#40 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE(tuppence @ Apr 2 2005, 02:47 PM)
... banned us all from buying eggs years ago because on muck-up day our school always ended up looking like a disaster in a dairy farm.

View Post

I don't get it. Why would eggs make it look like a dairy farm? biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users