Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Cinema - Vera Drake - HSN forum - Page 3

Cinema - Vera Drake

50 replies to this topic

#41 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:mm.... to lazy to say

if your really interested you can just ask!

(and the womb bit works in the forums where it says "from" but not here duh just makes me sound.. well... weird!)

Posted 14 April 2006 - 08:23 PM

aye back in glasgow, back street abortions. aka Coat hanger abortions.

#42 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 08:44 AM

QUOTE(bred @ Apr 14 2006, 12:20 PM) View Post

...and can't feel pain until after twenty six weeks...

Well, if the new report in the British Medical Journal is to believed, at 26 weeks the neural pathways exist - but the foetus cannot feel pain until after it is born. It requires environmental stimulation to bring the newborn child into a mental state whereby it can experience pain.

News report on findings.

Edit: This thread reminds me of the classic abortion threads seen commonly on the Offspring forums. The comment you see most of is "needs more salt". Am I sick to find that hilarious every time I see it? laugh.gif

#43 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 15 April 2006 - 08:58 AM

QUOTE(Isla from Banff @ Apr 14 2006, 09:14 PM) View Post

Em my english class did a couple of peoms and stories on back street abortions and the methods to actually abort the feotus tended to cause more harm to the mother which is probably another reason why this woman was arrested. I remember one of the stories mentioned drinking a lot of brandy, running a boiling hot bath, sitting in it then using a knitting needle to remove it. This was actually considered a safe method?!
xx

Vera Drake didn't use knitting needles, she syringed soapy water into the womb. There is a risk of the mother having a bad reaction to the soap but it isn't as dangerous as using knitting needles.
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#44 Isla from Banff

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm at the University of Aberdeen studying Biology with Chemistry and Psychology, I live in Aberdeen in a private rented flat (i'm too good for halls lol) and I work at Pizza Hut just up the road from my flat!<br /><br />I've recently gotten really into Neighbours thanks to my flatmate and in return I've gotten her into Hollyoaks! Hahaha revenge is sweet! lol<br /><br />I'm a big music fan and I listen to a pretty wide variety of stuff. I'm really into Snow Patrol and The Kooks just now and yes I know I'm a loser but i don't care!<br /><br />I'm a tennor drummer with Turriff and District Pipe Band. We're only a grade 3 band but I wouldn't move bands if you paid me. We had a really good season this year as we are the North of Scotland Champion of Champions!!!!<br /><br />I love meeting new people so add me on msn if you want i don't mind.

Posted 15 April 2006 - 10:28 AM

QUOTE(bred @ Apr 15 2006, 09:58 AM) View Post

QUOTE(Isla from Banff @ Apr 14 2006, 09:14 PM) View Post

Em my english class did a couple of peoms and stories on back street abortions and the methods to actually abort the feotus tended to cause more harm to the mother which is probably another reason why this woman was arrested. I remember one of the stories mentioned drinking a lot of brandy, running a boiling hot bath, sitting in it then using a knitting needle to remove it. This was actually considered a safe method?!
xx

Vera Drake didn't use knitting needles, she syringed soapy water into the womb. There is a risk of the mother having a bad reaction to the soap but it isn't as dangerous as using knitting needles.

Yeah well i was just giving an example of the stories that my English teacher made me read that's all i never mentioned Vera Drake did i?

xx
I'm not a tease i'm just a reminder of what you can't please!!!!!

#45 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 15 April 2006 - 02:40 PM

What other woman were you referring to?
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#46 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

(and the womb bit works in the forums where it says "from" but not here duh just makes me sound.. well... weird!)

Posted 15 April 2006 - 03:03 PM

We had disccusions like that in english too. about neds using crisp packets instead of condoms and stuff. laugh.gif

thats fact aswell

#47 maria

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 04:15 PM

ohmy.gif

crisp packets? ermm.gif
Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping.
When you feel like giving up...just remember why you held on for so long.

#48 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 04:21 PM

Yip. could be worse, could be Toblerone boxes

#49 maria

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 05:51 PM

laugh.gif

#50 mystic

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:BMXing, anything to get me into trouble, having fun, riding the horses, being the person your parents don't want you to be friends with! my msn address is bleeding_the_vampire@hotmail.co.uk

Posted 15 April 2006 - 05:59 PM

it is the girls choice, if i did get pregant i would have an abortion unless i had the fathers full commitment, i no i couldn't raise a child. i'd probably wouldn't suvrive it as i'd get way to depressed.crisp packet can be used supposedly but salt and viniger!
gizmo
x

if your thoughts are no good, its only because you don't express then clearly!
gizmo
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/milk...icture_0038.jpg

#51 maria

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 06:02 PM

personally, i could never, ever go through with abortion. im really against it for my own reasons, yet i do understand that under some circumstances, people feel they should go through with it.

yet, i would never do it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users