Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Strathclyde Business School Open Day - HSN forum

Strathclyde Business School Open Day

10 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin_Kilbane

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 05:51 PM

Anyone at it today?

It was perhaps the most skankiest University I have ever been too/see. The place is falling to bits like my school.

Felt the course/lecturers made it far too like school.

Glasgow for me!

#2 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 23 March 2005 - 06:53 PM

It may be skankalicious, but the union's amazing.
@

#3 Kevin_Kilbane

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 07:23 PM

Its like the Lazer Quest.

The GUU at Glasgow and QM are the best.

Found it funny though because there was this student there talking about student life and he would not stop going on about booze, booze, booze. He was like, "aye if yer stressed, just go for a pint" or "on Freshers week I was sober for about wan hour". Haha Loved it.

Quite a number of neds there too...

#4 Icemaiden

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:Mwahahahaha!Attempting to dominate the world.

Posted 23 March 2005 - 07:31 PM

It may be skankalicious, but the union's amazing.

Mmmmm yea the union is amazing...i was knackered climbing the stairs at the open day (and i complain about school stairs??)

Huggles

Ice Maiden (mmmm chippy)

http://icemaiden04.deviantart.com

I'm a nutter in need of a new home (any offers?!? :P)

Cornish Pasty Pixie

"Its a new dawn,its a new day,its a new life for me....and i'm feeling good" -->Muse,Feeling good

#5 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE(Kevin_Kilbane @ Mar 23 2005, 05:51 PM)
Anyone at it today?

It was perhaps the most skankiest University I have ever been too/see.  The place is falling to bits like my school.

Glasgow for me!

View Post

what building were you in?! most of the uni is quite nicely done actually. though obviously i'm only ever in the science-y bits, maybe the rest isn't quite so up to date
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#6 Kevin_Kilbane

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 09:09 PM

Outside its a tip, inside (John Anderson) is alright but in general the other buidlings arent too good.

Not for me.

#7 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 11:40 PM

figures. john anderson is home to the physics department, so its where i spend most of my time! well, that & the union, but thats another story....
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#8 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 27 March 2005 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE(Kevin_Kilbane @ Mar 23 2005, 07:23 PM)
"on Freshers week I was sober for about wan hour".

That's what I like to hear!
@

#9 JiLL

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE(Kevin_Kilbane @ Mar 23 2005, 06:51 PM)
Anyone at it today?

It was perhaps the most skankiest University I have ever been too/see.  The place is falling to bits like my school.

Glasgow for me!

View Post

Yeh i was at it and i thought it was amazing! Who cares if its not up- to - date looking: u r not there for the furniture and surroundings- u r there to learn, meet new people and the atmosphere etc... anyway, i loved it and nobody can change my views about it.

o YEH and the lecture theatre in the John Anderson building was v. modern actually! IN FACT i did not come across anything that put me off with the place.

Strathclyde over Glasgow any day

beast

#10 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 20 April 2005 - 07:34 PM

Fight fight tongue.gif
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#11 Kevin_Kilbane

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 09:16 PM

u r not there for the furniture and surroundings- u r there to learn,

And the 12 floor Main Library at Glasgow containing 1.5 million books is quite a nice place to learn. Added to this is the numerous other libraries for each faculty as well as the numerous computing facilties such as the Reading Room, Glasgow's an excellent place to learn. wink.gif

As for the surroundings? Stuck in Townhead with buildings almost crumbling...

meet new people

Thats the point of University but at Glasgow I am happy with the broad diversity of students coming not only from Scotland but from down South and abroad such as USA, Estonia, Finland...

and the atmosphere

IMO, I'd say Glasgow's the best student Campus in the UK - West End is studen friendly, Ashton Lane is great as well as the two Unions.

i loved it and nobody can change my views about it.

Its important you like the place. Its important your happy there. I didnt like Strathlcyde, you did. I love Glasgow, you don't. Each to our own...

o YEH and the lecture theatre in the John Anderson building was v. modern actually!

Not like some of them I was at in the Open Day. Seats falling to part - worse than my school and thats saying something laugh.gif

IN FACT i did not come across anything that put me off with the place.

I did. The lecturers treating you like you are at school. The University getting people to take you to and from places - we're not 5 years olds. Having to pick 4 subjects where as at Glasgow they are already picked for your. The crap Union. The crap area. The lack of student friendlyness. Glasgow's "classic" reputation.

Strathclyde over Glasgow any day

Each to our own.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users