Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Weird Question - HSN forum

Weird Question

10 replies to this topic

#1 gary

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 10:38 PM

Last year for Int 2, I got a C and was predicted to get an A. I came out of the exam thinking I had done amazingly well. My friend got a B and another one of my friends got an A. Both of them this year have dropped English as they have failed all their NABs and not been able to cope. However, I have passed all my NABs first time and done really well in my Prelim. I think this is very weird I got a C last year.

#2 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 20 March 2005 - 10:42 PM

no its not really there is quite jump from in2 to higher so you cannot compare

Maybe you tried harder this year than them

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#3 herbeey

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 10:48 PM

Getting high grades lulls you into a false sense of security which is fatal in english.
Signatures suck. They clog up websites and serve no purpose.

#4 herbeey

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 10:49 PM

Getting high grades in the previous level, that being.
Signatures suck. They clog up websites and serve no purpose.

#5 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 20 March 2005 - 11:01 PM

well yes you can come into a course with A's or 1's but you cannot think you will automatically recieve them this year by default

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#6 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 12:32 AM

Yeh I think the whole problem with Int2/higher is that they are so different. At int2 the marking and indeed teaching focus is on different aspects of skill. Perhaps you have been working mor this year and have taking to writing essays and analysing texts in the taught method. Those who had higher grades in previous years may have thought that their own method was better as it helped them the previos year.
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#7 Kathryn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Eating polystyrene, making hats out of polystyrene, farming, being a bat, arson.<br /><br />My life is never dull...

Posted 28 March 2005 - 01:17 PM

Oh God. The pressure! Ooooh i can't WAIT for Friday, the 13th of May (how crap, eh?!). dry.gif

#8 gary

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 03:34 PM

I am worried most about english for many reasons.

The fact that close reading is before the essays, hence forgetting things.

I have been looking at past papers and I am finding the questions difficult to fit anything I do in.

Reading the close reading text because it is always the most boring and dire thing ever.

#9 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 19 April 2005 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE(Kathryn @ Mar 28 2005, 02:17 PM)
Oh God. The pressure! Ooooh i can't WAIT for Friday, the 13th of May  (how crap, eh?!).  dry.gif

View Post

Heh, bad luck that the most stressful exam is on the unluckiest day of the month. Oh, well. I wish they would postpone it to Monday the 16th or something. tongue.gif rolleyes.gif

#10 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 04:17 PM

I looked up a superstition book although friday the 13th is unlucky, friday the 13th of May specifically is the luckiest!
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#11 Punkie

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Music, psychology, hugs... Guitars... stuff... :)

Posted 20 April 2005 - 04:32 PM

Oh the joys, so we're all gonna pass people don't worry, the SQA'll just wonder how the hell we all got A's... hehe. smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users