Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
What's Adv Graphics like? - HSN forum

What's Adv Graphics like?

6 replies to this topic

#1 gaveaway

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:music

Posted 14 May 2004 - 09:47 PM

hey wondering if anyone on the site takes adv graphics is it any good??? is it difficult? it's our school's 1st year doing it therefore a bit apprehensive.
if barbie was so popular then why do u have to buy her friends

#2 $impl_ih

Top of the Class

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 04:28 PM

I took SG Graphics, but not higher this year, most of my friends took Higher this year, and are gonna do Adv Higher next year.
Here is some info on the course.

Graphic Communication: Advanced Higher

Why Graphic Communication?

The course aims to allow you to develop both manual and computer graphic skills and understanding beyond those involved in Higher Graphic Communication. This will provide you with an insight into the way in which information presented graphically is an integral part of communication throughout business and industry as well as in the consumer environment. Experience will be gained of evaluating the effectiveness of visual communication that will enable you to apply principles of composition in the production of a computer produced presentation. Where facilities are available for the use of presentation media, such as on-screen presentations, you will be encouraged to utilise these facilities.

By undertaking this course you will extend your knowledge and understanding of geometric constructions in the generation of orthographic drawings, 2-point measured perspective drawings, CAD, CAG and general visual literacy in an industrial and commercial context.

Entry to the Course

This is at the discretion of the school/college but you would normally be expected to have attained the following:

Higher Graphic Communication at grade A or B.

Course Outline

Three compulsory units plus 40 hours flexible time.

Technical Graphics (20 hours)

The purpose of the unit is to further develop manual skills in 2-point measured perspective and geometric constructions used in the generation of orthographic drawings.

Apply manual techniques of geometric constructions to produce orthographic drawings.
Apply manual techniques of 2-point measured perspective to architectural settings.
Computer-Aided 3D Modelling Visualisation and Presentation (60 hours)

The purpose of the unit is to develop computer-aided graphic skills to produce 3D surface and solid models.

Create 3D Computer-Aided Design surface models.
Create 3D Computer-Aided Design solid models.
Produce Computer-Aided drawings from a 3D Computer-Aided Design model.
Produce Computer-Aided rendered images from 3D Computer-Aided Design model.

Computer-Aided Graphic Presentation (40 hours)

The purpose of this unit is to develop an understanding of the principles of effective visual communication related to industrial and commercial practice, and to apply these principles in the production of a Graphic Presentation.

Evaluate the application of design principles in professional graphics presentations.
Design and produce a professional Graphic Presentation for a client group.
Desktop Publishing characteristics are identified and their functions described correctly.

Core Skills

Higher IT (Using Information Technology)

Assessment

Units are assessed internally by your teacher/lecturer in accordance with SQA guidelines.

The course is assessed by an external examination set and marked by the SQA and also includes the completion of a Computer-Aided 3D Modelling Folio and a Computer-Aided Graphic Presentation.

Progression

Successful completion of this course may lead to:

SGA at Higher in

Engineering: Electrical
Engineering: Electronic
Engineering: Fabrication and Welding
Engineering: Industrial Plant Support
Engineering: Manufacture
Engineering: Mechanical
Engineering: Mechatronics
Engineering Practice
Technology

Education (HNC/HND/Degree); Employment in

Art & Design
Computing and ICT
Construction
Engineering

Hope this is of some help.

cool.gif

`..`._. $ m p l y _ h `..`._.

user posted image

#3 gaveaway

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 12:57 AM

thanx u very much.... biggrin.gif our school gave out a similar hand out. I was just curious to wot ppl's opinions were of the course. Thanks for putting in the effort to find me information, it was very kind of u!!!

#4 $impl_ih

Top of the Class

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 10:52 AM

No problem, thats what im here for, so u decided to take Adv Graphics next year then?
`..`._. $ m p l y _ h `..`._.

user posted image

#5 gaveaway

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 30 May 2004 - 02:12 AM

yeh hopefully if i pass but my higher folio wasnt bad and that is 30% of the final grade. If all else fails then ill just torture myself with higher english ...shuld b fun biggrin.gif

#6 smilie

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 12:35 PM

Thats soo unfair i wish my school did AH Graph Comm. I loved SG and H bu i have now been forced to give it up and do H Product Design Instead as we don't have enough people wanting to or good enough to do it.

We also apparently do not have the facilities to do it (our school being one of the best in Scotland and our new Principle of that dept. says that our facilities are shockingly bad!!!)

sad.gif sad.gif

#7 pipperpa2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 12:38 PM

Advanced is totally different to Higher. Firstly 70% (maybe 60% can't remember) of its folio with one being a 3D modelling thing and the other one being a presentation folio (we are doing an 8 page magazine). The exam is the same but there are 4 drawing question and you only have to do 3 of them. Basically not alot of technical drawing to learn as one of them is measured perspective done in higher. So over the year you are only really needing to learn DTP terms which in any case we teach ourselves through SG and Higher and then the 3 drawing which once you have the hang of they are not to bad

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users