Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
higher german - HSN forum

higher german

10 replies to this topic

#1 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 05:16 PM

hey guys, does anyone else here do higher german? What are you plannin on doin for revision?
luv Gill xx
user posted image

#2 gaveaway

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:music

Posted 14 May 2004 - 09:32 PM

hey i do higher german and its a big pain in the buttocks. lol. well im going to learn my directed writing phrases that are predictable to be in the exam like how was teh journay and so on... God knows how im gonna revise fo rthe writing coz our teacher hasnt really helped us there. anyway good luck
if barbie was so popular then why do u have to buy her friends

#3 werlop

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • Location:Cambridge (Term Time), Bearsden (Glasgow) Non Term Time

Posted 14 May 2004 - 09:40 PM

my mum helped to set this years higher german exam, but i don't have a clue of its content obviously!

I didn't study the subject, so I cannot really comment.
Click here to visit the Bearsden Academy Website
user posted image

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

#4 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 02:02 PM

nah i like german. im doin advanced higher next year. Yeh im just gonna try to learn the directed writin phrases. Not much else you can do is there?
how u get on in ur prelim?
I got 84% in mine n thats includin the speakin exam so i was well chuffed!!

luv gill x
user posted image

#5 onlycowdenfanhere

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 02:02 PM

I do Higher German too. I'm not the biggest fan of it! tongue.gif I got 53% in my prelim, I'm desperately needing a B and hopefully I can achieve it! I've had a tutor for the past 6 weeks, she has helped me alot! I can get 20-24 for the reading, 10-13 for the listening...and well the writing...who knows. I'd love 15/25. (9 and 6). We'll see. If i learn the DW phrases, hopefully, that will help.

Bloody Germans... cool.gif

#6 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 08:13 AM

hey guys got any predictions of what the exam will be on? It is such apain not being able to buyu past papers! I still havent really dun any revision for german, got too bogged down on english. how you all feelin?

luv gill x
user posted image

#7 onlycowdenfanhere

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 03:47 PM

Well, today went OK I thought. Nothing too troublesome, apart from the reading...I found that quite difficult actually.Listening made up for it though, that was easier than I thought it would be. The writings...well, I done my speaking presentation on Freetime, so it was awesome! DW was ok too. I done a past one last night and the thing about what homes/schools were like was in that! So, hopefully a B, we'll see. rolleyes.gif What does every1 else think?

#8 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 03:52 PM

yeh today wasnt too bad. the readin was really hard tho. some o the listenin too was a bit dodgee! I thot the directed writin was on quite a though topic but it turned out ok

Gill x
user posted image

#9 Quirkycat

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Nearly everything ...

Posted 14 January 2005 - 12:02 AM

Hey everyone .. I do Higher German too, and I HATE it ... I only picked it 'cos we were told it was easy; yeah right ... easy my-

Anyway, have people already sat the Prelim for German ... was it hard? (I know my school will have different questions, and all, but it would be good to know what sort of things came up)
And which do people think is harder, directed writing or the other one? I think the other one is harder 'cos directed writing is structured and they don't expect as much.

Oh, yeah! How much time do you get per exam? i'm worried that i won't have enough time to finish the writing AND the listening/reading.

Be nice to hear from people!

PS. My teacher helps set the exams, but she won't tell us what's coming up. I think she hinted that there weren't any TV questions in the writing papers though, luckily!
LOL ... it's me again! *grabs ppl to stop them running away* Now just u stay and listen to me ... hehe!

#10 Tracy

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Location:Erm..My House, In Tranent, Near Edinburgh, SCOTLAND!
  • Interests:Being me

Posted 01 February 2005 - 06:06 PM

Aloha ye'all! Well i am another one of the many suffering higher german students. THe only reason i took it is because we get to got ot germany for a week to do work experience in council offices!! biggrin.gif

The joys!!! THe best of it is the prelims start the day after we come back!! Has anyone done their oral presentation yet as i am well blink.gif

Please help if u can

thanxs x x x

#11 krazykooki

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 03:54 PM

i got 71% in ma prelim but that was without speaking
did anyone else do the P&N papers cos i do french and german an ma teachers think the translations were ridiculous - the german was too, easy the french too hard

i think the DW is harder than the writing cos in the writing you can put what you know but in the DW you have to answer the bullet points so i ended up makin it up jus so i answered the bullet points

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users