Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Introduce Yourself Here! - HSN forum - Page 5

Introduce Yourself Here!

402 replies to this topic

#81 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Feel free to add me to your MSN, and I'll be happy to answer any questions on there.<br /><br />Standard Grade Results 2005<br /><br />8 ones in english, maths, chemistry, biology, physics, modern studies, graphics and french<br /><br />Higher Results 2006:<br /><br />Maths - A<br />English - A<br />Chemistry - A<br />Human Biology - A<br />Modern Studies - A<br /><br />In 6th Year I will be studying Chemistry, Biology and English all to Advanced Higher Level.<br /><br />Applying to study Medicine for 2007 entry :)

Posted 18 June 2005 - 08:56 PM

hehe

visitors are welcomed rolleyes.gif
Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common -- they are shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity... and in a flash, they're gone.

#82 dfx

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 01:59 PM

Dave hits on anything that breathes - as you have had the pleasure of experiencing. Welcome to the forum wink.gif

#83 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Feel free to add me to your MSN, and I'll be happy to answer any questions on there.<br /><br />Standard Grade Results 2005<br /><br />8 ones in english, maths, chemistry, biology, physics, modern studies, graphics and french<br /><br />Higher Results 2006:<br /><br />Maths - A<br />English - A<br />Chemistry - A<br />Human Biology - A<br />Modern Studies - A<br /><br />In 6th Year I will be studying Chemistry, Biology and English all to Advanced Higher Level.<br /><br />Applying to study Medicine for 2007 entry :)

Posted 19 June 2005 - 02:56 PM

yeah i noticed tongue.gif
Thanks, came across this site recently and it looks really good. biggrin.gif
Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common -- they are shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity... and in a flash, they're gone.

#84 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 19 June 2005 - 03:43 PM

dry.gif Hey talk about cheeky

cool.gif Hello Ladys!

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#85 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 03:49 PM

Hey there, how are you on this fine afternoon? biggrin.gif

#86 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE(dfx @ Jun 19 2005, 01:59 PM)
Dave hits on anything that breathes - as you have had the pleasure of experiencing. Welcome to the forum wink.gif

View Post

Excuse me, he hasn't tried hitting on me. I breathe. Well, I did last time I checked.

And welcome to the boards, Allana. smile.gif Even though we've already PM'ed on another, haha. You'll fit in fine!

#87 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Jun 19 2005, 07:30 PM)

View Post

Excuse me, he hasn't tried hitting on me. I breathe. Well, I did last time I checked.

And welcome to the boards, Allana. smile.gif Even though we've already PM'ed on another, haha. You'll fit in fine!

View Post

Hey, thanks i hope i will biggrin.gif
Everyone seems really nice hug.gif

#88 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 19 June 2005 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Jun 19 2005, 08:30 PM)

View Post

View Post

Ta for standing up for me lindsay. thumbsup.gif Big Up Lindz

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#89 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 08:04 PM

It was more the fact that dfx had tried hitting on me one day and I told him to get lost and was accusing you of the same that bugged me. tongue.gif

#90 dfx

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 11:11 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAA HA HAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HA
ha
*faints*

Keep tryin Dave m8 wink.gif

You know Lindsay, TECHNICALLY I wasn't hitting on you cause it was just stating the obvious - you're hot and I'm a super conducting babe magnet.

Oops I did it again. blush.gif

#91 werlop

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • Location:Cambridge (Term Time), Bearsden (Glasgow) Non Term Time

Posted 19 June 2005 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE(dfx @ Jun 20 2005, 12:11 AM)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HA
ha
*faints*

You know Lindsay, TECHNICALLY I wasn't hitting on you cause it was just stating the obvious - you're hot and I'm a super conducting babe magnet.

View Post

but as a result of the meisner effect super conductors repel magnets....anyway! wink.gif

I'll be surprised if she isn't smitten with your poetic turn of phrase
Click here to visit the Bearsden Academy Website
user posted image

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

#92 dfx

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE(werlop @ Jun 20 2005, 12:14 AM)
QUOTE(dfx @ Jun 20 2005, 12:11 AM)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HA
ha
*faints*

View Post

but as a result of the meisner effect super conductors repel magnets....anyway! wink.gif

I'll be surprised if she isn't smitten with your poetic turn of phrase

View Post

You know I was going to give in hands up dumb founded to your theory - which is indeed absolutely undoubtedly 100% perfectly correct - EXCEPT, its out of context and irrelevant.

Superconducting magnets are electromagnets that are partially built from superconducting materials and therefore reach much higher magnetic field intensity.

Nice try wink.gif

#93 Steven_Gerrard

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 11:40 PM

I shouldve noticed this earliar

Let me introduce myself. Im Steven Gerrard, Im a decent football player...nothing special. Anyway I worked really hard last year up to May till the year ended and I managed to get a nice little cup from Turkey. It was nice but my schools already got 4. Anyway Im staying on next year for some of this advanced stuff and I hope my teacher Rafa will bring in some new classmates. I told him about my mate Michael, if he comes, me and Xabi can sit behind him and provide him some work for him to finish.
I wasnt sure if I wanted to stay on another year. I considered taking a year out to go to Madrid and work over there. My other option was to go to a nice little place in London called stamford bridge but I told Mourinho "No way jose" laugh.gif

#94 ross800

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 10:09 AM

Hi there!

My name is Ross, I am 17 years old and come from near Edinburgh.

I have just finished a dismal 6th year after studying AH Maths +Chem plus Higher PE and expect little more than ABC (PE, chem, maths respectively) as my results.

But, i have already confirmed my place at the University of Edinburgh to study medicine which i received last December.

Outwith school i train for Athletics 5/6 times a week and have been training (not as frequently though) for 9 years now, achieving a couple of Scottish titles and clinging to one Scottish record.

Ross

#95 AppleCore

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • Interests:Photography but first has to be Mountain Biking!

Posted 20 June 2005 - 11:22 AM

ok! um.. there isnt much to me really... to be honest with u, im rather insignificant in my own life!.
i like my mountain bike and my digital camera (infact, i cant live without them). ive just finished school and have my place at uni. Check out my photography at the site in my signature! oh! and im 18 smile.gif

#96 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE(Steven_Gerrard @ Jun 19 2005, 11:40 PM)
I shouldve noticed this earliar

Let me introduce myself. Im Steven Gerrard, Im a decent football player...nothing special. Anyway I worked really hard last year up to May till the year ended and I managed to get a nice little cup from Turkey. It was nice but my schools already got 4. Anyway Im staying on next year for some of this advanced stuff and I hope my teacher Rafa will bring in some new classmates. I told him about my mate Michael, if he comes, me and Xabi can sit behind him and provide him some work for him to finish.
I wasnt sure if I wanted to stay on another year. I considered taking a year out to go to Madrid and work over there. My other option was to go to a nice little place in London called stamford bridge but I told Mourinho "No way jose"  laugh.gif

View Post

haha, well that was original tongue.gif
Pleased to meet ya wink.gif

#97 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE(ross800 @ Jun 20 2005, 10:09 AM)
Hi there!

My name is Ross, I am 17 years old and come from near Edinburgh.

I have just finished a dismal 6th year after studying AH Maths +Chem plus Higher PE and expect little more than ABC (PE, chem, maths respectively) as my results.

But, i have already confirmed my place at the University of Edinburgh to study medicine which i received last December.

Outwith school i train for Athletics 5/6 times a week and have been training (not as frequently though) for 9 years now, achieving a couple of Scottish titles and clinging to one Scottish record.

Ross

View Post

Hey there, welcome to the board.
Well done for getting into medicine, i know many scarily clever people who have been rejected - so again, well done biggrin.gif
I had wanted to do medicine for yeeeears, then realised i wasn't up for putting in so much effort - so im hoping to do Pharmacy at Strathclyde. Ho hum.

#98 ross800

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE(Allana @ Jun 20 2005, 03:58 PM)

Hey there, welcome to the board.
Well done for getting into medicine, i know many scarily clever people who have been rejected - so again, well done biggrin.gif
I had wanted to do medicine for yeeeears, then realised i wasn't up for putting in so much effort - so im hoping to do Pharmacy at Strathclyde. Ho hum.

View Post

Hey there Allana!
Thanks very much, although i definately wouldn't say i was scarily clever! I was a member of Leaps and of Pathways and they both helped me a lot to get where i want to be.

Cool, i hear that and Pharmacology can be really interesting and very lucrative. But, as you've realised it's not all about the money, but if you enjoy the job it is a bonus!

I got a letter a couple of weeks ago from the Uni telling me that they had over-subscribed this year and asking me if i wanted a gap year! I said no thanks, 5 years is enough time to wait!

Ross

#99 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 04:01 PM

Hey again, and no problem.
It's not pharmacology i wan't to do, strathclyde uni do a pharmacy degree- although i suppose aspects of pharmacology are included. Hopefully somewhere down the line i can enter into industrial pharmacy, although usually only the best students are put forward. Best start working hard then tongue.gif

#100 JiLL

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 04:05 PM

[just out of interest!

how do u put a personal photo on to your profile!?

I ahve tried it various times butit aint working!!
lol
beast

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users