Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Best Subjects - HSN forum - Page 2

Best Subjects

64 replies to this topic

#21 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 07:06 PM

well last year i hated maths - dont even get me started! We had a teacher who was out to impress the lads wi his cool jokes n never spoke to me for the nest part of 3 years.. still got an A though no thanks to him!
At the moment i really dont like any of my subjects but i think the worst is chem n i dont really have a best one... that good i know!!

Gill x
user posted image

#22 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Mar 14 2005, 07:25 PM)
I like it this year, the teacher's better.  The woman I had last year and I just didn't get along.

Plus, I was on the verge of being dumped and I was feeling quite fragile, and she gave me an essay with a 12 out of 25 on it and mocked me in front of everyone.  THEN she said, "Oh, I've really upset you now, HAVEN'T I?!"  So I just burst out crying.

Most embarrassing moment of my life?  Oh, yes.  I think so.

Physics was boring.  Why can't people just accept that you plug things into the wall and they work?

View Post

Well its obvious your teacher last year was evil, she should be sacked. Teachers are paid to act within the code of conduct and not deliberately try to mock pupils. Plus they should always talk in the correct tone of voice. I wish teachers knew that they shouldnt annoy us like that. I mean its just wrong.
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#23 krazykooki

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 11:00 AM

like-french, german, drama (amazing teacher and class)

don't like-english (annoying teacher, bad texts), computing (teacher is so boring regularly fall asleep)

#24 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 10:18 PM

Ok it looks like English teachers really are bad. Who thinks the idea of English tutoring by former english students is a good idea?
I know a Uni graduate in English whose looking for some extra money if any of u need a tutor.

#25 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 19 March 2005 - 11:06 PM

*delete this please*
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#26 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 11:09 PM

I know what you mean, I had a similar problem with a teacher as you do with your philosophy teacher- its really annoying- I would have been able to do better with a better teacher.

#27 superstar

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 04:32 PM

Well the whole english department is our school is choas! Luckily last year i have prob the best teacher and it helped me alot. However, if i had had the PT who i had for SG there is no way i would have got a B for higher! No way!

#28 Icemaiden

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:Mwahahahaha!Attempting to dominate the world.

Posted 20 March 2005 - 10:40 PM

Yup our english department was/is in chaos this year too.

Huggles

ice Maiden
http://icemaiden04.deviantart.com

I'm a nutter in need of a new home (any offers?!? :P)

Cornish Pasty Pixie

"Its a new dawn,its a new day,its a new life for me....and i'm feeling good" -->Muse,Feeling good

#29 Moral Fabric

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Interests:Well, i love music, I play guitar as a pass time and muck about on drums, I like funk, punk, rock etc etc the list goes on. <br />Hopefully going to Uni this year, Strathclyde Business School, look out for me =P<br />what other interests,... hmm... got lots, but cant remember =D.... later

Posted 14 May 2005 - 09:54 PM

Favourite-
Business Management
Accounts
Maths
Chemistry

Worst- (because it's sooooo hard, lol)
English

#30 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 10:24 AM

Yes English is really hard. My skills are slowly sliping away but everytime I read my notes again they come back, unfortunately the same isnt true for Maths

#31 AppleCore

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • Interests:Photography but first has to be Mountain Biking!

Posted 15 May 2005 - 03:28 PM

I'd recommend Higher and Adv/Higher Economics to anyone who wants to know about what really goes on in the business world and what should really go on in the business world!

it was still is and will always be my favourite subject

#32 *sofax*

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:playing the fiddle, swimming, music, the OC, Will and Grace and going out with friends. Not that there is much to do here!!

Posted 15 May 2005 - 03:49 PM

I wish I could do something different on 6th like economics but my school is really small and has a very limited curriculum. Plus it's the only school on the island I would have to leave home if I wanted to do something new! But in saying that I would definitely recommend

H History
H Chemistry

Although english is hard with good texts it is enjoyable.
*a wee drop of heaven*

x sophie x

#33 wikked-dfc

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 09:19 PM

I did
H Computing- This was fun and I really liked it so Im doing AH next year
H Accounts- Best subject ever take it if you can-tomorrow is the last time I do accounts in school (sob) in the exam its the end of a fabulous era!
H English- The teacher was dreadful but the banter in the class was great and occassionally the teacher joined in (she was really old and once she discussed who she wanted to neck with-Atticus Finch from TO Kill A Mockingbird LOL!)
H Maths-Crazy teacher who daily made a mistake which me and the girl had to correct her about because everyday when she wrote an example she would look at us to make sure it was right lol-but seriously she was great and its also the end of an era since I've had 3 brilliantly funny years in her class
H Physics-Avoid at all costs- I would rather sit and watch paint dry than do this course again-If you thought standard grade was good you are in for a very very boring shock when you do HIgher cos it is the worst subject I have ever done-crappy teacher who had his favourites from fourth year who,laughed at his rubbish little britain impressions- adn one boy who needed to know everything that wasn't in the course and asked really boring questions. There wasn't even any banter in the class at all so IMO this is the worst possible subject ever!

#34 Claire14421

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 12:54 PM

It seems like a lot of people hate english. I do too and I've even got a really good teacher. It's always been my worst subject.

I really like maths, chemistry and physics. I find all the sciences really fascinating (people give me funny looks and call me strange whenever i tell them this!).

I would have enjoyed biology this year too but we didn't have a teacher for most of the year so I found it really boring.

#35 Broken Fairy Wings

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:writers: Francesca Lia Block, Elizabeth Wurtzel, Sylvia Plath, Carol Lee, JD Salinger, Jeffrey Eugenides, Virginia Woolf..<br /><br />music: Lisa Marie Presley, Michael Jackson, Katy Rose, Tori Amos, Bjork, Fiona Apple, Bruce Springsteen, David Bowie, Delirious?, Nirvana, Silverchair, Bob Dylan, Blondie, Elliott Smith, Joss Stone, Bright Eyes, Rilo Kiley, The Postal Service, Hanson, HIM, The Beach Boys, Jewel, Third Day, Kelly Osbourne, Liz Phair, Mandy Moore, Maria Mena, The Velvet Underground, Nico, Jem, KT Tunstall, Jeff Buckley, Jewel, The Clash, Jamison Parker, Kryah, Death Cab For Cutie, Melissa Etheridge, Mariah Carey, Janet Jackson, Elvis Presley, White Stripes, Speedway, Who Will Miss Mary, PJ Harvey..<br /><br />movies: White Oleander, Thirteen, Donnie Darko, Finding Neverland, Lost In Translation, Peter Pan, The Virgin Suicides, Labyrinth, Winning London, A Walk To Remember, Ghost World, The Hours, Igby Goes Down, Romeo &amp; Juliet, Don't Say A Word, Saved!, Hotel Rwanda, Dear Frankie, Song For A Raggy Boy..<br /><br />Other Stuff: fairies, glitter, snow, dancing in the rain, swimming, the beach, nature, Mary Kate &amp; Ashley, Home &amp; Away, writing, poetry, wearing fairy wings, taking photos, making icons, Evan Rachel Wood..

Posted 19 May 2005 - 04:07 PM

Faves:
Biology - find the subject really really interesting & love my teacher to pieces. i've had her ever since she came to our school 3 years ago & she's just really sweet & funny & helpful, which makes the subject even better than it already is.

Sociology - again, interesting subject, plus our teacher was a right laugh & let us come & go as we pleased. For the last half a year only 3 of us turned up on a regular basis, which was fun.

Hates:
Chemistry - Higher is sooooo much harder & far more boring than Standard Grade. Just can't stand it, except my teacher was pretty nice.

Maths - i don't really mind the subject that much, i just tend to push myself too hard in it + my class was really boring.

English
- Doesn't fall under either category because i love love love the subject [doing it at AH next year] & my teacher is the funniest guy alive, but i got bullied for most of the year in that class & it just made it hell.

Peace, <3 & fairy dust
-Laura, exoh!

It’s not that I literally think I’m a faerie. It’s just that I feel so different from most people. And this idea of a race living underground in caverns, spending all their days dancing and playing the fiddle and eating flowers and reciting poetry and sharing their dreams, that to me sounds much more real than the way people live in this world, hating and fighting and wanting and hurting. - FLB

Imagine that I can't be comforted at all , in pieces I went from crawling into a ball. Evidence, it's in my breathing every day, less and less and less. Can you hear me now, cause I'm not doing fine, I'm drowning in my mind again - LisaMariePresley

#36 Gavers

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 05:12 PM

Best subject ever invented - Advanced Higher Tech studies, It's such a laugh, my teachers possibly the best one in Scotland , the class are all amazing folks, and the subject is easy toooooo biggrin.gif

What more could you want?

Adv higher Geo is great too, but not as good as techy.

H Chemistrys great, our teacher told me we were the best class he'd had while teaching that course, not just brainywise, but people wise as well smile.gif

H Physics was good, I'm doing physics at uni next year (hopefully)

H English I liked, mainly cause our teacher was amazing, and told us brilliant stories biggrin.gif

#37 Jas0n

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 11:38 PM

Favourite

Maths, Physics mostly and maybe chemistry

Least Favourite

English full stop
IPB Image

#38 Matthew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 01:05 AM

Don't do english if you can avoid it - it ain't worth the stress.

#39 echoes

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 08:04 AM

Favourite: Art

#40 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 02:57 PM

Yeh English is really stressful.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users